Sports_Freak

Rich Rod Fired?

No, they teased their newscast with a rumor that he was fired. This would only make sense if Rich Rod demanded a commitment beyond this season and wasn't given one. I can't see Rich acting like that.....I don't think DB would pull the trigger 3 days before THE GAME.

Really, why would they fire him the week before their biggest game??

There were rumors going around (I think Herbstreit started it or spread it) that he is getting fired Monday and that Harbaugh would be announced within 24 hours...but that is just a rumor

There were rumors going around (I think Herbstreit started it or spread it) that he is getting fired Monday and that Harbaugh would be announced within 24 hours...but that is just a rumor

Because

A- Herbie so "nailed-it" the last time with the Michigan job.

B -Herbie would have NO REASON AT ALL to spit on Michigan this week.

This is irresponsible and it all started with Lynn Henning who barely any credibility in baseball anymore, much less football....

Yeah, a tease to get us to tune in. Oh well, one could only wish it were true. :classic:

it might well be true soon, but its not gonna happey 3 days before OSU. Unless he killed someone.....

Earle Bruce was fired before the OSU-UM game, either right after that Sat game or on Sun, I cannot remember exactly. OSU then went out and upset UM in Bruce's last game in Ann Arbor.

I don't see the point in firing a coach in the middle of a week unless there was something extremely out of bounds that happened. I would not be surprised to see him fired at any point between the OSU game and the bowl game if the right successor becomes available.

Earle Bruce was fired before the OSU-UM game, either right after that Sat game or on Sun, I cannot remember exactly. OSU then went out and upset UM in Bruce's last game in Ann Arbor.

I don't see the point in firing a coach in the middle of a week unless there was something extremely out of bounds that happened. I would not be surprised to see him fired at any point between the OSU game and the bowl game if the right successor becomes available.

thats what I think. if Harbaugh or Brady Hoke is available or some other really big name, they will pull the trigger, if not....year number 4 awaits.

That's more of a letdown than Fruit Stripe gum.

nV_-O4nfT2U

I'm guessing you saw my Buzz Killington reply ;) I deleted it because I saw you did say they would make a change if a big name were available but all I heard was "get ready for a 4th year."

I'm guessing you saw my Buzz Killington reply ;) I deleted it because I saw you did say they would make a change if a big name were available but all I heard was "get ready for a 4th year."

Yeah, but I just like that bit from Family Guy. I'll use any reason to post it.

Gut feeling - Rodriguez is gone. Harbaugh is probably on top of the list, but I wouldn't be disappointed in Gary Peterson from TCU either.

Yeah, but I just like that bit from Family Guy. I'll use any reason to post it.

I definitely got a chuckle out of it :)

You couldnt get Greg schiano to leave rutgers, and now you "wouldn't be disappointed" in Gary Peterson? Hilarious.

Greg Schiano would have taken the job if he ever was actually offered it, thankfully he wasn't because he's awful.

You couldnt get Greg schiano to leave rutgers, and now you "wouldn't be disappointed" in Gary Peterson? Hilarious.

Schiano thought JoPa was leaving Penn State in a year, so he passed because he wanted the Penn State job.

Oops.

thats what I think. if Harbaugh or Brady Hoke is available or some other really big name, they will pull the trigger, if not....year number 4 awaits.

"IF" Brady Hoke is available?

Can someone explain why this thread was made? There seems to have been some speculation but I cannot find a shred of it online.

Can someone explain why this thread was made? There seems to have been some speculation but I cannot find a shred of it online.

Channel 7 teased the top of their newscast at 11 "Breaking News in Ann Arbor, has Rich Rod been fired?"

They did not address the story again until the sportscast at 11:30.

This was EXTREMELY tacky by Channel 7 and its based on comments Lynn Henning made on the radio on Thursday. That's it.......everybody ran with it after that. Herbstriet, PTI and Henning stated it like he knew it, and then later said it was just an opinion.

My first choice before Rich Rod came here and after he leaves is Chris Petersen at Boise St. I'd go after the guy with a hard, aggressive offer; he wants something, he gets it.

Channel 7 teased the top of their newscast at 11 "Breaking News in Ann Arbor, has Rich Rod been fired?"

They did not address the story again until the sportscast at 11:30.

This was EXTREMELY tacky by Channel 7 and its based on comments Lynn Henning made on the radio on Thursday. That's it.......everybody ran with it after that. Herbstriet, PTI and Henning stated it like he knew it, and then later said it was just an opinion.

This rumor has been going around for a month or so. The story is that Brandon has assured a small number of influential supporters that changes would be coming. I don't know if that's true but I do know that when the fans are booing and leaving the stadium at halftime on senior day, Brandon has to be feeling at least a little uncomfortable.

My first choice before Rich Rod came here and after he leaves is Chris Petersen at Boise St. I'd go after the guy with a hard, aggressive offer; he wants something, he gets it.

You want to go after the guy who took over a small program that was already ok, and then turned it into an offensive powerhouse? So you want to replace Rich Rodriguez with Rich Rodriguez 2.0?

Ask Colorado how much they liked Dan Hawkins.

And then ask Michigan how much they like Rich Rodriguez.

And then hope that Jim Harbaugh or Les Miles still want the job.

Greg Schiano would have taken the job if he ever was actually offered it, thankfully he wasn't because he's awful.

Where do you come up with some of this stuff?

You want to go after the guy who took over a small program that was already ok, and then turned it into an offensive powerhouse? So you want to replace Rich Rodriguez with Rich Rodriguez 2.0?

Ask Colorado how much they liked Dan Hawkins.

And then ask Michigan how much they like Rich Rodriguez.

And then hope that Jim Harbaugh or Les Miles still want the job.

Would potentially open up a new QB battle for 2011! Tate may well end up staying!

Edited by lionstigersand...