DaYooperASBDT

The 2011 Adopt A Tiger Draft Extravaganza

I'll post more later but for now I'll just say I will repeat my AAt of 2010. With the 133rd selection in the 2011 AAT draft, I select Gabriel Purroy.

With the 138th pick I will select PJ Polk!

P.J. Polk - OF, Connecticut Tigers (Short Season - Detroit Tigers) - Stats

The Detroit Tigers' 13th-round selection last June, P.J. Polk shined in his debut season. Always a threat on the basepaths, the speedy outfielder was named to the New York-Penn League All-Star Team after finishing third in the league in stolen bases. Polk was a key contributor in the All-Star game, plating a run in the bottom of the eighth inning to begin a decisive three-run rally. In 64 games with the Class-A Connecticut Tigers, Polk hit .267, led the Tigers in steals and on-base percentage and was among the team leaders in hits, doubles, walks, runs scored, and batting average.

Full Name: Michael Deangelo Polk, Jr

Born: Dec 12, 1988

Place: Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Ht: 5-9 Wt: 170 Bats: R Throws: R

High School: Oakland (Mufreesboro,TN)

College: University of Tennessee

Drafted: Selected by Detroit Tigers in 13th Round (403rd overall) of 2010 amateur entry draft (June-Reg)

Edited by FRM710

Cool!! Hey Roger...I need a picture and some stats!
I told you, they don't allow those photos on here.......

Without a decent photo of Shannon in my active files, I stopped her last week for a posed shot out at the back fields......well they were no nice to a beautiful lady. Here is one from Lakelandlocal:

295007647_d0b5930a28.jpg

I would be hesitant to get into stats. When I met Shannon she was Assistant Manager of the Flying Tigers following a job at Tropicana Field. She is originally from Oneonta and was quite familiar with the Tigers when attending school. I believe it was following the 2006 season when she was promoted to her current position. She is still active at the stadium and special events, but her day job does keep her away from most games. Shannon has not only been the glue to hold the franchise together, I think she was also the assembly diagram. Great respect for this wonderful young lady.......and she is single! :happy:

Edited by hueytaxi

For my pick I take Infield Coach Rafael Belliard #17

110841.jpg

From his bio on the Tigers Website:

Coaching Career

A veteran of 17 seasons at the Major League level as an infielder, he was named the Tigers infield coach on October 11, 2005...Prior to joining the Tigers coaching staff, he spent six seasons (2000-05) as a roving minor league infield instructor for the Atlanta Braves.

Playing Career

His playing career spanned 20 seasons (1980-99) after he signed with the Pittsburgh Pirates as a non-drafted free agent on July 30, 1980...Compiled a .977 fielding percentage during his Major League career, seeing action at second base, third base and shortstop...Was a member of eight division-winning teams during his Major League career with Pittsburgh (1990) and Atlanta (1991-93, 1995-98)...was a member of the Braves World Series Championship club in 1995...Concluded his playing career with Albany-Colonie of the independent Northern League in 1999.

Personal

He, his wife Leonora and son Kevin (11/2/85) reside in Boca Raton, Fla., during the offseason...Actively participates with Tigers Dreams Come True and participated in the Tigers Winter Caravan.

I told you, they don't allow those photos on here.......

Without a decent photo of Shannon in my active files, I stopped her last week for a posed shot out at the back fields......well they were no nice to a beautiful lady. Here is one from Lakelandlocal:

295007647_d0b5930a28.jpg

I would be hesitant to get into stats. When I met Shannon she was Assistant Manager of the Flying Tigers following a job at Tropicana Field. She is originally from Oneonta and was quite familiar with the Tigers when attending school. I believe it was following the 2006 season when she was promoted to her current position. She is still active at the stadium and special events, but her day job does keep her away from most games. Shannon has not only been the glue to hold the franchise together, I think she was also the assembly diagram. Great respect for this wonderful young lady.......and she is single! :happy:

Thanks Roger...She does make me wish I was a bit younger!!!

I'll post more later but for now I'll just say I will repeat my AAt of 2010. With the 133rd selection in the 2011 AAT draft,

I select Gabriel Purroy.

5388811141_22668d07c6_z.jpg

5388813191_9094398bd9_z.jpg

5389418296_457f9a5205_z.jpg

5388808653_260306e7fb_z.jpg

5389416140_50430b2ae2_z.jpg

Thanks Roger...She does make me wish I was a bit younger!!!

This one from 2006:

5388796267_4016937b66_z.jpg

Girl seems to keep her eyes closed when the camera is around...

5-9 and 170. Oh yes the pants are definitely eating him.

I saw on Ramon Santiago's fan site he is 5'11" 150 pounds (I think that is almost 11 stone)

Home Page

it's not what is eating him, but what he isn't eating

wish I had that discipline

I saw on Ramon Santiago's fan site he is 5'11" 150 pounds (I think that is almost 11 stone)

Home Page

it's not what is eating him, but what he isn't eating

wish I had that discipline

Got to be a misprint, mistake or tapeworm. He was about 160 when he was in Lakeland many years ago

#136: goast8127 - ON THE CLOCK 6:02 pm

#137: Baseknock - ON THE CLOCK 6:39 pm

#140: FloridaTigers - ON THE CLOCK 9:09 pm

#141: wingedwheel

#142: hueytaxi

(After #140-142 are off clock or have all selected, begin FREE FOR ALL picks)

157 choices still on the board.....hope no one is in a hurry. This could take a while! :wink: