smr-nj

Things that put a smile on your face.... (keep it clean!)

My Dad. Had a great 92nd birthday WEEK, ending with an all day family party.

Life is good.

La familia est tutta cosa.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]657[/ATTACH]

My Dad. Had a great 92nd birthday WEEK, ending with an all day family party.

Life is good.

La familia est tutta cosa.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]657[/ATTACH]

Fantastic!

I'm organizing and decluttering. Slow going because I keep finding interesting treasures. Today's treasure was a letter my oldest daughter wrote to Santa when she was very young, like 2nd grade. You have to understand. We didn't "do" Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, etc. in the traditional way. There was always a surprise in their stockings, or candy filled eggs to hunt on Easter Sunday, etc. (Nothing under the pillow. Daddy "bought" teeth, and even paid extra for attractive packaging and good marketing.)

So this letter was something my MIL used to have the kids write every year so that she'd know what to buy them. And my daughter is talking about all that. ("My parents told me that the Easter Bunny isn't real, but that's OK because I like Christmas better anyway. And a letter to Santa is better than telling those fake santas at the mall what I want." LOLOL) I laughed until I had tears in my eyes.

There is a verse in the Bible about how the Lord comforts us in our afflictions in order that we can give to others the kind of comfort that the Lord gave us.

I thought of it today. Earlier in the week my husband and I encountered a couple whose husband had suffered a recent stroke and who had been with my husband in the same rehab hospital after my husband broke his femur. They now are doing outpatient physical therapy at the same facility.

I remarked in the waiting room how well he was doing! They looked so discouraged, and the wife said, "I guess. It's really hard and so slow." So I commented to them that my husband had a Berg score of 3 in 2012 when he came to his first outpatient therapy appointment and how awesome the therapists at that place were. (Trust me. A three is very, very debilitated. Normal is in the 50s.) That was the extent of the conversation.

The wife and I ended up today in the waiting room together while our husbands got tortured by the therapists and she made a point to come over to me and tell me what a difference it made for them to hear that Berg score and how they had discussed it at home that evening. Her husband is well ahead of that score, so felt encouraged for the first time since the stroke. (Seriously, he's got more to work with than my husband did so has every reason to expect to have an even better recovery.)

Then she cried when I told her about the driving rehab program my husband did, said she couldn't wait to tell her husband about it because the fear of losing that ability to drive was one of his biggest discouragements. We had to find out about that program on our own, in part because it is new in our area and offered at a different hospital in a neighboring city.

Anyway, as much as all this has sucked it was nice to be able to give a little hope to a very sad, frightened couple.

Along the medical topic, a friend sent me some "kids say the darndest things" quotes.

As I waited recently in the waiting room to see my doctor, an older couple came in. the wife was pushing the husband in a wheel chair and parked him near me. He was obviously worried and in distress as I tried to think of a way to begin a conversation.

At this time a child crossed the room right toward us. He walked up to the old gentleman and patted his hand. Very seriously he simply said "I know just how you feel Sir; sometimes my mom makes me ride in the stroller too."

Beautiful, Melody.

There is a verse in the Bible about how the Lord comforts us in our afflictions in order that we can give to others the kind of comfort that the Lord gave us.

I thought of it today. Earlier in the week my husband and I encountered a couple whose husband had suffered a recent stroke and who had been with my husband in the same rehab hospital after my husband broke his femur. They now are doing outpatient physical therapy at the same facility.

I remarked in the waiting room how well he was doing! They looked so discouraged, and the wife said, "I guess. It's really hard and so slow." So I commented to them that my husband had a Berg score of 3 in 2012 when he came to his first outpatient therapy appointment and how awesome the therapists at that place were. (Trust me. A three is very, very debilitated. Normal is in the 50s.) That was the extent of the conversation.

The wife and I ended up today in the waiting room together while our husbands got tortured by the therapists and she made a point to come over to me and tell me what a difference it made for them to hear that Berg score and how they had discussed it at home that evening. Her husband is well ahead of that score, so felt encouraged for the first time since the stroke. (Seriously, he's got more to work with than my husband did so has every reason to expect to have an even better recovery.)

