Jump to content
smr-nj

Things that put a smile on your face.... (keep it clean!)

Recommended Posts

Out on a bike ride today.  Up in the distance, I could see someone walking.  As I got closer, I could tell this person was pacing back and forth rather than walking ahead.  Once I got to this person, I noticed she was attempting to walk a cocker spaniel.  However, the doggy was lying flat on it belly, head on the ground, all four limbs extended away from its body.  Clearly the 4 legged walker was in charge of when breaks were to be taken.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FanDuel Michigan Sports Betting

FanDuel Michigan $100 Launch Offer

Michigan online sports betting is launching shortly ( December 2020 or January 2021). Pre-register at FanDuel Sportsbook and get $50 free sports bets + $50 free online casino bets with no deposit necessary. Claim $100 at FanDuel Michigan Now

30 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Out on a bike ride today.  Up in the distance, I could see someone walking.  As I got closer, I could tell this person was pacing back and forth rather than walking ahead.  Once I got to this person, I noticed she was attempting to walk a cocker spaniel.  However, the doggy was lying flat on it belly, head on the ground, all four limbs extended away from its body.  Clearly the 4 legged walker was in charge of when breaks were to be taken.

I have a pug/beagle mix. She has two speeds on the walk, flat out run and let’s sniff every blade of grass. 
 

A few years ago we had a neighbor who had a French Bulldog, he’d take the dog out for a walk, get about halfway around the subdivision and the dog would just lay down in the middle of the street, he’d had enough. Several times I’d see the guy pull out his cell phone to call his wife to drive the quarter mile or so to get them.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Driving yesterday when I see a school bus dropping some kids off in a parking lot.  I was on a main road and the kids lived down a side street that is a dead end.  The bus doesn't want to navigate turning around so they drop them in the parking lot and the kids walk the rest of the way.

What made me laugh is the parking lot is for a marijuana dispensary.  So it looks like 10 little kids are headed into the weed shop after a rough day at elementary school.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Driving yesterday when I see a school bus dropping some kids off in a parking lot.  I was on a main road and the kids lived down a side street that is a dead end.  The bus doesn't want to navigate turning around so they drop them in the parking lot and the kids walk the rest of the way.

What made me laugh is the parking lot is for a marijuana dispensary.  So it looks like 10 little kids are headed into the weed shop after a rough day at elementary school.  

Yet another unintended consequence of wearing a mask all day?

I wonder which kids have the funnier stories.  These kids, or the kids that get dropped off in the "gentlemen's club" parking lot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2020 at 7:02 AM, John_Brian_K said:

I have never got the "save tp" thing when it came to bidets.  Maybe I am using mine wrong, but I have had one around 10 years and use MORE tp when I use it.

It was never meant to replace tp IMO.  It was more about getting cleaner.  You need both.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/481994755/8x8-hemp-washcloth-organic-cotton-fleece

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A20ABBFC-2107-49ED-85FB-77CDF5932317.thumb.jpeg.897c07ab7f5cb68e1b4be52d5c693df9.jpeg

A person came into the Albertson’s grocery store where my son works in Boise, Idaho yesterday saying they had been given this bill as change at a Walmart and that they wanted to break it at Albertsons. Front and back are as he described it to me. But first she wanted them to run it through a “verification machine” and if that failed to at least be given partial credit for the bill. Even after being told by one checker that this was obviously not real currency with or without a machine they went to several other checkers, all of whom relayed the same information until they finally went to the courtesy desk where they were studiously ignored until they left. Of course everyone knows that the reverse side of the bill should’ve been in green. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

A20ABBFC-2107-49ED-85FB-77CDF5932317.thumb.jpeg.897c07ab7f5cb68e1b4be52d5c693df9.jpeg

A person came into the Albertson’s grocery store where my son works in Boise, Idaho yesterday saying they had been given this bill as change at a Walmart and that they wanted to break it at Albertsons. Front and back are as he described it to me. But first she wanted them to run it through a “verification machine” and if that failed to at least be given partial credit for the bill. Even after being told by one checker that this was obviously not real currency with or without a machine they went to several other checkers, all of whom relayed the same information until they finally went to the courtesy desk where they were studiously ignored until they left. Of course everyone knows that the reverse side of the bill should’ve been in green. 

