JonBenke

2010 Gator Bowl: #21 Mississippi State @ Michigan

Forgot Iowa was at home, I'm an idiot. I guess what I'm saying is there isn't a bad loss on our record, IMHO. The big 10 was rough this year and we just weren't ready for it on either side of the ball.

Mississippi State beat 3 bowl Eligible teams this year.

Georgia(6-6)

Florida(7-5)

Kentucky(6-6)

Michigan beat 3 Bowl eligible teams as well

UConn(8-4) Big East Champs(fwiw)

Notre Dame(7-5)

Illinois(6-6)

Pretty good article on mgoblog about Mississippi State with a lot of videos from the Georgia game.

http://mgoblog.com/content/scouting-mississippi-state-vs-georgia

One quote from Brian at the top that I thought was pretty funny:

Side note: usefulness of this may be depressed since Dan Mullen's probably gone from Mississippi State in the next few days, but whateva.

Jackson was right, though. I tried too hard on the bulldog.

it wasn't as obviously funny because it almost looked like I tried, and that's my fault.

Don't worry. Everyone else knew it was awesome. Benke just has sour grapes.

Don't start down this path...Next thing you know your game thread will have a bunch of red x's on it...

Don't start down this path...Next thing you know your game thread will have a bunch of red x's on it...

I will try to remember that.

Jackson was right, though. I tried too hard on the bulldog.

it wasn't as obviously funny because it almost looked like I tried, and that's my fault.

The skill is supposed to look like a kid did it, though still hold the detail.

Thing is, if you do too much detail, like you said, you lose that element. I can respect simplistic art.

The skill is supposed to look like a kid did it, though still hold the detail.

Thing is, if you do too much detail, like you said, you lose that element. I can respect simplistic art.

I think you're too easily offended. Your graphics are sick. That is undeniable! You have a true gift.

So there's no reason to get all wound up. I like to see it as you're Rembrandt, and I'm Picasso.

rembrandt-self-portrait-1660.jpg

Picasso_B_1063.jpg

I'd put that last statement in blue, to make sure you got the sarcasm, but I'm so over that.

Edited by thefunk

I think you're too easily offended.

I'm not offended nor upset, sorry if that's how you took it. I was just giving an opinion. Sorry.

Hey, everyone likes it .. so I can admit that I am in the minority in my opinion. Figures.

I know of someone who is going to find this To be quite valuable information: ;)

UM ends bowl ticket sales at 7,000. Returns 5,500 of allotted 12,500.

Michigan doesn't expect to sell many more Gator Bowl tickets | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

Not a surprise if they only sold 11k for a much more interesting match up in a higher prestige bowl

Surprise! A team making the best bowl they probably have been in since the BCS era sold more tickets than a historical power playing in a lesser bowl game!!!! Who would have thought