smr-nj

Things that put a smile on your face.... (keep it clean!)

56 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

My oldest son submitted his college applications.

When I joined the message board he was 5.

Bill Clinton was president when I joined this messageboard.

2 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

who dat?

Played sax for Funkadelic. 

On 7/6/2003 at 9:41 AM, Yoda said:

"So what if he hits 30-100 for someone else."

Did you really just say that?? How many 30-100 guys have we had in the last... 10 years?

This was my first post. I guess I didn't want them to trade Carlos Pena. I also didn't know how to use the quote feature. 

A lot of people are familiar with Les Paul as being a great guitar. Many people don't know that he was an actual musician who is a great guitarist/inventor and a very funny man.

Here he interacts with Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top and it's a fun video.

On 11/7/2019 at 8:30 AM, Biff Mayhem said:

A lot of people are familiar with Les Paul as being a great guitar. Many people don't know that he was an actual musician who is a great guitarist/inventor and a very funny man.

Here he interacts with Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top and it's a fun video.

There was a husband and wife team who did overnights on WGN in Chicago who would have him on regularly. Some interesting conversations, great guy

2 hours ago, CMRivdog said:

There was a husband and wife team who did overnights on WGN in Chicago who would have him on regularly. Some interesting conversations, great guy

Many years ago, I notarized his signature on some documents.   Such a small encounter, but very exciting to me.

15 hours ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Kids today are playing Super Smash Bros and have no interest in grandpas games!

Which is why he won't get the console! :grin: 

• Like 1

Oh gosh.  My daughter-in-law just put up a video on FB of my youngest daughter (an advanced sommelier and restaurant wine director) giving her older brother instructions on how to saber a bottle of champagne.  My son was skeptical (and being a smart Alec because ... he is a smart Alec) but then his stunned reaction when it worked perfectly was comedy gold.  I'll be laughing about that all evening.  

Kind of a cool trick.  I've seen daughter do it with a plain table knife, but it looks super cool using a saber.  

My daughter and I were in line for tickets for a MAC women's basketball game.  I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn and a woman offers me her company tickets to us.  She explains they re extras, she has other seats for that game, and she wanted to pass these two tickets to us because she thought it was cool to see a father & daughter going to this game.  I didn't much think about that aspect of it, but we graciously accepted and enjoyed a tightly contested rivalry game that went into overtime from only 7 rows behind the bench.  Not a bad day out for just heading out there on a whim.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Casimir said:

My daughter and I were in line for tickets for a MAC women's basketball game.  I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn and a woman offers me her company tickets to us.  She explains they re extras, she has other seats for that game, and she wanted to pass these two tickets to us because she thought it was cool to see a father & daughter going to this game.  I didn't much think about that aspect of it, but we graciously accepted and enjoyed a tightly contested rivalry game that went into overtime from only 7 rows behind the bench.  Not a bad day out for just heading out there on a whim.

So which piece was it that put a smile on your face? The free tickets, the overtime game, or your daughter making you look cool?

4 hours ago, Tigertown Rats said:

So which piece was it that put a smile on your face? The free tickets, the overtime game, or your daughter making you look cool?

Yes.

Actually the happiest person in all of this was the wife because the other kid was gone a little bit, too.  Mrs Casimir had the house to herself for a couple of hours.