smr-nj

Things that put a smile on your face.... (keep it clean!)

Finding out that your 20-something male co-worker has been sending topless selfies to the ladies at another contractor we work with and then having a copy sent my way. I'm amused beyond belief.

EDIT: He put them on Instagram and the ladies found them. Still too funny!

Okay, Mr. Peavy Model. :)

Be aware, I just spent 20 minute scouring the internet for that photo, but no luck.

That's exciting!

Indeed it is. The biggest problem is trying to not get too excited. We won't even see it until tomorrow. It looks great, is in a perfect neighborhood, and in the school district that we wanted.

The term "butthurt" makes me laugh every time I hear it

A few weeks ago we went to Walmart to buy a couple of bikes for the girls. The rack with the one we wanted was empty so an employee checked in the back to see if there were any there. There was one but we needed two (twin issue). I told him thanks and that we'd check another store. As we're walking out to the car he sees us in the parking lot and told us that he went and checked the trailer and there was another one there.

We were so impressed with the level of service that we wrote a letter to the manager commending this guy for going above and beyond the normal call of service to help us out.

Yesterday I ran into the guy and we told him that we had written a letter to the manager praising his great work ethic and he told us that he got a promotion to cashier and full time hours.

Awesome.

Since hurting my knees, I've been told that I can't do the modified 'girly' pushups, so I've been using a bench to be able to keep straight legs. In the middle of today's workout I realized I'd forgotten to set up the bench and didn't feel like stopping the tape to go get it, so I decided to do as many 'real' ones as I could. I was able to do 2 sets of 12. YES!!!

I'm about 50 miles from a major city with a TV station. Today we put up a HD antenna and ran the cables. I can now pull in the 4 local channels I was previously paying for through Time Warner Cable. It works on all TVs in the house.

Time Warner Cable, your TV service is no longer needed. :-)

I'd smile about that too! Now if we could just get Fox Sports Southwest by individual subscription, our cable would be gone as well.

Learned recently that evidently Time Warner and Charter are merging some way. I fully expect to experience the worst of both worlds. Ugh.

I'd smile about that too! Now if we could just get Fox Sports Southwest by individual subscription, our cable would be gone as well.

Learned recently that evidently Time Warner and Charter are merging some way. I fully expect to experience the worst of both worlds. Ugh.

We had heard that if the TW/Comcast deal had gone through, Comcast had offered to move our of our area as part of the anti-trust avoidance, so I had mixed feeling when it fell through (:wink:). We wouldn't have it here if not for the baseball games. Doesn't seem to be any way around that one for the time being. You used to be able to fool MLB on the web using a proxy server or VPN log in to a server in some other state but I have not checked into that for a while....

Edited by Gehringer_2

Once I could get FSN and the Tiger games, I had to get DTV. My only way to get the regional (Toledo) channels are through TWC (who did just get bought out (but we'll see)) who I need for my internet anyway. So I have satellite and cable.

Now I can cancel the TV cable service which will save me about 15 bucks a month, and I will have < 100 bucks in this. ROI paid in less than a year. And the picture it even better.

Of course at some point this will all change because there is no money to be made when I can get free TV. That should take more than a year so I might have won this battle. :-)

This brilliant commercial. The "Definitely Flowers" van is absolute perfection.

oh-BytAuxDQ

The State Farm commercial where the guy is never getting married is fantastic too.

The State Farm commercial where the guy is never getting married is fantastic too.

That's a good one.

Since we are talking about commercials...I have NEVER watched a commercial and thought 'the next time I need 'x' I will get theirs because of that commercial...until a few weeks ago. The next time I need paint I am pretty sure I am buying Sherwin Williams because of this commercial:

https://youtu.be/XznR_UIpyB4

Edited by John_Brian_K

My husband is remoting in to the office this morning, and got a same time text (internal messaging system) from one of his employees that the site is having a fire drill.

So in solidarity with his employees, he grabbed his coffee and walked out to sit on our back patio. LOL

My husband is remoting in to the office this morning, and got a same time text (internal messaging system) from one of his employees that the site is having a fire drill.

So in solidarity with his employees, he grabbed his coffee and walked out to sit on our back patio. LOL

Ha! Awesome.

Just slept two nights with my new CPAP machine and feel wonderful. My understanding is that it only gets better.

Good news! I know that it sure improved my brother's quality of life. His first symptom was low blood sugar, even right after a meal. Isn't that weird?

Good news! I know that it sure improved my brother's quality of life. His first symptom was low blood sugar, even right after a meal. Isn't that weird?

Definitely weird. I was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure and it was due to sleep apnea. People don't realize how bad snoring is for your health. I couldn't figure out why I was so tired all the time. It turns out that my brain was waking me up about every 2½ minutes because I had either a full or partial blockage of breath. So I started using a lot of caffeine and eventually Red Bull which, due to heart palpitations, put me in the hospital one night because I thought I was having a heart attack.

If you snore, go have a sleep study done.