BoomGaspar

Tigers card checklist

This is a new thread because I fear my "Private Message" feature isn't working....several years ago Davidsb, you made a Tigers card checklist book, and I was wondering if you had updated it to the present time. If not, I may be interested in taking up the challege...what software did you use? Thanks for any information you can provide.

This is a new thread because I fear my "Private Message" feature isn't working....several years ago Davidsb, you made a Tigers card checklist book, and I was wondering if you had updated it to the present time. If not, I may be interested in taking up the challege...what software did you use? Thanks for any information you can provide.
Private message is working. I was out of town the past few days and had not a chance to respond, sorry. I use Excel and hundreds of hours of typing! I was waiting for all the 2010 releases to be done and update my checklist. It is like 55-60 pages long. It includes about everything from 1901 to the present I could get information on. I would sell you a copy of it at cost if you are interested. I probably would not have it done until the end of the month. Let me know.

I'd definitely be interested...also, if you need any help in compiling/editing/whatever it, I'd be happy to do that too.

Boom - give me another couple of weeks and I can hook you up. I am right in the middle of screen printing little league uni's, my most busy time of the year.

KC - I have a Tiger checklist that list every Tiger card, parallel, subset, etc for every manufacturer out there back to 1901. I am not saying I did not miss a few but if I did, it was not many.

Boom - give me another couple of weeks and I can hook you up. I am right in the middle of screen printing little league uni's, my most busy time of the year.

KC - I have a Tiger checklist that list every Tiger card, parallel, subset, etc for every manufacturer out there back to 1901. I am not saying I did not miss a few but if I did, it was not many.

Sounds very cool. How may I get a copy from you? Cost?

A few years ago I took the Beckett annual and highlighted every Tigers Topps base card and insert. Just doing that was Herculean. It's truly amazing how many inserts there are going back into the 60's. Cards, stamps, coins, posters, tattoos, bucks, etc, etc. I started putting the list to paper but eventually just gave up. And that's just putting the list together - the time, effort and cost of finding all those cards and paying for them would probably be endless. I still pick up the random coin, etc, when I stumble across them, but I no longer have any aspirations of building a master set. Especially nowadays with the 1/1's, etc. I still build the base and modern inserts, but have been considering just scaling back to base for team set-building.

If you all are looking for checklists, I found another site with pictures of the cards!!!

The Trading Card Database

Once you go to the site, go to the very bottom of the page and click on "Baseball" under the "Browse" heading. Next browse by teams, then select Detroit Tigers. You will see this site list from 1909, 1911, 1914, 1915, 1933 thru 2011 and all with pictures of the cards! It list Base sets, Inserts, Oddball and Parallels.

Edited by KCFITZ78

KCFITZ, that site is awesome! From just a brief look at 2011 I saw a few cards I didn't know about. This is going to be a fantastic resource - thanks for sharing!

I apologize it took so long but this thing is HUGE and took hundreds of hours!! 57 pages front and back.

CL1.jpg

CL2.jpg

This is just a print screen view, actual is printed very sharp. It has every card set I could find. I am sure I am missing a few sets but I am sure they are very obscure!!

I discovered these a while back. Fairly comprehensive checklists for 2011 and 2010. They've come in very handy for me.

2011 & 2010

I've tried to keep up with them as best as I can (I have a break from work and school for a week coming up, when I'll try to sure up the 2011 ones), and they are constantly being tweaked. If you find anything missing, feel free to let me know!

You guys who maintain and share checklists are very much appreciated. It's pretty much impossible otherwise to get a handle on everything. Even the big annuals don't come close. I wonder if Topps even knows themselves what all they have out there.

This looks great...how do we go about acquiring a copy of this?

Send me a PM if anyone is interested in one. I am not in it for a profit, just want to cover expenses. Thanks!

For anyone interested in an easy way to keep all their wantlists in one place, I highly recommend this. Dave's checklist is accurate, exhaustive, and all around well done. It's well worth the price for the result.

For anyone interested in an easy way to keep all their wantlists in one place, I highly recommend this. Dave's checklist is accurate, exhaustive, and all around well done. It's well worth the price for the result.
Thank you Boom, I appreciate the kind words. It is truly an ongoing labor of love!