DaYooperASBDT

Which Big Bat Will Tigers Sign Next?

Which Big Hitter Will The Tigers Sign Next?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Which Big Hitter Will The Tigers Sign Next?

With Martinez on board DHing part time, how do you guys (and gals) feel about somebody that wants to DH part time like Thome?

The thing is Thome would DH against righties, which is what VMart is going to do. Gotta be a right if it's a part time DH deal. Maggs,Dye,Cust,Willingham,Manny etc.

Carl Crawford.

Maggs will be signed in Jan/Feb to a 2-year $16 mill contract.

Jackson - CF

Crawford - LF

Ordonez - RF

Cabrera - 1B

Martinez - DH

Peralta - SS

Avila - C

Inge - 3B

Sizemore - 2B

Bench:

Raburn

Boesch or Wells

Rhymes

Santiago

PS: If we're going to trade Turner... I would trade him for Greinke. And I think the Royals would pull the trigger on that deal. Then you have a rotation and BP of:

Verlander

Greinke

Scherzer

Coke

Porcello

Valverde

Benoit

Perry

Schlereth

Zumaya (if healthy)

Weinhardt

Thomas

As the current MTS saying goes: Detroit Tigers, 2011 World Series CHAMPS!!!

I would like to think that DD is talking to Cleveland about Shin Soo Choo. Who do we have that the Indians might be interested in?

I would like to see Ryan Raburn play in Detroit every day, but unfortunately I cannot see this happening. Maybe Cleveland could be persuaded to take him (and someone else obviously) as an everyday outfielder - with all my best wishes for Ryan!

I bet Cleveland would jump all over this if we tossed in Gaga, the guy they can't hit in our rotation.

I'm saying either Maggs or Werth. Can't see us continuing to pursue Dunn with this signing, and now corner outfield is our main focus.

I voted Werth, but I bet it will be Maggs.

I could see Guillen and WElls for Beltran. We take a small salary hit, give them a prospect and help them dump Beltan, who they don't seem to want around.

casper wells is not a prospect.

please re-check age, skill set, and track record and re-propose.

casper wells is not a prospect.

please re-check age, skill set, and track record and re-propose.

I can't believe some of these trade proposals.

Sure.....I bet they'd take one of our OF's who hits a hot streak for a month or two. Or an old broken down player who is almost guaranteed to spend a decent amount of time on the DL. Or a pitcher who had a decent "rookie" campaign but has since regressed for guy who hits .300, 20 HR's, 90 RBI's & steals 20 bases a year....why not? :cool:

I listened to Daniel Schlereth on MLB radio tonight...he talked like Maggs' return was a certainty.

I listened to Daniel Schlereth on MLB radio tonight...he talked like Maggs' return was a certainty.

Well Maggs has said he would like to return, and while I'm sure someone could go out there & throw a buttload of money at him to try and pry him away from us, I don't know how many teams would go down that road.

I'm just hoping the, we brought him in when nobody else wanted him factor, plays into his decision. Of course, the phrase "money talks" always acts as part of the discussion, but I don't think it's any secret that Maggs has become a fan favorite in Detroit, and that we want him back. I think he realizes that, and it sounds like he wants to come back as well, so hopefully we're in line for the old, hometown discount in his case.

Well Maggs has said he would like to return, and while I'm sure someone could go out there & throw a buttload of money at him to try and pry him away from us, I don't know how many teams would go down that road.

I'm just hoping the, we brought him in when nobody else wanted him factor, plays into his decision. Of course, the phrase "money talks" always acts as part of the discussion, but I don't think it's any secret that Maggs has become a fan favorite in Detroit, and that we want him back. I think he realizes that, and it sounds like he wants to come back as well, so hopefully we're in line for the old, hometown discount in his case.

About the hometown-discount...I think the Yankees are having to pay the brought-five-championship-rings-to-town tax with Jeter. His market value would be lower elsewhere.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything wrt Magglio but we might value him more because of the memory of him hitting the 3-run dinger in the ALCS.

I would think Maggs - that might do it.

And/or pursue a deal in which DD pursues a younger 'everyday' type OF who bats LH. ex. trading Raburn and 1-2 others for such a player. Not sure who this might be...

P wise I would like to see them look seriously at Greinke.

I am intrigued by the reports from mlb radio ,via a forum member,that we hasn't the highest offer out to Crawford.

I hate to say it, but I think Maggs is done. Two years ago everyone wanted him out of town. Last year he started the season great, but got injured. I will always love Maggs, but I think it's time to move on. Landing Crawford would be nice, but I think we're all in dream land with that ever happening. I think the best option is to go after Werth. Get it done!!!

I hate to say it, but I think Maggs is done. Two years ago everyone wanted him out of town. Last year he started the season great, but got injured. I will always love Maggs, but I think it's time to move on. Landing Crawford would be nice, but I think we're all in dream land with that ever happening. I think the best option is to go after Werth. Get it done!!!

If we are willing to match his other offers, why is it a dream that we could land him? He wants to play in a city without a media circus. We have that and he could bat in the middle of an order that has Cabrera and VMart in it. Our ballpark is well suited to his game and we have everything he could want except torii hunter. I think we can be in on him, if DD/Illitch want him, unless somebody throws stupid money at him.

I think Magglio will sign with whatever team offers him the best contract. Boras is his agent.

I look at Texas a possible competitor. If they lose out on Lee, they're going to spend that money on a combination of other players. Magglio would probably do very well in that ballpark and lineup replacing Guerrero.

It sounds like Maggs wants to return and I hope the Tigers want him back, but I don't think they'll get him for anything less than the best offer.

Barring any trade, I've gotta believe the team will make a strong pitch for Maggs to play RF, but only with a Johnny Damon-like one-year deal.

I think the Tigers are going to quickly land a guy like CC or Werth... if that falls though, they'll take Magglio.

I think the Tigers are going to quickly land a guy like CC or Werth... if that falls though, they'll take Magglio.

I think that if they are able to land one of these two and Maggs is still available later, he will be signed by the Tigers via a sentimental owner.

I think this is generally true, but, I think both CC and Werth get more elsewhere and the Tigers end up resigning Magglio.

Let's see how this plays out

This is not what I wish the Tigers would do, but, it's what I predict they will do

Edited by baseball3