smr-nj

Things that put a smile on your face.... (keep it clean!)

Evidently those old NES games are highly collectible, and some of them valuable.  My son has me watching for them when I visit estate sales. 

34 minutes ago, Walt said:

They were talking about this on the radio on the drive in, and I was thinking that 3 would be a good addition.  I think that to be perfect, you need Contra and Tecmo Super Bowl.

Yeah, those would be good additions as well.  Batman would be a good add.  RC Pro AM was a fun driving game to add that type of game to the mix.  Maybe Mega Man 3 or 4 (those two run together in my head)/

I am not a D&D guy at all, nor am I a huge RPG type guy (Final Fantasy notwithstanding), but D&D Pool of Radiance was a pretty damn good NES RPG which I never knew about and first played a few years ago on an emulator.  Dragon Warrior 3 was really good RPG as well.

A couple of games never released in the US would have been interesting as well - The Japanese Final Fantasy III and Mother would have been great adds.

I would remove arcade games (Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Pac-Man etc.) as well as a couple of the weaker titles (CV2, Balloon Fight?, Ice Climber)to make room for the above, but all that said, that is a really, really good list of 30 games, you never get every single thing you might want in one of these type offerings and $60 is a fair deal by any measure.

10 minutes ago, Melody said:

Evidently those old NES games are highly collectible, and some of them valuable.  My son has me watching for them when I visit estate sales. 

Yup, there is definitely a market for NES carts.

But, like anything collectable, the most valuable stuff are either highly rare promotional items or very obscure titles (several of which were glitchy, if not outright broken) that only a few were made.

4 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Yup, there is definitely a market for NES carts.

But, like anything collectable, the most valuable stuff are either highly rare promotional items or very obscure titles (several of which were glitchy, if not outright broken) that only a few were made.

I don't know what is what. PEZ is my obsession.  When I find the games, I text a picture to my son and he tells me whether to buy it for him.    A lot of times they are being sold in a lot.  

I have a list of things to watch for on behalf of various family members.  I'm not allowed to bring home any more clutter for myself. Lol

On 7/5/2016 at 8:39 PM, Yoda said:

I just discovered that for Amazon Prime members, you can get a "fresh" account for an extra 3.85/week and they'll deliver groceries to your door. I can either pick a time that day or if it's in the evening, they'll deliver them at a time I select in the morning, once a week. This is amazing.

Mike Tyson's Punchout would have been awesome, as well as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. 

Seems like a good time to drop this here. This little badass is an awesome drummer. Very tasteful without overplaying. Here he plays drums to Super Mario Bros 2. It really picks up around the 2:00 mark so stick around. 

He also plays to a lot of classical music. Here's another fav of mine. 

Mike Tyson's Punchout would have been awesome, as well as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. 

Punch out is there, it is just the version where Tyson is renamed Mr Dream after he went to jail the first time. They reshaded his character, but that and the name are the only difference. I agree on TMNT as a solid addition as well. I'd really love to be able to expand the game selection via a USB with DLC too.

A few years ago I ran into that Mr. Dream version on some emulator and had to look it up.

http://punchout.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Dream

Contrary to popular belief, Tyson was not removed because of his rape conviction (which did not occur until a year after the changeover), but because his contract expired. Since he had lost the title to James "Buster" Douglas by that point, Nintendo made no attempt to negotiate a new contract with him. Tyson was however, slated to appear in a sequel of his own (Power Punch II) where he would be the protagonist, but as a result of his imprisonment, Nintendo lost interest and instead used a generic boxer named Mark Tyler.

I am straight up laughing at the photographs my cousin just sent me.  Family reunion this week, and my mom and her brothers decided to find an old family graveyard.   It is in a wooded area in the boonies and the only access is through a privately owned pasture.  I couldn't serve as tour guide due to appointments in town, but gave them detailed directions to find and access the place. 

Well ... The gate to the pasture was locked, so my 78 year old mother and her brothers climbed an approximately five foot fence!   The pictures are so great, especially their grins when posing inside the graveyard. Hahaha!

I hope I am still having epic adventures at 78. 

My niece telling me Michigan is on her list of schools she is looking at.  

She lives out of state and it would be nice to have her around and close for 4-5 years.  

I'm no Coldplay fan, but they got Michael J. Fox to join them on guitar in playing Earth Angel, and then they bust into Johnny B. Goode... This is pretty awesome. 

• Like 1

The schadenfreude of the most despised woman at work being mad because the batcrap crazy cat lady who keeps pictures of her dead cat on her flip phone moving into the cubicle right next to her.

• Like 1

Walking into my local tire dealership and not being charged for repair of a flat. One of the advantages of being a loyal customer.

16 hours ago, Biff Mayhem said:

The schadenfreude of the most despised woman at work being mad because the batcrap crazy cat lady who keeps pictures of her dead cat on her flip phone moving into the cubicle right next to her.

Somehow the fact it is a flip phone is the cherry on top of this sundae of a story.

22 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Somehow the fact it is a flip phone is the cherry on top of this sundae of a story.

And don't even get me started on the story of the cake she baked in 1988 for her uncle who plays the accordion. That picture is on there too.