Deleterious

Nets try to involve Pistons in deal for Anthony

Or maybe it's just rip and melo's agent trying to get rip out of detroit. I'd laugh if the trade goes through and melo still doesnt sign up with the nets :P

I really wish Dumars could figure out a way to get Ty Lawson if Devin Harris is going to Denver.

Also, I don't see the big harm in taking on Petro.

Massive agreement on both points. I love Lawson

Trade of the year, if they can unload Hamilton for a big expiring and a 1st round pick, nice.

Trade of the year, if they can unload Hamilton for a big expiring and a 1st round pick, nice.

My head would explode and my current opinion of Dumars would be elevated from utter disgust to wary pessimism regarding the new pick and cap space.

@WojYahooNBA

Sources: Proposed deal is 'melo, billups, hamilton, carter to NJ for harris, favors, uzoh, graham and picks. Murphy and Petro to DET.

@WojYahooNBA

Detroit wants to take Petro with Murphy, but only sweetened with a first-round pick, source says.

Just for what it's worth, I have absolutely hated Troy Murphy for a long time. I just don't care for his game, but not only that, he has to be one of the goofiest looking professional athletes ever. For me to be jumping for joy over a Rip for Murphy trade just goes to show how desperate the Pistons have gotten.

I'm really skeptical about just clearing cap space, for obvious Villanueva-flavored reasons. I really wish they could get a player out of this trade that they could use moving forward.

Just for what it's worth, I have absolutely hated Troy Murphy for a long time. I just don't care for his game, but not only that, he has to be one of the goofiest looking professional athletes ever. For me to be jumping for joy over a Rip for Murphy trade just goes to show how desperate the Pistons have gotten.

I'm really skeptical about just clearing cap space, for obvious Villanueva-flavored reasons. I really wish they could get a player out of this trade that they could use moving forward.

I imagine the Pistons will try like hell to move him before the deadline, assuming this trade happens anytime soon.

A PF - even a blah one like Murphy - is always in demand.

@WojYahooNBA

One front office executive says Melo is "on board" with signing w/ NJ if Nets get Detroit part done. "He wants to play with Rip" source says

mmmm the sweet smell of leverage.

Hopefully we get it done, get the space then get Gores. i have full faith in Joe D if he has full resources to spend at his disposal. I have no problem with the Gordon or CV contracts, though I didn't like extending Rip. Our biggest problems are our lack or an owner and the fact that our old roster and new roster crossed over for too long. With Prince and Rip gone we can move forward. I like how Joe D has drafted lately. IMO, he hasn't missed big on a pick in a while, though it's early with some. Guys like Stuckey,Afflalo,Jerebko,Daye,Delfino,Amir,Okur and even Darko are all quality contributors on their respective teams. Whether Monroe and Daye become all stars or rotational types will be key for this team. Hopefully we can use our space to add a defensive big and/or playmaking PG. Though I like Stuckey, he hasn't become a true PG and we have to recognize that. He is still a valuable player in this league though who can score, rebound, defend and make plays(plus for a SG, just not enough as a starting PG).

Edited by Nastradamus

If someone asked me who Carmello would really want to play with in NJ, Richard Hamilton would not come to my mind. But I guess you have to look at players who are available in trades.

If someone asked me who Carmello would really want to play with in NJ, Richard Hamilton would not come to my mind. But I guess you have to look at players who are available in trades.

I think it's because of Billups. Billups is much more likely to happily go to NJ if Rip is there also.

I think it's because of Billups. Billups is much more likely to happily go to NJ if Rip is there also.

The fact that I didn't even think of that gives everyone here a pretty good indication of whether or not they should ignore my posts...

Probably doesn't hurt. Like I said before, the Nets were a team Carmelo was considering before, and having Rip, Chauncey & Lopez around him certainly is a start. More importantly, like Del posted earlier, it puts the Nets in a position to make a run at CP3 after next year. Throw in whatever they can do with their current stockpile of 1st rounders, and they might be back down the road to contending again.

Billups has said he will ask for a buyout if traded.

If traded, Chauncey Billups would want a buyout - CBSSports.com

Didn't know if he's still sticking to it, but apparently he is. Well in that case it definitely benefits the Nuggets, but I don't know how the Nets would take it. Maybe they could plug someone in at PG for a year while they await the shot to go after CP3.

I think Billups will soften on that. He doesn't seem like that kind of guy. I think staying with Melo and playing with Rip again will be enough for him.

@Chris_Broussard

Kind of pathetic that this is the most interesting the Pistons have been in 3 years.

If this falls thru, I am going to hunt Dumars down and punch him in the face.:wink:

And if it works out, I will hunt Anthony's agent down and shake his hand.

Edited by Hart

I know. This is almost insane. Part of me feels it would be an injustice for Dumars to be let off the hook so easy.

On a different note, I really hope New Jersey wins the title if they reunite Chauncey and Rip.