TigerFan2490

LOVE the team, HATE the organization!!!

Just for the sake of a good logical fallacy...

I disagree that you are in complete agreement with every single person in this thread.

I totally agree with you RR.

They traded Dusty Ryan ??? What were they THINKING? Judas Freaking Priest, how in Hell do I get his autograph now ?????

I've got his autograph on a baseball bat from his LFT days. It will cost you the tidy sum of $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

Between not retiring Tram and Lou, not honoring Sparky before his death, and the awful contract extensions we're just now getting rid of, it's not like I fully love the organization itself either.

But not hate. There are much worse out there.

Just for the sake of a good logical fallacy...

I disagree that you are in complete agreement with every single person in this thread.

I feel like I just entered the Twilight Zone just now.

nope, never met him. Wait maybe I did. Maybe I even met his wife. Maybe he gave me a Bryce Harper home run ball from instructs, but then, maybe not. I guess me and the Lakeland fans know for sure.

Larry

Oh God, who cares. You sure are full of yourself.

This was my point.

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. Only your fans know!!!

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. Only your fans know!!!

Wow, they think alike. I would hope that the majority of posters didn't regard my statement regarding Brandon Douglas as bragging, since I have made similiar comments about many Flying Tigers when appropriate. First you stand by your statement and then you change your position. Don't worry, my 8 year old granddaughter does the same thing. As for Yoda, I am honored that you follow my posts, especially since none of them remotely pertain to you, but you continue to comment.

Thanks to Yoop and DontGotSheed for the kind comments.

Larry

2011 AAT Kenny Faulk

Wow, they think alike. I would hope that the majority of posters didn't regard my statement regarding Brandon Douglas as bragging, since I have made similiar comments about many Flying Tigers when appropriate. First you stand by your statement and then you change your position. Don't worry, my 8 year old granddaughter does the same thing. As for Yoda, I am honored that you follow my posts, especially since none of them remotely pertain to you, but you continue to comment.

Thanks to Yoop and DontGotSheed for the kind comments.

Larry

2011 AAT Kenny Faulk

No. I always stood by my statement. You guys read it wrong. Of COURSE you were suggesting that you knew him. It was sarcastic disbelief.

Don't worry, my five-year old son doesn't get sarcasm either.

As for Yoda, I am honored that you follow my posts, especially since none of them remotely pertain to you, but you continue to comment.

I love how you turned your attention to him like some great orator. I don't even know Yoda. But my guess isn't so much that he follows your posts. But he just reads the whole thread. It's a message board. The idea is to talk and disagree.

Wow, they think alike. I would hope that the majority of posters didn't regard my statement regarding Brandon Douglas as bragging

It was, especially because it was irrelevant.

I believe the small alliance that will take any comment that Plantcitytigerfan makes and belittle it to be a distraction to the purpose of this forum. He offers an opinion and often it is out of alignment with those published. His defense of criticism is also often ill worded. Yet I take his comments as sincere and only offered to add a little more to the minor league threads. He "knows" many more of the players than I do on closer basis. Douglas would be one that I know shared quite a few meals with PCTF. I took his "brag" as a sarcastic rebuttal to a challenging question that held no evident sarcasm. He is a welcome addition to any LFt game and I enjoy the few times we sit near each other. So off my box now........

I avoid psychoanalysis or advanced sociology, lacking the appropriate shingle, but I'll just state my opinion that when a person tends to focus on the negative, stuff tends to fly. :wink: That and a lack of AAT picks, lol.

Edited by DaYooperASBDT

I believe the small alliance that will take any comment that Plantcitytigerfan makes and belittle it to be a distraction to the purpose of this forum. He offers an opinion and often it is out of alignment with those published. His defense of criticism is also often ill worded. Yet I take his comments as sincere and only offered to add a little more to the minor league threads. He "knows" many more of the players than I do on closer basis. Douglas would be one that I know shared quite a few meals with PCTF. I took his "brag" as a sarcastic rebuttal to a challenging question that held no evident sarcasm. He is a welcome addition to any LFt game and I enjoy the few times we sit near each other. So off my box now........

I took issue with the fact that the whole tone of his post was condescending and the reference to knowing the player unnecessary. We didn't need the lecture "I've learned you can't argue..."

If you post something on a message board there is a chance someone's gonna agree with you. It's not something to take seriously. Now I haven't been on here that long and don't know the sacred cows (all these boards have people you just can't question) but I didn't like the tone. I'm not particularly fond of the tone of the quoted post above either. I'm not gonna be a total jerk or troll, but these things are no fun when there is no debate. I expect people to rip me apart on these boards.

I am not really impressed with name dropping and to be blunt it's sort of a pet peeve of mine.

Edited by NeedMoreLike84

If you post something on a message board there is a chance someone's gonna agree with you. It's not something to take seriously. Now I haven't been on here that long and don't know the sacred cows (all these boards have people you just can't question)

The only sacred cows are IdahoBert and Charles Liston.

The only sacred cows are IdahoBert and Charles Liston.

Should I just get an insult out of the way now?

IdahoBert and Charles Liston,

I disagree with the premise and/or opinion you just stated.

Sorry to get so harsh.

I took issue with the fact that the whole tone of his post was condescending and the reference to knowing the player unnecessary. We didn't need the lecture "I've learned you can't argue..."

If you post something on a message board there is a chance someone's gonna agree with you. It's not something to take seriously. Now I haven't been on here that long and don't know the sacred cows (all these boards have people you just can't question) but I didn't like the tone. I'm not particularly fond of the tone of the quoted post above either. I'm not gonna be a total jerk or troll, but these things are no fun when there is no debate. I expect people to rip me apart on these boards.

I am not really impressed with name dropping and to be blunt it's sort of a pet peeve of mine.

There's a long history with certain posters taking pot shots at "plantcitytigersfan", I think that's what hueytaxi was referring to. I suppose whether some pot shots are earned and some are unfair is another question entirely.

Roger, thank you and I agree with everything you said, especially that some of my responses, especially to Mark and Edman could have been handled better on my part. As for the poster, if you are on here just to create debate, that is okay but I will stay out of it, as you can probably tell, I dont need any help. You can take shots at me but if you are taking a shot at HueyTaxi, you will learn that he is probably one of the five most respected people on this forum.

Larry

2011 AAT Kenny Faulk

I don't know where a lot of the "I really respect what plantcity brings to the table" talk comes from.

Honestly, I see him as a fanboy who provides little to no insight on anything baseball-related. Access does not beget insight without knowledge. He plays the victim card quite a bit, and acts as a passive-aggressive douchebag when people disagree with him.

It's a circus act, and it's fun to watch, honestly.