Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Mac

Redskins bench McNabb for..Grossman?

A month after giving him a 5 year 78 million extension no less

Washington Redskins to bench Donovan McNabb for Rex Grossman vs. Dallas Cowboys, reports say - ESPN

I know McNabb has struggled a little this year, but he was 22-35 228 yards 2 td 0 int last week, why are you picking now to bench him? You have tied up a ton of money in him, and its not like Rex Grossman is a young QB who you want to give a chance to prove himself. Grossman has proven time and again that he is not good. I dont get this move at all.

the Redskins gave a McNabb a five-year contract extension nominally worth $78 million -- but the only thing it guaranteed was that McNabb would receive an extra $3.5 million this season. The deal contains a clause that allows the Redskins to cut McNabb before next season with no further financial obligation.

This seems pretty likely now, ay? So where does McNabb go next year?

I have lost all respect for Shannahan. The way he has handled everything in Washington this year has been hard to watch, just some really bad decisions.

This seems pretty likely now, ay? So where does McNabb go next year?

There is acouple of teams I think may be interested, Arizona maybe one because McNabb does have a home in Arizona where he trains in the offseason and I think the Vikings may be a perfect match for him as well, the Vikings have all the weapons he would need and the Viking need a QB to bring it all together.

I just can't believe McNabb would sign a contract extension that would allow a team to cut him at the end of the year.

There is acouple of teams I think may be interested, Arizona maybe one because McNabb does have a home in Arizona where he trains in the offseason and I think the Vikings may be a perfect match for him as well, the Vikings have all the weapons he would need and the Viking need a QB to bring it all together.

I just can't believe McNabb would sign a contract extension that would allow a team to cut him at the end of the year.

Why not? He knew he wasn't going to play there after this year so why not get another 3 million? I'm just perplexed Washington would just give him 3 million knowing they have no plans for him.

Just more proof that the Landover Redskins are probably the worst franchise in football. As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, they will never win anything.

I'm glad for Rex. I'll always appreciate him helping us get to the Superbowl. I'll be rooting for him this weekend.

rex_grossman_bears_top.jpg

I don't thank rex grossman for losing us the superbowl.

Our stellar defense, Devin Hester, and T. Jones took us there. Rex just turned the ball over left and right.