DaYooperASBDT

The 2011 Adopt A Tiger Draft Extravaganza

Would it be too weird to give him Granderson still. I know it is Adopt a Tiger, but Grandy still has a lot of love for Brian and we could just apply the "Always a Tiger" thing to this situation... just a thought?

I like that idea.

Would it be too weird to give him Granderson still. I know it is Adopt a Tiger, but Grandy still has a lot of love for Brian and we could just apply the "Always a Tiger" thing to this situation... just a thought?

I like that. Granderson has always honored Brian, so I think that would be great--even though Grandy is no longer a Tiger.

If John Fuller is still around, someone should let him know (Grandy's PR guy) I think Grandy would love to know that if we go with that idea.

Edited by whitecapwendy

Perhaps it is just me, but it kind of loses its meaning for me when his AAT the year he died and his favorite player are gone.

Agreed.

At the risk of sounding cold, crass or disrespectful, I don't think it would be necessary to keep including him in future AAT drafts. The Tigers HOF that was started here is named in his honor, and when we were doing prospect rankings (something that could always start up again), those were named in his honor. It's not like he's suddenly be forgotten if he's not a posthumous part of AAT anymore.

I'm leaning toward designating Curtis as Brian's permanent AAT.

Then you don't really need to re-draft him every year. Sure we're making an exception (for an ex Tiger) - but Brian certainly was exceptional. :classic:

I think Angie would be fine with that. We even told Curtis the last time we talked to him that we still think of him as a Tiger first and foremost.

I understand what Wendy was saying a little earlier. It was a little saddening, but I understood (no offense to anyone who shared the same thoughts). I was going to throw out the idea of doing some research myself and then making a choice, but Brian was much smarter than me and probably wouldn't have chosen the same player. I think this would be fine.

I think Angie would be fine with that. We even told Curtis the last time we talked to him that we still think of him as a Tiger first and foremost.

I understand what Wendy was saying a little earlier. It was a little saddening, but I understood (no offense to anyone who shared the same thoughts). I was going to throw out the idea of doing some research myself and then making a choice, but Brian was much smarter than me and probably wouldn't have chosen the same player. I think this would be fine.

Thanks for your insights here Justin, please keep in touch and let me know what you guys would prefer, thanks!

Since David Purcey has been picked, I'll have to stick with my trend of picking VSL players. There's always good ones passed over, and I always get a poor pick. Yet my prior AATs are doing very well.

On that note, I'm going to snatch up Midwest League All-Star Hernan Perez for this year.

One of your shots Roger? If so, outstanding!

Roger has one of those hi-tech cameras and actually has 5 or 6 photos of this collision. I hope Roger reads this and posts them.

Larry

2011 AAT Kenny Faulk

What are the rules for if one of our guys gets traded/released? Who do we get to pick from? This year's draft selections that are now playing? Or what?

If traded, you would have the option of adopting the new player from the trade or selecting from the available players including new draft picks. If your AAT is released, you may select any available player (staff, etc.) I believe this to be correct w/o reviewing the original rules.

Roger has one of those hi-tech cameras and actually has 5 or 6 photos of this collision. I hope Roger reads this and posts them.

Larry

2011 AAT Kenny Faulk

Shameless promotion of my AAT:

5648849362_0f78b44d70_z.jpg

5648286543_3c001a527e_z.jpg

5648851154_d24b93d48d_z.jpg

5648288343_d395130862_z.jpg

5648289023_24db382fa1_z.jpg

5648854254_52c718e197_z.jpg

5648855534_c207712b46_z.jpg

I purchased my Canon in "05 and in electronic devices, that is ancient. I actually own 3 of them now.

Edited by hueytaxi

If traded, you would have the option of adopting the new player from the trade or selecting from the available players including new draft picks. If your AAT is released, you may select any available player (staff, etc.) I believe this to be correct w/o reviewing the original rules.

Just was wondering what my options were since it looks like Billy Nowlin got released!

I guess since my beloved Billy Nowlin is now playing baseball in God knows where, I need someone new.

I think I will take Zach Samuels!

After losing Charlie Furbush to the Mariners, I officially adopt Doug Fister as my AAT for the pennant run!

So ordered! :-) Looks like three others also will have their AAT traded, so first come first served (from those 3 posters) on Mr. Pauley.

Edited by DaYooperASBDT

Can anyone help me out with this??? Steve Crnkovich was my adopted Tiger... I was checking up on him throughout the season, and I knew he had been sent to Extended Spring Training a while ago, but his stats have not changed since May... I put it off to an unreported injury for a while, but with STILL no activity, does anyone know if he was released?

It doesn't make much sense considering he put up 1.58 ERA last year as a reliever! But anyway, does anyone know?

Can anyone help me out with this??? Steve Crnkovich was my adopted Tiger... I was checking up on him throughout the season, and I knew he had been sent to Extended Spring Training a while ago, but his stats have not changed since May... I put it off to an unreported injury for a while, but with STILL no activity, does anyone know if he was released?

It doesn't make much sense considering he put up 1.58 ERA last year as a reliever! But anyway, does anyone know?

I think he got released a while ago.

Thanks... If Yoopers OP is still correct, I will take Jeff Jones out of the orphanage and put him under my wing for the upcoming postseason run.