slim pickens

Zack Follett: "Matt Stafford is a china doll"

Who is Jay Cutler?

If you google him, I hear there may be some information about Cutler on twitter.

I understand that Follett was speaking only about the present, and that it wasn't really a cut at Stafford, but... really, dude? The only Lion that I've heard may have a career-ending injury (at the end of his second year, no less) is Zack Follett.

Follett didn't look too sharp to me in coverage this year. This quote makes me think that the problem may not be entirely physical.

Yay drama!!

He didn't mean it to be as mean-spirited as it sounded. Slow news day, Slim and Sag are here to help as usual.

Yay drama!!

He didn't mean it to be as mean-spirited as it sounded. Slow news day.

Exactly what I thought when I originally heard the comments & even after I saw his response video. The rest of my post isn't directed at you.

Not the greatest thing to say....probably, but mean spirited? Absolutely not.

Yeah, he might be a bit over the top in the way he presents his beliefs, but so what? Now let's make fun of the guy because of what he believes...

Also, I love throwing the guy under the bus for calling the kettle black. Follett got taken off the field, immobilized, on an apparent neck/spine injury, and was then put on IR. That can happen to anybody at any time in an NFL game. Not saying what happened to Stafford couldn't, but I wouldn't classify both of those injuries as the result of, "being a China doll."

And as far as what he said in the first place, how many times has it been said on here alone that people are worried Stafford is injury prone? But just because he worded it poorly & said he was like a China doll right now, it's a big deal. Only argument I can make is that you shouldn't say something like that about a teammate, but there's no doubt in my mind that the majority of Lions fans are wondering the same thing.

Exactly what I thought when I originally heard the comments & even after I saw his response video. The rest of my post isn't directed at you. Not the greatest thing to say....probably, but mean spirited? Absolutely not. Yeah, he might be a bit over the top in the way he presents his beliefs, but so what? Now let's make fun of the guy because of what he believes...Also, I love throwing the guy under the bus for calling the kettle black. Follett got taken off the field, immobilized, on an apparent neck/spine injury, and was then put on IR. That can happen to anybody at any time in an NFL game. Not saying what happened to Stafford couldn't, but I wouldn't classify both of those injuries as the result of, "being a China doll."And as far as what he said in the first place, how many times has it been said on here alone that people are worried Stafford is injury prone? But just because he worded it poorly & said he was like a China doll right now, it's a big deal. Only argument I can make is that you shouldn't say something like that about a teammate, but there's no doubt in my mind that the majority of Lions fans are wondering the same thing.

Good post. Its also annoying that people are comparing playing quarterback to running down on kickoffs or taking on a fullback every play. Two totally different worlds. Quarterback is one step above the kicker and punter.

Stafford will bounce back from all of this and he will have a good career.

I don't think dropping Stafford in such a way that he might bounce is a good idea. The main reason people object so much to him being called a china doll... is because we all know he's a china doll. Don't speak the truth though. That'll get you in trouble.

The main reason people object so much to him being called a china doll... is because we all know he's a china doll. Don't speak the truth though. That'll get you in trouble.

No, this is what people don't get. Most fans don't object to Stafford being called a china doll. We just don't think he should be called a china doll by his teammate. Leave that to fans, and maybe critical media members. A teammate is supposed to have your back.

That said, it's not that big a deal if it slips out, and Follett does a quick mea culpa saying he didn't mean it the way it came out. Zack made it a huge deal himself when he attacked the media and blamed satan. This shouldn't be anywhere near the cluster*** it's become.

Edited by LineCrosser

I now know who you remind me of, Michael "Nothing Surprises Me" Wilbon. He never gets too emotional about any subject and just says, "whats the big deal?"

Maybe I'm wrong.

I don't know if nothing surprises me. Actually things like this semi-surprise me. It amazes me how every little thing is turned into great drama like someone should be overly offended. If friends want to call me this or that, that's fine. Worrying about it just has no value. In fact, I'll probably laugh and say "Yeah, you're right." If I was Stafford, that's what I'd probably say if this was said about me. I'd have to say "Well, I haven't proven that I'm not, right?" If he said that, it would be ALL OVER - end of story.

"Out of context"..."Used the wrong words" Don't see how both can be true. So easy to use that as a defense.

Still, I have said much worse to my friends and we all knew it was just joking.

If he owned up, and talked to Stafford and they are OK, anyone else needs to let it go.

Edited by knoxvegas