Since half the merchandise in a Walmart comes from China, maybe that bill should be fitting currency there.....🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Since half the merchandise in a Walmart comes from China, maybe that bill should be fitting currency there.....🤔

Kind of a shame, too.  I'm so old I remember when they touted "made in the U.S.A." in their advertising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife opens up her school year every year with caterpillars and a lesson on monarchs.  She been doing this for years.  We usually have a few to keep at home for our kids to watch.  She'll bring the classroom critters home over the weekends.  All of these different caterpillars and I cannot remember seeing one actively shedding its caterpillar skin to go into chrysalis.  Finally saw it happen this weekend, and luckily our kids got to watch it, too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve owned Harleys since I got back into riding. I sold my last one with the intention of not riding again for a few years. Then my wife mentioned I should get a bike again and @mr.melissag95 wouldn’t shut up about how much he loved his beemer. 
 

So I tried one and now it’s sitting in my garage. 

CBFF844A-DBD7-4C10-BD29-C2B2CCBED7EC.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Setting your "currently out of office message" on your work email.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2020 at 3:58 PM, Casimir said:

Setting your "currently out of office message" on your work email.

I still have not officially heard from my boss yet.  I can easily remote from home.  Did it for 3 months back in March with no issues, but I have no idea what is going on yet.  I got more done at home then I do in the office.  You would think it would be the opposite, but I worry about my kids while at work and do not have to worry about them when I can hear them running around the house.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2020 at 2:32 PM, CMRivdog said:

A few years ago we had a neighbor who had a French Bulldog, he’d take the dog out for a walk, get about halfway around the subdivision and the dog would just lay down in the middle of the street, he’d had enough. Several times I’d see the guy pull out his cell phone to call his wife to drive the quarter mile or so to get them.

There is a couple in my neighborhood with a regular bulldog.  If you're outside when he comes by he'll just lay down on the side walk until you come out and give him some love.  While the couple is nice, they mentioned they were making sure to take walks around lunch time during the summer as that has the least amount of people out and they are tired of 90 minute 1 mile walks.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ewsieg said:

There is a couple in my neighborhood with a regular bulldog.  If you're outside when he comes by he'll just lay down on the side walk until you come out and give him some love.  While the couple is nice, they mentioned they were making sure to take walks around lunch time during the summer as that has the least amount of people out and they are tired of 90 minute 1 mile walks.

Working from home more often and I've put a height adjustable desk next to one of the front windows.  So, I can see out of the corner of my eye when someone walks by.  And you tend to notice some of the same people walking around with their dogs at the same sort of time.

One owner has two dogs, and walks them separately.  Both labs, a light one and a dark one.  I call them Vanilla and Chocolate.

Another owner walks his two dogs at the same time, and one is continuously wagging his tail.  Maybe that's just the kinetic energy of his limbs moving around, I don't know.  But it makes it look like the dog is just so happy to be out on its walk.

Aside from the dogs, I've gotten to see some nice sunrises.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2020 at 10:54 AM, John_Brian_K said:

I still have not officially heard from my boss yet.  I can easily remote from home.  Did it for 3 months back in March with no issues, but I have no idea what is going on yet.  I got more done at home then I do in the office.  You would think it would be the opposite, but I worry about my kids while at work and do not have to worry about them when I can hear them running around the house.

The best thing about working at home is I don't waste time commuting to and from work.  That saves me about an hour and a half.  I also don't have to shave every day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tigertown Rats said:

Cas watching his neighbors...

Creepy Stalker GIFs | Tenor

I once had an office in Boston which had a window that was just a few feet from an apartment window where college students were living.  The conference room was right next to a dorm room window.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2020 at 8:03 PM, tiger337 said:

The best thing about working at home is I don't waste time commuting to and from work.  That saves me about an hour and a half.  I also don't have to shave every day!

Throw in the ability to mulitask a bit.  Throw laundry in, or empty the dishwasher during a lull in the work action.  Tough to do that from a 45 minute drive away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Michigan Sports Betting Offer

FanDuel Sportsbook Michigan - Sports Betting is launching in Michigan shortly (December 2020 or January 2021). If you register before it launches you will recieve $50 dollars at their online sportsbook and online casino!

Click Here to claim the FanDuel Michigan for $50 at Online Sportsbook & Casino Pre-registration Bonus Now

Motown Sports Blog



×
×
  • Create New...