Deleterious

Nets try to involve Pistons in deal for Anthony

“@WojYahooNBA: Nevertheless, Nets and Pistons were operating under belief there was an agreement. Denver wants NJ to take more money back now, source says”

“@WojYahooNBA: The Nets are calling teams trying to help Detroit find a landing place for Johan Petro, front office executives say.”

“@Keith_Langlois: Just passing it along: Latest report out of Bergen Record has DaJuan Summers as other piece going to NJ w/Rip for Murphy, Petro.”

Edited by Anthony

And thank you for the obvious Ric Bucher

“@RicBucher: If this NJ-Det-Den deal happens - and there's a good chance of that - Nets become Pistons had they drafted Melo instead of Darko. But older.”

“@RicBucher: If this NJ-Det-Den deal happens - and there's a good chance of that - Nets become Pistons had they drafted Melo instead of Darko. But older.”

At least Bucher is saying there is a good chance of it happening.

The only missing link for NJ as "Pistons 2.0" would be Ben Wallace. Come to think of it, we might as well ship Big Ben to them as well. He deserves to play for a title.

Denver is going to drag *** so they have to postpone the trade. Makes sense with all the picks they are getting, assuming some of them are the Nets actual picks. Why give them a better team for the next 20 days and get a lower pick.

Who knows what to believe...I understand your point but it seems like all the reports coming out of ESPN and Yahoo is that this deal will get done sooner rather than later and I have not seen one mention of these being a concern for Denver.

This is pretty confusing. This makes me think the Pistons might be getting a pick.

Edit: If Denver is the one with cold feet, the Pistons have other assets they can ship to Denver to get this done. Daye? Stuckey?

From the looks of it, they were working out some compensation for the Pistons having to take Petro as well. We didn't want to do it, so they throw in a pick & we say alright.

The cold feet thing is summed up pretty good by Del. No point in making the deal right now that would improve the team whose picks they are receiving. All that would do is decrease the value of the picks they received if they are indeed the Nets first round picks.

Edited by EatEmUpTigers711

Bucher aka Einstein.

At least Bucher is saying there is a good chance of it happening.

The only missing link for NJ as "Pistons 2.0" would be Ben Wallace. Come to think of it, we might as well ship Big Ben to them as well. He deserves to play for a title.

Then they can sign sheed out of retirement :cheeky:

Mash up of the morning info.

@Chris_Broussard

Chauncey's hesitation to go to NJ not a factor. Billups will get full $14 mill next season from NJ. That was his main concern.

@Chris_Broussard

Billups won't hold up deal, but sources just told me he will either want a buyout after season or a long-term commitment (extension) from NJ

@Chris_Broussard

NJ will give Detroit a draft pick for taking Petro, not determined whether 1st or 2nd rounder yet.

@Chris_Broussard

Holdup to NJ-Den-Det trade is that Den wants NJ to take Al Harrington. NJ doesn't want to b/c Al has 4 yrs, $28 mill left on deal.

@Chris_Broussard

NJ could try to recruit s 4th team to take Harrington, but their hope is that Den eliminates Harrington request.

I don't see it happening. Didn't Anthony want to play on the Knicks? It seems like Denver just wants to keep pushing the envelope.

I don't see it happening. Didn't Anthony want to play on the Knicks? It seems like Denver just wants to keep pushing the envelope.

Doesn't seem like the Nuggets are interested in dealing with the Knicks for whatever reason.

Doesn't seem like the Nuggets are interested in dealing with the Knicks for whatever reason.

Probably because the Knicks hold all the leverage. Anthony wants to play there so bad, why give up anything when you can get him in the offseason? It's not like the Knicks are legitimate contenders this year anyways.

The Knicks really dont have much leverage in this.

They lack the cap space to get him in the offseason. It's not impossible to get it, but it would take a little work and no guarantee it ever happens. If he does become a free agent, I would still list the Knicks as heavy favorites. But not the slam dunk a lot think it is.

The other thing. Melo doesn't want to sign a free agent contract. He would much rather sign an extension. An extension is worth about $20 million more than a free agent contract.

@Chris_Broussard

If deal goes through, Pistons will get a 2nd round pick from NJ for taking Johan Petro

Bummer, but cant get greedy I guess. Dumping Rip is the important part.

@WojYahooNBA

Chauncey Billups isn't planning to attend Denver's light practice today, sources say. "Headache," one source says.