Deleterious

Nets try to involve Pistons in deal for Anthony

Its nearly double his rate. Like DrWho said a few days ago, numbers of assists mean nothing because of pace.

I know you are the biggest Stuckey slappy on this board, but come on man. This is bad even for you.

"It's nearly double the rate" of Ty Lawson too and I would take Lawson 100 times out of 100 over Harris. There is more to it than asst %. Bottom line on Harris is he was the starting PG on a near historically bad team last year. A PG who with his skills (though this years asst % is probably a fluke) should be able to get 40 wins in the East. There is a disconnect somewhere with Harris other than just coaching or supporting cast.

With contracts considered I would choose Stuckey. Neither of them intrigue me personally at all.

If both Harris and Stuckey were in FA, Harris would not get a deal 3x Stuckey. Agree? Then I'm right on my previous claim and you are wrong.

But you are making a really stupid comparison. Stuckey doesn't have a contract for 3 years like Harris. Stuckey at worst will make about half of what Harris will make next year. If he gets MLE type money, you are looking at less than half of what Harris will make. So again, bad bad comparison.

You have to project what Stuckey will make in the next 2 years. If its still $3 million a year, maybe you have a point. If its MLE type money or above, no argument at all.

"It's nearly double the rate" of Ty Lawson too and I would take Lawson 100 times out of 100 over Harris. There is more to it than asst %. Bottom line on Harris is he was the starting PG on a near historically bad team last year. A PG who with his skills (though this years asst % is probably a fluke) should be able to get 40 wins in the East. There is a disconnect somewhere with Harris other than just coaching or supporting cast.

With contracts considered I would choose Stuckey. Neither of them intrigue me personally at all.

Are you saying Travis Outlaw didn't help him? :wink:

I don't have RealGM account. But if someone has one, go post that trade over there and see what people think. They will probably ban you for trolling.

But you are making a really stupid comparison. Stuckey doesn't have a contract for 3 years like Harris. .

this is the whole point, you could have stopped here

I don't have RealGM account. But if someone has one, go post that trade over there and see what people think. They will probably ban you for trolling.

I just don't believe you if you tell me right now, as GM of the Pistons, a rebuilding team, you pull the trigger on a STuckey and Monroe for Harris and Favors trade. We'll simplify it all the way down to there. We won't even get into taking on Okur's bad contract.

this is the whole point, you could have stopped here

So you are trading Deron Williams for cap space. ****ing brilliant.

I just don't believe you if you tell me right now, as GM of the Pistons, a rebuilding team, you pull the trigger on a STuckey and Monroe for Harris and Favors trade. We'll simplify it all the way down to there. We won't even get into taking on Okur's bad contract.

In a heartbeat. Then I wouldn't have to watch Stuckey totally lose his man and allow a game winning dunk. Then 2 seconds later watching him dribble into 3 guys, lose the ball out of bounds and not even get off a shot attempt to win the game.

And stop with Okurs contract. It saves the Jazz a grand total of $890K since you are making them take Maxiell.

I have no problem if you dont want to trade Monroe straight up for Favors. That is fine. But the Stuckey and Harris stuff just isn't right.

One game, small sample, etc. But look at what I said about Stuckey Vs Harris in this years first game:

http://www.motownsports.com/forums/piston-game-threads/86131-game-1-pistons-vs-nets-10-27-10-a-3.html#post2333701

This team desperately needs someone to take the ball at the end of games. Compare the 2 PG's in the last 3 minutes of the game.

At 3:08 Anthony Morrow pulled down a defensive rebound and the Pistons were up 92-84.

In the last 3:08 Stuckey took and missed 1 shot. He had 0 assists. In that span the Pistons scored 6 points and obviously gave up the lead.

In the last 3:08 Devin Harris took 2 shots and made both. He took 5 free throws and made all 5. He also had 2 assists. All that just in the last 3 minutes.

So in the most pivotal part of the game, our PG had 0 points and 0 assists. Their PG had 9 points and assisted on 2 three point shots. So he was basically responsible for 15 points in the last 3 minutes. Hell, Harris scored more points in the last 3 minutes than the entire Piston team.

Feel free to respond and make your last point. But I most likely wont reply since we wont change each others mind.

Devin HArris is the better player. Nobody is arguing that. However, he is not part of any sort of rebuilding effort in any way shape or form. That's the larger point. Stuckey is younger,cheaper and off the books sooner. There is a difference in the quality of the 2 players, but not enough to cover the gap in money/years and age. If this trade were going down with a team like Dallas receiving Harris, there would be no question Harris was the better option. He is not any better of a defender than Stuckey either, he's probably worse. Just thought I'd mention that.

Also, I said I'd take Maxiell out for Wilcox(expiring) and the 890K line is BS rhetoric. It's a salary capped league. There is a big difference between a 5 mil player and an 11 mil player

Edited by Nastradamus