smr-nj

Things that put a smile on your face.... (keep it clean!)

Things that put a smile on your face... Becoming a Homeowner.

12196141_10206230894784146_7668422052919804871_n.jpg?oh=2e73efbab8f3d545a096a198cbf3e2c3&oe=56CDBD94

Congrats! When are we invited over for the housewarming kegger?

After seeing this pic, it now looks like I was being coerced into having my arms up.

Now to finish unpacking over the next 5 years...

It's Nov. 6th. It's N.J.

I'm still wearing my summer sandals.

I hate shoes.....so this bare foot weather makes me very happy.

Oh gosh. Involved in the funniest text exchange with my oldest daughter. They recently adopted a rescue puppy, long story. Being a pup, he can't be trusted loose in the house all day but at the same time they didn't want to leave him in the kennel all day. So they decided to try doggie daycare. Today was his first day.

After they dropped him off this morning, she texted me about it. Remarked that it cost as much as human preschool. Then complained that they charge $4 extra for the "afternoon snack." But "we can't let him see the other dogs get a treat then him not get one ... he picked the peanut butter Kong." Yeah, got a good laugh out of that.

I texted her this evening to ask how his first day of school went. She responded that C hadn't picked him up yet but had told her earlier in the day when she checked, "They haven't called me to pick him up so that's promising." I LOL'd at that.

Later got a report that school wore puppy out and they were told he enjoyed playing ball with this shihtzu. I responded that I was glad he had a good first day of school and made a friend.

THEN I get this text that is a photograph of the "progress report" that they send home with the dog every day. He scored "romp and roll" in play, "made lots of friends," in socialization, "took care of business" in potty. Straight a's!

I'm crying laughing y'all.

Oh gosh. Involved in the funniest text exchange with my oldest daughter. They recently adopted a rescue puppy, long story. Being a pup, he can't be trusted loose in the house all day but at the same time they didn't want to leave him in the kennel all day. So they decided to try doggie daycare. Today was his first day.

After they dropped him off this morning, she texted me about it. Remarked that it cost as much as human preschool. Then complained that they charge $4 extra for the "afternoon snack." But "we can't let him see the other dogs get a treat then him not get one ... he picked the peanut butter Kong." Yeah, got a good laugh out of that.

I texted her this evening to ask how his first day of school went. She responded that C hadn't picked him up yet but had told her earlier in the day when she checked, "They haven't called me to pick him up so that's promising." I LOL'd at that.

Later got a report that school wore puppy out and they were told he enjoyed playing ball with this shihtzu. I responded that I was glad he had a good first day of school and made a friend.

THEN I get this text that is a photograph of the "progress report" that they send home with the dog every day. He scored "romp and roll" in play, "made lots of friends," in socialization, "took care of business" in potty. Straight a's!

I'm crying laughing y'all.

I love my dogs, spoiled every one of them, but I never understood the whole doggy day care trend. First, they're dogs. Maybe it's just my dogs, but the minute you walk out the door they sleep. I've had to run back into the house and she was sound asleep, a minute after I walked out.

And then the whole report card? The first time I saw one I thought it was a gag that the center did as a joke. Then I found out otherwise. The other thing I've seen, from a coworker, is a website with live streaming so you can look in on your dog.

I guess the centers have found a way to separate people from their money and have perfected it.

Edited by dadair6

I love my dogs, spoiled every one of them, but I never understood the whole doggy day care trend. First, they're dogs. Maybe it's just my dogs, but the minute you walk out the door they sleep. I've had to run back into the house and she was sound asleep, a minute after I walked out.

And then the whole report card? The first time I saw one I thought it was a gag that the center did as a joke. Then I found out otherwise. The other thing I've seen, from a coworker, is a website with live streaming so you can look in on your dog.

I guess the centers have found a way to separate people from their money and have perfected it.

I know, right? Hence my mildly teasing her in terms of sending a kid to school. Lol

She found the report card humorous as well. They have two other dogs that are free in the house but are older. This new one is a puppy, so not trustworthy loose in the house unsupervised and their work situation is such that the poor thing would be in a kennel close to ten hours a day in addition to overnight. So they are doing this temporarily until the little guy is a little older and more civilized. He was a stray they found, and decided to keep.

Oldest son puts his sheepdogs at a kennel when they travel, and they have that thing where you can see your dog via the web. Lol. They used to pay a neighbor girl come by and walk, feed, etc but she left for college. The next person they hired stole items from their house. So sheepies go to the doggie resort now.

I think that we have finally decided to rent a larger place while we look for a place to buy. Kid #3 will be born in Feb/March, and we found a 4 bedroom place that wants a 7 month lease. Good to be able to wait for what we really want with a little more room.

I think that we have finally decided to rent a larger place while we look for a place to buy. Kid #3 will be born in Feb/March, and we found a 4 bedroom place that wants a 7 month lease. Good to be able to wait for what we really want with a little more room.

We were renting temporarily after a move when my third was born. I had a bunk bed and a crib, all three kids in one bed room. Lol. I look back with fondness at that time. We had a lot of fun. But at the time ... Insanity. So congrats on finding a rental where everybody has a place!

We were renting temporarily after a move when my third was born. I had a bunk bed and a crib, all three kids in one bed room. Lol. I look back with fondness at that time. We had a lot of fun. But at the time ... Insanity. So congrats on finding a rental where everybody has a place!

Thanks. It is a house with a fairly common square footage for the area, that we think may be a little too small for us, so the rental will be a bit of a test drive to find that out for sure. Also, the owners are going to put the house on the market in May, so if we like the place, it will be a literal test drive.

Got to hear a lecture by one for the worlds most renown Astrophysicist (technically a theorist) tonight. Kip Throne did a presentation on the movie for which he was the man behind the science, Interstellar. He went through the making of the movie and then spent some time talking about his specialty, Eisenstein Gravity. The cool part of all this, it was presented by the School of Liberal Arts. It was more artistic in nature than had it been presented through the scienes, although he put in what he could to show what he is dealing with.

Cool night, entertaining lecture.

4 of my 13 student loans are paid off. Got another one marked off the list today.

Wahoo!!!

Wahoo!!!

It is exciting. I pay extra on them every month. More than half paid. Now my wifes....those babies are going to take a LONG time, but baby steps. The more I pay off the more I can put towards the other loans to get them done ASAP.

On Monday, the wife and I are discussing gifted classes for our third grader at the parent teacher conference.

On Thursday as we are pulling into the driveway of my in-laws' house after the three hour drive, our gifted child realizes that she got into the van without shoes. And, no, we didn't pack extras for her because they weren't going to be necessary for this trip.

Why am I smiling? Because I now have a fantastic anecdote for her my father speech on her wedding day.

On Monday, the wife and I are discussing gifted classes for our third grader at the parent teacher conference.

On Thursday as we are pulling into the driveway of my in-laws' house after the three hour drive, our gifted child realizes that she got into the van without shoes. And, no, we didn't pack extras for her because they weren't going to be necessary for this trip.

Why am I smiling? Because I now have a fantastic anecdote for her my father speech on her wedding day.

Fantastic!

So funny. And so typical. :grin: