smr-nj

Things that put a smile on your face.... (keep it clean!)

The town's fire department always comes through the streets with Santa Claus each year, up and down each street in town, blaring their sirens and horns.

The kids hear them coming, and come out of their houses and Santa throws them candy from the truck.

I love this story!

A few miles from our house is a guy who dresses up like Santa Claus. He sits on the porch of his Clark W. Griswold approved lighted home and waves at the cars that pass. Anyone can stop by and have their picture taken with Santa.

We brought our kids last night. One of them ran right up to him and it was amazing to see how much this guy loved just talking with her. It's obvious the guy absolutely knows the joy of Christmas is in the hearts of children.

He sits out there in all temperatures so that he can brighten the days of the children (and also lightens the burden of those parents who cannot afford $15 to get a picture with mall Santa while being rushed through the process like herded sheep).

I love this story!

A few miles from our house is a guy who dresses up like Santa Claus. He sits on the porch of his Clark W. Griswold approved lighted home and waves at the cars that pass. Anyone can stop by and have their picture taken with Santa..........

Biff, that is a side of you we do not see often enough :happy:

Well, my baby turns 21 today. She always makes me smile. All of my kids do.

But what really made me LOL was an anecdote she relayed to me. One of her classes has mainly freshmen in it, and when one of them asked, "What year were you born?" and she replied, "1989," he says, "You were born in the EIGHTIES?! COOOOL" hahahahahaha! She's vintage now, I guess.

(Eighties fashion and music is hip again these days.)

That's funny. It reminds me when a teenage cashier, after finding out my mother's age said "Wow- you're 85? You're still walking and everything."

Come to think of it, I'm surprised my Mom didn't flatten the girl.:wink: The look on her face was priceless (of course I wasn't stupid enough to show I found it a little funny).

The squirrels I feed have been holed up somewhere for several days. Today I looked out onto the driveway and saw one of them. Curiously it crept up to the edge of the garage searching. As it sat back on its haunches, I swear it shivered before running off.

It's two weeks after the end of hunting season (in my area) and four deer strolled behind my apartment.

Once hunting season is over the deer seem to graze out back (partly because someone in the apt complex feed them)

Do I see teeth? Congratulations (and the first ultrasound pic I could understand.)!!

I am not sure about the teeth, but it sure looks like it. Tooth buds are formed starting at 13 weeks, and we are about 12.5 weeks along.

Thanks for the congrats folks. I thought this was a good place to post this since I have been walking around all day since with a stupid grin on my face.

Boy or girl? (couldn't tell if there was a cellphone by the ear yet) :classic:

Just remembered this quote attributed to Yogi Berra: "I couldn't tell if the streaker was a man

or a woman because it had a bag on it's head."

Edited by DaYooperASBDT

Boy or girl? (couldn't tell if there was a cellphone by the ear yet) :classic:

Still too early for that. We are not going to find out anyway. We are rolling old school.:rambo:

When people ask us what we are hoping for, we say ten fingers and ten toes.

Still too early for that. We are not going to find out anyway. We are rolling old school.:rambo:

When people ask us what we are hoping for, we say ten fingers and ten toes.

LOL. My sister started answering "yes" when people asked her if she wanted a boy or a girl.

Congrats-a picture really is worth a thousand words.

LOL. My sister started answering "yes" when people asked her if she wanted a boy or a girl.

Congrats-a picture really is worth a thousand words.

My wife and I have done that as well, if only to reference "Its a Wonderful Life."

Girl Scout cookies make me smile. Particularly the Samoas. I have faith that in heaven we'll have Samoas as every meal and they won't be fattening!

Also fun to come out of the Sam's Club and see those sweet girls and their mothers selling them. It brings back happy memories of my girl scout days.

Back to the kids reference and I have posted this before: When Ryan was about two and I would proudly show him off at the grocery store, he always drew attention because of his red hair and outgoing personality. A common comment was "what color hair does his daddy have?" (thinking Ryan was out with G'pa). I would proceed with paying, smile broadly and answer "gray". I still smile for the memory. I seem to have forgotten too many of those little events.

Kids, yours and mine make me smile. Our old folks while still mobile and energetic make me smile. Friends like Whitecapwendy who spend long hours comforting those who often have few left in their lives make me smile. A face in the crowd without a name yet who I kinow shares my love of the Tigers makes me smile. An adult intently watching one player stands out as a parent and makes me smile. The challenge to match a photo with an Extravaganza selection ALWAYS makes me smile.

3:02 AM...ran out of time. Not smiling nor am I going to see 4 AM like I did last night.

11 hours late

My new neice. I have 7 nephews and 4 neices. When my first nephew was born, I was only 15 years old. I thought he was the cutest baby (and then kid) in the world. Later on I found out that all parents/relatives think their child is the cutest in the world. But my newest neice is by far the cutest baby I have ever saw. It's unfair to my other nephews and neices to say this to them, so I would NEVER tell anyone else my opinion. (except my wife, she knows lol) Anyway, her name is Aliaa.

She just turned 6 months old this week and she's quite a ham. :classic:

Aliaa4.jpg

Aliaa2.jpg

Aliaa.jpg

Edited by Sports_Freak