DaYooperASBDT

The 2011 Adopt A Tiger Draft Extravaganza

Is it me, or does Jacob Turner even LOOK like bad*** while on the mound?

Anyhow on to the next selection!

With the #9 pick in the 2011 AAT Draft, Imminent Threat selects:

Victor Martinez, C/DH

With the #10 pick, Los Gatos will make a selection from the Tigers talented bullpen.

Daniel Schlereth #55

Relief Pitcher Detroit Tigers

Height: 6-0 Weight: 210

Bats: L Throws: L

Born: May 9, 1986 - Anchorage, AK

http://tigers.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=519259

Daniel Schlereth - Detroit Tigers - MLB - Yahoo! Sports

Daniel Schlereth - The Baseball Cube

97461557_display_image.jpg?1294122744

Schlereth is going to play an important role for the Tigers as the #1 lefty in the pen provided Coke is in the rotation. Drafted by the Diamondbacks with the 26th pick in the 1st round of the 2008 draft, Schlereth was part of the trade that IMO is the 2nd best of the Dombrowski era, landing 4 players who all are tracking to be key contributors in the present and long term future for the Tigers. Daniel has racked up an impressive 12.13 strikeouts per 9 innings in his minor league career and 9.97 in his brief MLB career so far. Unfortunately those come with 5.76 BB/9 in the minors and 6.08/9 in the majors.

The son of former NFLer Mark Schlereth, Daniel had Tommy John surgery following his senior year of high school and started his college career as a redshirt freshman at UNLV before pitching for 3 years at the University of Arizona where he shared the bullpen with Tiger Ryan Perry (drafted 5 spots ahead of Daniel in the '08 draft) and Giants prospect Jason Stoffel (4th round, '09 draft). Schlereth was also drafted in 2007 by the A's (8th round) but elected to return to AZ for his junior year and improved his draft position considerably.

I had the pleasure of attending the game late last season in Chicago where Daniel recored his first career MLB save - the extra inning ESPN Sunday night game on September 19th. Schlereth struck out Manny Ramirez looking on a wicked breaking ball to end the game. Video of the pitch is on the Tigers link above.

The link below is to a neat interview (audio) with Mark Schlereth talking about Daniel.

ESPN?s Mark Schlereth makes a ‘deal’ with his son, Daniel, the former Arizona baseball standout - The Matt Minkus Show

bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=C4&Dato=20100919&Kategori=SPORTS02&Lopenr=9200801&Ref=PH&Item=1&MaxW=600&MaxH=450&border=0&Quality=100

20100303182425_2010-0303-rb-tigers-bluejays0787.jpg

daniel-schlereth-391x213-20100301.jpg

20100225174431_2010-0225-rb-tigers0021.jpg

Edited by Los Gatos

For the 11th pick, I adopt Magglio Ordonez for the 2011 Draft.

I'll post pics and stuff later, I've got a fever (I await cowbell jokes)

#12: LJK004 ********** ON THE CLOCK **********

#13: BengalBJ

#14: lindappel

#15: JohnnyMac

#16: MC Sucka DJ

#17: FRM710

#18: davidsb

Edited by DaYooperASBDT

With the 12th pick, LJK004 drafts Joel Zumaya

WoAXW30mMAg

zoom%20ks%20milton%20on%20104%20mph%20cheese.jpg

1277857473.jpg

"He's throwing 100 mph -- in the dark! It's hard enough to hit 100, let alone when you can't see it. Start your swing and use the Jedi mind trick and hope the ball hits the bat" -Doug Mientkiewicz describing Joel Zumaya Opening Day 2006

"...would you want to face a guy with blood in his right eye, a flame tattoo on his left forearm and a 103-m.p.h. fastball in his arsenal? Probably not." - Columnist Michael Rosenberg in the Detroit Free Press (Pumped up, 10/06/2006)

Joel Zumaya Career stats at Baseball-reference

Edited by LJK004

"He's throwing 100 mph -- in the dark! It's hard enough to hit 100, let alone when you can't see it. Start your swing and use the Jedi mind trick and hope the ball hits the bat" -Doug Mientkiewicz describing Joel Zumaya Opening Day 2006

"...would you want to face a guy with blood in his right eye, a flame tattoo on his left forearm and a 103-m.p.h. fastball in his arsenal? Probably not." - Columnist Michael Rosenberg in the Detroit Free Press (Pumped up, 10/06/2006)

Joel Zumaya Career stats at Baseball-reference

Great quotes! :grin:

Edited by C03BRA

I hope this speeds up, I am going to be up north this weekend and I doubt I'll have internet and phone service. I don't want to get hosed.

Question....

If Phil Coke where to lose say 50 pounds, would we have to call him Phil Diet Coke?

I think if he even slurs the word diet, we should be all over it!!!!!!!!!!

Question....

If Phil Coke where to lose say 50 pounds, would we have to call him Phil Diet Coke?

And if he somehow becomes anorectic, we can call him Coke Zero.

(:dead:)

Sure. I'd like to say he would fall that far, but .....

I think most of my list is off the board. :cry: Did I add Max St. Pierre? If not, I'll add him too.