smr-nj

Things that put a smile on your face.... (keep it clean!)

My dad turns 93 on Monday. The family took him to Yogi Berra Stadium Friday night to see the NJ Jackals.   He had a fun night, as did we.

IMG_2726.JPG

• Like 4

I know that Comcast is the most hated company in the world but I have never had a problem with them. I've had a cable modem from them since 1998 (Back when they were @Home) at my home and have rarely had an outage.

At my shop I've had WOW for several years and have had so many problems, I have come to hate them. Just stuck with them because they were so much cheaper.

Today I got a great deal from Comcast for a 3 year contract.

Goodbye WOW. And go to ****!!!

NBC Sports Live app during the Olympics.  Watching some ping pong!

They have every event on there, and replay them, and you can chromecast it.

Since I decided to go back to school money has gotten a little tighter.  When I went back to school in Grand Rapids my job allowed me to work from home part-time, so 40 hours every pay period.  20 months later, it finally caught up to me.  I am in the UP now, home for a bit of a break and working out of office.  They upped my weekly hours to 29, to give me 58 total for pay-period. Huge help.  Hopefully I can sustain this for another 20 months, at that point it will be time to move on.  Good news day. 

My daughter's T ball season ended.  One of the boy's parents tried to get him to thank me for coaching.  He was maybe 10-15 feet away and I kind of say it out of the corner of my eye, so I just waited for him to come over as I was getting my daughter's stuff gathered up and ready to leave.  So the boy, probably only 4 years old, slowly walks over, turns around towards his parents and gets reminded what to say, then heads back over towards me, all with this grin on his face.  I ask him if he had fun, and he nods his head.  He then says "I am supposed to tell you something, but I forget what it is."  I got a good chuckle out of that one.

• Like 2

I just scored 20 vintage NES games in perfect, clean condition for $5 each.  My son is super excited. Says I got a crazy good deal.   Estate sales are so much fun.  

We had a baby deer visit our courtyard yesterday and it was amusing to watch a bunch of adults chasing this poor deer. We eventually captured it and it was brought to a deer sanctuary. I was surprised to learn that young deer bleet like goats.

http://talonse.com/deer.mp4

Pulled out of my driveway this morning to see a woman parked next door (main street) looking over at a momma deer and her 2 babies across the street in an open field.  The look on her face was like she had never seen a deer before.  She was smiling and it was pretty cool.  Put a little smile on my face this morning.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Biff Mayhem said:

We had a baby deer visit our courtyard yesterday and it was amusing to watch a bunch of adults chasing this poor deer. We eventually captured it and it was brought to a deer sanctuary. I was surprised to learn that young deer bleet like goats.

http://talonse.com/deer.mp4

Pretty cool.

I was bicycling the weekend before last and came across a fawn along the bike track.  It was probably 20 yards away.  I waited for it.  It waited for me.  Finally it had enough of playing chicken and crossed the path.  I figured it'd be in my best interest to wait for it to go away just to make sure there wasn't another one that darted into me by mistake.

Leaving a telemarketer "on hold while I get my wallet" and putting the phone next to the speakers while this plays:

• Like 1

Having a job near a window on the 29th floor in Portland after 21 years of working in a basement in like-it-even-matters-where-if-I-can't-see-outside.

3 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

You sure you want a single stage?

Yeah, don't have all that much to do. Besides, we don't get that wet heavy stuff very often out here because it is usually colder.  Also want the electric for the reduced noise and space.  I have their lawnmower and love it.  I would bet I could throw snow at 4AM, and nobody in the neighborhood would notice.

23 minutes ago, Walt said:

Yeah, don't have all that much to do. Besides, we don't get that wet heavy stuff very often out here because it is usually colder.  Also want the electric for the reduced noise and space.  I have their lawnmower and love it.  I would bet I could throw snow at 4AM, and nobody in the neighborhood would notice.

And you're not going to buy a bigger house in 5 years? I'm just making sure you get the most bang for your buck for when she finally does give the go ahead.

9 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

And you're not going to buy a bigger house in 5 years? I'm just making sure you get the most bang for your buck for when she finally does give the go ahead.

Nope, I am not.  I would probably either go battery powered or Walt powered shovel, TBH.

Tree hugger.

It's more of a space/less stuff for the kids to get into issue.

48 minutes ago, Walt said:

It's more of a space/less stuff for the kids to get into issue.

To borrow from Mr. Biggs: I also have children