wilburj

Chris Capuano

You guys are jumping the gun on DD. I doubt he doesn't sign any SP. This is going to be a Jan/Feb signing though, always was going to be. He's going to let the scrap heap sort itself out. Some guys want to go to certain places, leagues, weather etc. Some are out of price range, some he won't believe in

This. I'll be plenty disappointed if ST starts without a few more arms competing for the last spot, but there's time left for that.

If you really expected Maggs brought back plus a big money SP, plus a big money hitter, plus a big money bullpen guy, I don't know what to tell you.

How does that list matter when not compared to payroll that's off the books from last year? If I'm not mistaken, the current 2011 payroll is well under 2010. It's never been a guarantee that the Tigers would re-spend it dollar for dollar, but it's not unreasonable at all to expect that they'd have spent more - maybe a lot more - than they have so far this winter.

All this talk about Maggs is annoying.

Did anyone really expect that DD would let him walk?

I never once considered Magglio an upgrade in this offseason equation...resigning Maggs was a move I completly expected, and if not, he would and should have been replaced..so yeah, some peeps here are just delusional if yer thinkin Maggs was an upgrade.

Aside from resigning him, I expected DD to get another lefty slugging OF for LF...sorry, but I have no faith in Raburn...this Raburn love is an annual debate it seems...sure he tears it up in the 2nd half every year, but can barely keep his bat from a release, trade or demotion in the first half...so again, sorry if I can't believe in him enough to give him the starting LF job.

Same with that 3 or 4 SP we need...i think the BP is almost fine...but we need someone to save us from another year of Suck from Gaga, and at least a back up plan for all of the uncertainty of Phil Coke as a starter...

so again, I'm not buying it if anyone suggests we should have expected this...thats BS...hopefully DD gets on the horn and finishes what he started soon.....

All this talk about Maggs is annoying.

Did anyone really expect that DD would let him walk?

I never once considered Magglio an upgrade in this offseason equation...resigning Maggs was a move I completly expected, and if not, he would and should have been replaced..so yeah, some peeps here are just delusional if yer thinkin Maggs was an upgrade.

Aside from resigning him, I expected DD to get another lefty slugging OF for LF...sorry, but I have no faith in Raburn...this Raburn love is an annual debate it seems...sure he tears it up in the 2nd half every year, but can barely keep his bat from a release, trade or demotion in the first half...so again, sorry if I can't believe in him enough to give him the starting LF job.

Same with that 3 or 4 SP we need...i think the BP is almost fine...but we need someone to save us from another year of Suck from Gaga, and at least a back up plan for all of the uncertainty of Phil Coke as a starter...

so again, I'm not buying it if anyone suggests we should have expected this...thats BS...hopefully DD gets on the horn and finishes what he started soon.....

Its not that Maggs was an upgrade...if he left it would be a big hole to be replaced. V-Mart is the upgrade.

I think Raburn will be fine. When he plays regularly, and more than a week at a time, the game logs and monthly splits suggest that he tends to hit well.

Capuano and Webb gone...for very little $$. Very disappointing. Francis would still be a likely upgrade over Coke or GaGa.

Capuano for $1.5M, I'm assuming this means that Detroit didn't bid. I don't understand that.

Capuano and Webb gone...for very little $$. Very disappointing. Francis would still be a likely upgrade over Coke or GaGa.

Capuano for $1.5M, I'm assuming this means that Detroit didn't bid. I don't understand that.

I'm not surprised by it, really. They're all 87 mph guys. That's not really the mold in Detroit.

The latest rotoworld updates show the Yankees interested in Bonderman and the Mets having continued interest in Chris Young.

The latest rotoworld updates show the Yankees interested in Bonderman and the Mets having continued interest in Chris Young.

Bondo in NYC would be the ultimate fish out of water wouldn't it?:paranoid:

I doubt Bonderman is interested in the Yankees unless that's his only offer.

The Yankees have got to be interested in just about any starter who has ever had any success at all. Their rotation looks like Detroit's except without Max Scherzer.

Its not that Maggs was an upgrade...if he left it would be a big hole to be replaced. V-Mart is the upgrade.

A full season of maggs would be an upgrade over what we got last year.

Not counting Pavano, what I see left on the FA table includes Francis, Penny, Chris Young, Sheets, Garcia, Duchscherer, Maine, Millwood, Bonderman, Rodrigo Lopez, Bartolo Colon.

To me, Francis is head and shoulders the most appealing of them. A Webb-type contract ($3M + incentives), ideally with a team option year, would seem to be pretty fair for both sides.