nd1377

2011 Detroit Lions Offseason

Which means it's good enough to win an NFC Championship.

That's why if the Lions make the right moves this offseason and they have no major injuries next season, the Kool Aid and Cornbread will be flowing in Detroit.

If there is one thing last weekend's playoffs showed me, it's that the Lions are not far away. They could beat almost every single one of these teams, if they are on their game, and are healthy. The Lions are not going to be outclassed by talent any more.

If there is one thing last weekend's playoffs showed me, it's that the Lions are not far away. They could beat almost every single one of these teams, if they are on their game, and are healthy. The Lions are not going to be outclassed by talent any more.

Finally! And wouldnt it be the luck of Lions to have a lockout this off-season.

That's the tallest midget award. The Lions o-line was about the same as the Pack and the Bears, which is to say average at best.

This is about right...Backus and Simms were the only above average performers on the line, and Backus going to be 34 next year and has been pretty mediocre in the past. I agree -- its not the back 7 -- but there are reasons to be concerned about with the line.

-Tony

Gosdar too definitely and Peterman improved a ton in the 2nd half when his foot started to heal. Really cut down the penalties too.

I don't remember too many flashes from Charles Rogers. To me, he came off as a lazy and spoiled athlete who thought everything should be handed to him because of his athletic abilities.

Yah, not many, but started out with 4 TDs in his first 2 games before the first 2 injuries. I think he got lazy due to the injuries more than anything. He had 2 straight years off and got into hanging out, smoking weed, doin' coke, hanging out at the Soaring Eagle etc. He was never an angel, but I think the injuries gave him way too much free time(and he had a lot of money to play with).

Finally! And wouldnt it be the luck of Lions to have a lockout this off-season.

It wouldn't kill the Lions.

Since the poll showed LB as the biggest need here is a list of unrestricted free agent LBs.

NFL Free Agents by Position

Kevin Bentley Houston Texans UFA LB

Quincy Black Tampa Bay Buccaneers UFA LB

H.B. Blades Washington Redskins UFA LB

Stewart Bradley Philadelphia Eagles UFA LB

Kevin Burnett San Diego Chargers UFA LB

Stephen Cooper San Diego Chargers UFA LB

Zak DeOssie New York Giants UFA LB

Zac Diles Houston Texans UFA LB

Justin Durant Jacksonville Jaguars UFA LB

Keyaron Fox Pittsburgh Steelers UFA LB

Andre Frazier Pittsburgh Steelers UFA LB

Chad Greenway Minnesota Vikings UFA LB

Tamba Hali Kansas City Chiefs UFA LB

David Harris New York Jets UFA LB

Adam Hayward Tampa Bay Buccaneers UFA LB

Will Herring Seattle Seahawks UFA LB

Landon Johnson Detroit Lions UFA LB

Dhani Jones Cincinnati Bengals UFA LB

Chris Kelsay Buffalo Bills UFA LB

Manny Lawson San Francisco 49ers UFA LB

Ben Leber Minnesota Vikings UFA LB

Shawne Merriman Buffalo Bills UFA LB

Kirk Morrison Jacksonville Jaguars UFA LB

Stephen Nicholas Atlanta Falcons UFA LB

Mike Peterson Atlanta Falcons UFA LB

Paul Posluszny Buffalo Bills UFA LB

Barrett Ruud Tampa Bay Buccaneers UFA LB

Clint Session Indianapolis Colts UFA LB

Scott Shanle New Orleans Saints UFA LB

Brandon Siler San Diego Chargers UFA LB

Takeo Spikes San Francisco 49ers UFA LB

David Thornton Tennessee Titans UFA LB

Mike Vrabel Kansas City Chiefs UFA LB

Gerris Wilkinson New York Giants UFA LB

Coy Wire Atlanta Falcons UFA LB

LaMarr Woodley Pittsburgh Steelers UFA LB

And CB are in the second position in the poll, here are unrestricted free agent CBs.

