JonBenke

2010 Gator Bowl: #21 Mississippi State @ Michigan

Likely because the one guy's who opinion matters the most to David Brandon hasn't made up his mind yet. That's right -- I'm looking at you Buddha!

shhhh!

I don't think waiting makes sense either way to be honest, if you're keeping him it's obviously stupid, if you're firing him I think it would make more sense to do it now, name someone who's likely to stick around (Fred Jackson?) as interim coach, and do damage control until Harbaugh (please god don't let it be Hoke) takes the reigns.

awww hell. I've been working on this all afternoon.

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://img121.imageshack.us/img121/1530/gatorbowl.jpg' alt='gatorbowl.jpg'> Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I don't think waiting makes sense either way to be honest, if you're keeping him it's obviously stupid, if you're firing him I think it would make more sense to do it now, name someone who's likely to stick around (Fred Jackson?) as interim coach, and do damage control until Harbaugh (please god don't let it be Hoke) takes the reigns.

What if Harbaugh wont give you an answer and says he wants to finish his teams season before he decides. Michigan could be sitting there thinking they want RR back UNLESS Harbaugh wants the job. Why fire the guy that is your #2 choice if you dont have to when the #1 guy wont give you an answer? Waiting lets you keep RR if Harbaugh says no and you still get Harbaugh if he wants to come.

also, you could run into a situation that Miami is in now. you fire your coach, your #1 choice decides to turn you down. Maybe your #2 guy doesnt want to switch either. You are stuck in sort of a limbo, looks bad to the public and recruits start decommiting/looking elsewhere because your team doesnt have a coach.

Edited by Johnny Mac

I'm pumped for this game, my first trip to the Gator Bowl !!

Should be a decent match-up, although MSU has a top 15 running game which makes me flashback to that Wisconsin game. Like was said, it will all come down to turnovers. If we can hang on to the ball, it should be an exciting close game. I don't see us stopping them too often though.

Going one way up or down, you ought to try the trip through the Ocala National Forest. Only about 45 min longer and a relaxing beautiful drive. If interested drop me a PM.

Is the general consensus that this is RRod's last stand? I mean, he may already be out, but there's virtually no chance he remains if he drops this one, correct?

Bottom line, imo he's got to have it.

I don't know. That's a good question. If Brandon really doesn't have his mind made up yet, then he probably needs this win a in a big way. It's hard to tell what DB is thinking right now though.

I would also point out it makes it harder to fire a guy who went 8-5. If that's the case he is showing decent progress every year. RR could really use this one if DB is still on the ropes.

EDIT: Okay, so three people like it ... and I'm wrong? Okay.

I am sure more will say it just to try and make a point. Doesn't mean it's any good, which it's not.

Edited by JonBenke

You are wrong, benke. Funk's picture is awesome.

I'm definitely not wrong. It's called an opinion.

In my opinion, if it looks like my 3 year old nephew did it ... it's not any good, unless my nephew actually did it.

EDIT: great, now we'll have at least two pages of stuff on this... Super.

1 Vote for

It's pretty bad.

4 votes for

Originally Posted by mrlmichael

I thought it was pretty sweet.

Originally Posted by belcherboy

I thought it was pretty cool!

Originally Posted by Johnny Mac

It is pretty sweet

Originally Posted by shelton

You are wrong, benke. Funk's picture is awesome.

And I recognized that, thanks. The whole MS Paint, looking like a 3 year old did it ... it's so four years ago.

Edited by JonBenke

I like the picture. I know how friggin' hard that stuff is.

What, no love for my graph, Benke? just joshin' ya...

I like the picture. I know how friggin' hard that stuff is.

What, no love for my graph, Benke? just joshin' ya...

MS Paint is not hard. But people like it, so ... hey, I guess I can admit defeat on that. It's not hard though.

I loved the graph, especially since ... :grin: ... I asked for one, so thanks!!

Alabama, LSU, Arkansas, and Auburn. If you have to lose 4 games, those are pretty good teams to do it against.

Same for 3 11-1 teams and 2 tough Big 10 road matchups, mostly without your best defensive player

Mississippi State is not very good, they are overrated based on the classic 'they lost to good teams' principle.

Unfortunately, as we all know Michigan isn't very good either.

Yah, after I looked at that sched, they lost to good teams, but beat nobody. We didn't either, I'm just sayin'... We at least beat a BCS team! haha. Florida and Georgia are not good teams.

Same for 3 11-1 teams and 2 tough Big 10 road matchups, mostly without your best defensive player

Only one of those two other games were on the road. If you break it down Michigan lost to:

2 11-1 teams at home

1 11-1 team on the road

1 Mediocre team on the road

1 Mediocre team expected to be better at home