Then she cried when I told her about the driving rehab program my husband did, said she couldn't wait to tell her husband about it because the fear of losing that ability to drive was one of his biggest discouragements. We had to find out about that program on our own, in part because it is new in our area and offered at a different hospital in a neighboring city.

Anyway, as much as all this has sucked it was nice to be able to give a little hope to a very sad, frightened couple.

Along the medical topic, a friend sent me some "kids say the darndest things" quotes.

As I waited recently in the waiting room to see my doctor, an older couple came in. the wife was pushing the husband in a wheel chair and parked him near me. He was obviously worried and in distress as I tried to think of a way to begin a conversation.

At this time a child crossed the room right toward us. He walked up to the old gentleman and patted his hand. Very seriously he simply said "I know just how you feel Sir; sometimes my mom makes me ride in the stroller too."

That is the cutest! Lol

I have finalized my Time Warner Cable cost reduction program. New digital antenna - check. Purchased cable modem to eliminate rental fees - check. Bill went from $80 bucks a month to $36.

By my math, that's about 2 cases of beer per month. :-)

Being completely done with the latest record.

On to the mastering shack!

Exciting! What is the recording? Are you going to have it pressed on vinyl?

Finally finding a house I liked enough to put in offer in after 3 months, getting the contract accepted, and now working on giving up my arms and legs for the mortgage.

Finally finding a house I liked enough to put in offer in after 3 months, getting the contract accepted, and now working on giving up my arms and legs for the mortgage.

We're house hunting right now too. It's worse than car shopping. Much worse.

Yeah. We are nearing a point of deciding whether moving or surviving remodels would be worse. Honestly, if not for the dogs, I would be leaning to moving. We have been window shopping those condos downtown in historic buildings. Not seriously but ...

Good luck y'all.

Exciting! What is the recording? Are you going to have it pressed on vinyl?

If it were up to a couple of my bandmates, we would, but I always try to put the kibosh on it b/c pressing vinyl is really expensive and I don't think its worth the money. We're not making money on any of this so I need to think of it like spending on a hobby rather than a business. That's not anything against vinyl, which I love, it's just a $ decision in my mind.

They did want some physical media though, so with the last one they pressed 100 CDs, but that deal also put it on some websites & iTunes.

Old one:

Old Mission | Red Album - EP | CD Baby Music Store

If it were up to a couple of my bandmates, we would, but I always try to put the kibosh on it b/c pressing vinyl is really expensive and I don't think its worth the money. We're not making money on any of this so I need to think of it like spending on a hobby rather than a business. That's not anything against vinyl, which I love, it's just a $ decision in my mind.

They did want some physical media though, so with the last one they pressed 100 CDs, but that deal also put it on some websites & iTunes.

Old one:

Old Mission | Red Album - EP | CD Baby Music Store

For some reason, the genre came as a bit of a surprise. Be sure to post a link to the new material when it's up!

And you are so right about the $$$$ of vinyl. On the one hand, if you are seriously pursuing music, it's almost necessary these days to get a leg up. Less competition, and and people are mad for old school vinyl these days so will buy lesser known artists. On the other hand, so few places are pressing records these days that it is an enormous investment and it takes forever to get them. My youngest is working with some local acts (publicity, stuff like that), and I know that it took over a year to get one of the artist's album pressed. They were really getting frustrated esp. since it was one of the things they were giving to the kickstarter investors, but supposedly almost everyone is having the same issue.

When I help my 1 year old get undressed, I will say "put your hands up", and she knows enough Beyonce apparently to respond with the oh, oh ohhhh part of " Shoulda put a ring on it."

When I help my 1 year old get undressed, I will say "put your hands up", and she knows enough Beyonce apparently to respond with the oh, oh ohhhh part of " Shoulda put a ring on it."

Hahaha! Oh, man.....That's so cute!

Love this! Haha!

The bereft looks on the Yankees' faces after that game vs. Astros tonight made me smile. I'm kind of a mean person, I guess. But ... bwahahahaha!

The bereft looks on the Yankees' faces after that game vs. Astros tonight made me smile. I'm kind of a mean person, I guess. But ... bwahahahaha!

Yankee and Red Sox tears are the most delicious.

Yankee tears are the most delicious.