smr-nj

Things that put a smile on your face.... (keep it clean!)

3 hours ago, Biff Mayhem said:

"Where, four, art thou?" IMO

Hilarious. Someone else asked me why even I put a comma in there.

The youngest and I saw dozens and dozens and dozens of geese flying this morning.  Easily over a hundred of them divided into about 6 or 7 different evolving Vs. 

Sometimes its the simple things.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Casimir said:

The youngest and I saw dozens and dozens and dozens of geese flying this morning.  Easily over a hundred of them divided into about 6 or 7 different evolving Vs. 

Sometimes its the simple things.

The number of geese in the Great Lakes region must be at near a century high. A couple of years ago we were coming back across the lake from Isle Royale  just at daybreak late in Sept and we could see this odd long narrow line of dark cloud low in the sky. Once we got the Binoc's on it it resolved into the longest line of geese I'd ever seen. Had to be thousands of them. 

I've read that in their day, Lewis and Clark said that the migratory birds literally darkened the sky.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

The number of geese in the Great Lakes region must be at near a century high. A couple of years ago we were coming back across the lake from Isle Royale  just at daybreak late in Sept and we could see this odd long narrow line of dark cloud low in the sky. Once we got the Binoc's on it it resolved into the longest line of geese I'd ever seen. Had to be thousands of them. 

I've read that in their day, Lewis and Clark said that the migratory birds literally darkened the sky.

I've heard that, too.