smr-nj

Things that put a smile on your face.... (keep it clean!)

When you yank the pull start cable out of the snowblower but it still starts up and runs fine.....  Yeah, just enjoy the luck for that day's chore.

A crock pot of chili on a cold winter day. 

Well, OK, the winter day sucks.  But the chili?  Huzzah!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Casimir said:

A crock pot of chili on a cold winter day. 

Well, OK, the winter day sucks.  But the chili?  Huzzah!

Gonna use the instant pot later today and make chili in 4 minutes. 

A coworker despises the fact that I put Fritos and cheese in Hormel chili. So I did it this weekend and sent him a picture.  

I despise that you eat hormel chili. I applaud you for trying to make it taste better. 

• Haha 1

Chili out of a can?  I used to think we belonged to a civilized society....

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Casimir said:

When you yank the pull start cable out of the snowblower but it still starts up and runs fine.....  Yeah, just enjoy the luck for that day's chore.

Or when you are stupid lazy and never try to start the snowblower until there are 8 inches of snow coming, and it doesn't start despite putting fuel stabilizer in it at the end of last season.  Then, when you have given up all hope and have a new one in your online cart to go pickup in the middle of the snow storm, but decide to give it one last try despite the blisters forming on your fingers from all of the previous pull attempts... and it starts!! 

source.gif

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tigertown Rats said:

Or when you are stupid lazy and never try to start the snowblower until there are 8 inches of snow coming, and it doesn't start despite putting fuel stabilizer in it at the end of last season.  Then, when you have given up all hope and have a new one in your online cart to go pickup in the middle of the snow storm, but decide to give it one last try despite the blisters forming on your fingers from all of the previous pull attempts... and it starts!! 

source.gif

Be honest.  The wife didn't authorize the purchase and reminded you about the snow shovels that are in good working condition.  Then, like any good husband would do, you went out to the garage, walking right past the shovels, and gave the snow blower another try.

2 hours ago, Casimir said:

Be honest.  The wife didn't authorize the purchase and reminded you about the snow shovels that are in good working condition.  Then, like any good husband would do, you went out to the garage, walking right past the shovels, and gave the snow blower another try.

Decisions about snow removal tools are made exclusively by those responsible for snow removal.

On 1/21/2019 at 12:50 AM, Yoda said:

I despise that you eat hormel chili. I applaud you for trying to make it taste better. 

yeah.... I've tried to make it taste better because I like the convenience but I just couldn't do it.  I"d had hot sauce, other things... and no go.....

On 1/22/2019 at 8:04 AM, Oblong said:

yeah.... I've tried to make it taste better because I like the convenience but I just couldn't do it.  I"d had hot sauce, other things... and no go.....

Of the canned chili, we like Wolf Brand best.  But we only use it for stuff like chili dogs.

If you see Wick Fowler’s Two Alarm kits, pick one up.  It cooks up pretty fast if you are using ground beef.  Leave out the cayenne packet.  It is fairly spicy without it.   I like to add a can of diced tomatoes toward the end which isn’t authentic but we like it.

Our microwave decided to retire last week (wish I could).  The weather sucked so bad we didn't go get one.  Amazing how much you come to depend on that particular gadget.  We now have a new one.

It took longer to figure out how to set the clock than make the first nuked dinner.

But all is good now - puts a smile on my face. 🙂

• Like 1

Coached a girl two years ago on the 3rd/4th basketball team.  She was a very quiet kid.  Really nice kid.  Sports didn’t seem to be her thing, she could barely get the ball over the rim to start, but gradually built up a bit of strength during the season.  She never scored.  I could tell other teams were leaving her alone for the most part and tried to get my kid to suck the defense into her while getting the other girl open for a close shot.  It worked, but my kid didn’t pass it off.

Now two years later.  Starts the year off more talkative.  Tries to direct traffic a bit with her teammates when we do 3 on 3s.  Scored in her first game.  Today in the third game of the season, she’s all over the court.  Tough one on one defense.  Scrapping for contested/loose basketballs.  Forcing errors and turnovers on the other team.  Still offensively challenged and athletically awkward, but definitely improving and it’s so fun to see a kid like this turn a corner.

• Like 5

On 2/2/2019 at 4:29 PM, Casimir said:

Still offensively challenged and athletically awkward

To be fair, they say players take on the traits of their coach.

1 hour ago, Tigertown Rats said:

To be fair, they say players take on the traits of their coach.

Man, we struggle with practice and pregame layups.  Its not good.

38 minutes ago, pfife said:

That's amazing. 

Wait. He's 33... and still lives at home? And they still pay for his lessons? 

• Thanks 1

I am smiling about an excellent customer service experience and really kind people.  We had ordered a part from a bike shop in Wisconsin but when it came in, it wasn’t the part we needed.  Entirely our mistake.  So when I talked to the shop by phone to try to find out exactly what we should have ordered they went out of their way to look to see if they had the part just laying around and offered to send it for free.  Alas, no and we needed to buy the entire assembly which we were expecting to do in the first place.  He walked it over to shipping and transferred me to the clerk so that I could get a return authorization on the wrong part and give them our shipping info and payment.   That nice lady also looked around the warehouse before taking my credit card number.  No luck there either, but it was so kind of them to offer.  Then she sent the new assembly out without charging shipping.

Is everyone in Wisconsin that nice?  Cute accents too.

• Like 1