Champ Bailey Denver Broncos UFA CB

Ronde Barber Tampa Bay Buccaneers UFA CB

Josh Bell Green Bay Packers UFA CB

Will Blackmon Green Bay Packers UFA CB

Tarell Brown San Francisco 49ers UFA CB

Chris Carr Baltimore Ravens UFA CB

Antonio Cromartie New York Jets UFA CB

Andre Dyson New York Jets UFA CB

Drayton Florence Buffalo Bills UFA CB

Corey Graham Chicago Bears UFA CB

Chris Houston Detroit Lions UFA CB

Kelly Jennings Seattle Seahawks UFA CB

Johnathan Joseph Cincinnati Bengals UFA CB

Eric King Detroit Lions UFA CB

Elbert Mack Tampa Bay Buccaneers UFA CB

Richard Marshall Carolina Panthers UFA CB

Trumaine McBride Chicago Bears UFA CB

Brandon McDonald Cleveland Browns UFA CB

Bryant McFadden Arizona Cardinals UFA CB

Carlos Rogers Washington Redskins UFA CB

Scott Starks Jacksonville Jaguars UFA CB

Ike Taylor Pittsburgh Steelers UFA CB

Josh Wilson Baltimore Ravens UFA CB

Eric Wright Cleveland Browns UFA CB

If/when teams can sign free agents, is there anyone worth getting for the Lions?

Shawne Merriman signed an extension, and Nnamdi Asomougha's contract was voided so he's a UFA.

Out of that group of LB's, I'd target Chad Greenway, David Harris, and Paul Posluszny. Love Posluszny, that's a guy the Lions could use.

Out of the CB's: I want to re-sign Houston, and if the Steelers don't snap up Ike Taylor I'd feel he'd be a good signing.

What, are you his neighbor or something? How do you know his eating habits? His ability to get on the field will play a huge role in their success going forward, but it wasn't like he wasn't playing `cuz he was out of shape.

He got hurt because he was out of shape. The guy didn't claim to know his eating habits, he was just inferring that they are not as good as they could be because Matt looks out of shape. He looks soft, and needs to find a way to be more durable. Adding muscle is a good way to do that...

What gives you the right to go all Rambo on this guy for making a statement???? Are you the Internet Message Board Policeman or something? I guess having thousands of message board posts gets you places in the world today.

Out of that group of LB's, I'd target Chad Greenway, David Harris, and Paul Posluszny. Love Posluszny, that's a guy the Lions could use.

Out of the CB's: I want to re-sign Houston, and if the Steelers don't snap up Ike Taylor I'd feel he'd be a good signing.

Totally agree on Posluszny. I think we would be able to get him cheaper than Greenway due to his injury history. He seems to be out of that phase though, thank God. I think Harris will get franchised, but one can hope. Greenway is good, but I think his contract demands will be a little rich for my blood. I wouldn't pay him what I think he is going to want.

I don't really want Ike Taylor here. IMO he is a very dumb player. He gets flagged at the most inopportune times, and is very overrated. The steelers' front makes him look alot better than he is. He was only average at best and now that he's older, I say he's below average. If he wasn't on the steelers, nobody would think that much of him. I would rather have other guys...maybe a Grimes from ATL.

Lions sign safety Erik Coleman

The Lions have signed Atlanta safety, Erik Coleman.

They are reporting this in the local paper here also. He is from Spokane, same HS I went to (quite a while after I was there). He should be a good depth guy for them.

Redskins sign FS O.J. Atogwe: 5 years, $26 million.

Wow, That's a lot for a 30 year old FS.

I wonder if that will increase the price for cornerbacks.

Redskins sign FS O.J. Atogwe: 5 years, $26 million.

Wow, That's a lot for a 30 year old FS.

I wonder if that will increase the price for cornerbacks.

Dan Snyder strikes again.

Lions Release Smith, Peterson

I know this is old news, but since it is slow around here and the NFL is in a sad state, I thought I would post that Julian Peterson and Kevin Smith were released by the Lions.

It sure is slow around here. I thought these people were Lions fans.

I was on here last offseason, and there were tons of new posts to read everytime I logged on. Now, I can log on 5 days after my last comment, and it will still be the most recent one.

It sure is slow around here. I thought these people were Lions fans.

I was on here last offseason, and there were tons of new posts to read everytime I logged on. Now, I can log on 5 days after my last comment, and it will still be the most recent one.

I think the draft thread is pretty active (well as active as it can be, it was started pretty early) and with the NFL uncertainty it makes it kind of hard to discuss free agents and such. I'm sure it will pick up a little closer to the draft too. People are dealing with Spring Training excitement and March Madness.