Sign in to follow this  
EatEmUpTigers711

49ers Fire Singletary

I like Singletary, but I'm just not sure that I think he's head coach material. I wonder if he will get another shot down the road.

Dunno what to think about the move. Don't really think Singletary was 100% at fault for how things have panned out, but I guess he's the fall guy.

San Francisco 49ers sack Mike Singletary as coach after elimination - ESPN

The offense was putrid under his time there. He handled the quarterbacks badly. And I'm sure the players loved his method of calling out, ridiculing, and embarrassing individual players on the sidelines of games. Great way to earn their respect.

I have a lot of 49ers friends back in California, and they were all dancing in the streets when they heard he was finally fired. I think they had gotten tired of him last season.

The only bad thing about this is that there will be no more appearances on Letterman.

BGfueEHj1Ks

Singletary was for surely not a good coach, he should have received the boot weeks ago.

Is he 100% to blame for the 49ers being a terrible team?

No.

The niners have too many holes in their team to even be considered average. No run game established, The defense is non-existent, Poor ownership and coaching staff, and last but not least get rid of Alex Smith.

The offense was putrid under his time there. He handled the quarterbacks badly. And I'm sure the players loved his method of calling out, ridiculing, and embarrassing individual players on the sidelines of games. Great way to earn their respect.

I have a lot of 49ers friends back in California, and they were all dancing in the streets when they heard he was finally fired. I think they had gotten tired of him last season.

The only bad thing about this is that there will be no more appearances on Letterman.

BGfueEHj1Ks

First off, can't argue that the video from Letterman isn't funny.

I wouldn't have expected the offense to be great, especially with Singletary as the coach. On top of that, they've got Alex Smith who has for the most part has been a disappointment, and Troy Smith who has been nothing better than inconsistent. The argument on the sideline caught on camera between Singletary & Smith just seemed to be the last straw in a situation where they were borderline parting ways anyways.

I'm sure 49er fans are happy, but like some have said, it might just be he's not cut out for the Head Coaching gig.

Norv Turner....you next !

Not correct. The GM already said he would be back.

These will be open this year:

Carolina

Cincinnati

Tennessee

Miami

Cleveland

Denver

I think Minny and Dallas will keep the interims.