smr-nj

Things that put a smile on your face.... (keep it clean!)

3 hours ago, Walt said:

It's more of a space/less stuff for the kids to get into issue.

Get them some shovels.  Aren't they about the age for chores yet?

Get them some shovels.  Aren't they about the age for chores yet?

Not yet, that would be more work at this point. And less toys.

5 hours ago, Walt said:

Not yet, that would be more work at this point. And less toys.

Truth!  But don't count on that getting better.

I'm smiling to have reentered the 19th century: running water and working drains in my laundry and kitchen.  It has been a miserable couple of weeks.  Next chore is to try to find tile and a workman to repair the floors.  We still hope we can repair instead of replace it.    Couple of leads on tile and I have ordered samples.   Which brings me to a peeve: why are samples so expensive?   Not a budget buster, but a single 4x8 quarry tile is about $8 when we can get a 10 sq ft case for $30. 

On 9/15/2016 at 11:13 AM, Walt said:

Nope, I am not.  I would probably either go battery powered or Walt powered shovel, TBH.

I'm such a big fan of battery powered devices like this. I had a battery powered mower as well and absolutely loved it. No gas, no oil, no spark plugs, no fumes, much less noise, light weight. 

My battery-powered weed-eater may not be especially powerful, but not having to mix oil/gas is so worth it.  Battery-powered hedge trimmer is nice as well.

I'm such a big fan of battery powered devices like this. I had a battery powered mower as well and absolutely loved it. No gas, no oil, no spark plugs, no fumes, much less noise, light weight. 

Yep, all of that. Especially if you spend the money for a good one. I love the Ego line. I have purposely tried to bog down my mower, and I can't do it.

6 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

My battery-powered weed-eater may not be especially powerful, but not having to mix oil/gas is so worth it.  Battery-powered hedge trimmer is nice as well.

Try your local hardware store. There are several premixed synthetic fuels. These were recommended to me the last time I had my snowblower repaired, as well as weed trimmer. The reasoning is that, at least in Michigan, regular fuel has too much ethanol and gums up the carburetor. It's a lot easier than trying to mix. Seems to get better "milage" as well, at least on the snowblower last year. 

52 minutes ago, CMRivdog said:

Try your local hardware store. There are several premixed synthetic fuels. These were recommended to me the last time I had my snowblower repaired, as well as weed trimmer. The reasoning is that, at least in Michigan, regular fuel has too much ethanol and gums up the carburetor. It's a lot easier than trying to mix. Seems to get better "milage" as well, at least on the snowblower last year. 

Good looking out.

I'm invested in the other hardware, though.

Peanut curry with beef and noodles at the local Thai Restaurant....just spicy enough to make my head sweat but not inflame my mouth.

--When my daughter tells me goodmorning

--When I board a plane headed to Las Vegas.

--Bellagio Buffet

--Seeing the lineup card for the first time that day when I go to a Spring Training game.

--The beginning of 2 Fast 2 Furious with "Like a Pimp" by David Banner jamming in the background.

--Justin Verlander's curveball when it is really biting.

--Watching Magic Johnson run the fast break.

--"The Handshake" at the beginning of the movie Predator.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

--When my daughter tells me goodmorning

--When I board a plane headed to Las Vegas.

--Bellagio Buffet

--Seeing the lineup card for the first time that day when I go to a Spring Training game.

--The beginning of 2 Fast 2 Furious with "Like a Pimp" by David Banner jamming in the background.

--Justin Verlander's curveball when it is really biting.

--Watching Magic Johnson run the fast break.

--"The Handshake" at the beginning of the movie Predator.

giphy.gif

I could not find one I do not agree with...the only exception to your list is that from 2 fast and 2 furious it is not the song that makes it for me, but the car.  Love me a skyline.

The Pistons vs Nuggets c 1983....highest scoring game ever, 3 OT (the game is free on youtube)....Isaiah jam tipped an intentional FT miss by Laimbeer at the end of regulation over Danny Schayes to send it to 1st OT...I love early/mid 80s NBA...it was really gritty and had the younger legends like Isaiah, Magic, Bird, Jordan, etc.

Also, when I think of competitive fire on the court, Isaiah is the ultimate yardstick for me...he was such an insane competitor and talent....he was electrifying.  

In terms of intensity, the combination of Isaiah, Billy (and Dennis) was unbelievable.

Classical mechanics exam this past week, class average was 46%, your boy, TP, set the curve with an 80%.  Makes the week a little easier. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

Classical mechanics exam this past week, class average was 46%, your boy, TP, set the curve with an 80%.  Makes the week a little easier. 

Well done my friend.

On 10/15/2016 at 7:07 PM, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I loved watching Dennis play.

But have you seen Emily play? 

Franken Caliendo is so good at impersonating ESPN personalities.  Truly hilarious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pfife said:

Franken Caliendo is so good at impersonating ESPN personalities.  Truly hilarious.

Stephen A. Smith was great

• Like 1

Saw "Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein" at a local renovated movie theater, prefaced with an organ player treating us to spooky music, as well as theme songs such as The aAddams Family, The Munsters, etc.  

Just a lot of fun.  Gotta love Lou Costello. 

• Like 1

Love Halloween.  Annual party tonight.  The Boss and I are going as usual, not defending our costume win cause we took last year off (won the two years before).  We will be Morticia and Gomez Addams along with Uncle Fester (dead and in a casket but with a light bulb that lights), some cut off roses, Wednesday's headless doll, and or course, Thing, in his box.  DJ, Karaoke, adult beverages, and a bunch of fun.  Trick or Treat is tomorrow here in Cornhole.

• Like 2