DaYooperASBDT

Which Big Bat Will Tigers Sign Next?

Which Big Hitter Will The Tigers Sign Next?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Which Big Hitter Will The Tigers Sign Next?

I thought it would be Dunn signed #1, now I think talk of Dunn is done. (Not that I know it for a fact.) I wouldn't want him for anything but DH.

The next signing will be lower profile, though I wouldn't know who it might be.

Dracula.

I think a trade is probably more likely. Someone like Beltran who would be a salary dump, but still a good player if healthy.

I think a trade is probably more likely. Someone like Beltran who would be a salary dump, but still a good player if healthy.

Not with Inge signed for two years. Besides, with their losing V-Mart, the Bosux will have to pursue Beltran to save face with their fans. Unless you're saying Inge would be part of the deal, in which case the Tigers would have to save face.

Not with Inge signed for two years. Besides, with their losing V-Mart, the Bosux will have to pursue Beltran to save face with their fans. Unless you're saying Inge would be part of the deal, in which case the Tigers would have to save face.

What? Who are you talking about? Beltre? I said Beltran (Carlos).

I think that while we might persue the others, in the end we might have to work out a deal for a bat and have suggested that Beltran could be available (with the Mets eating some salary).

Trading for Carlos Beltran is of course another option. If that knee is healed, and the Mets take some salary back (Guillen) that would be a tempting gamble.

What? Who are you talking about? Beltre? I said Beltran (Carlos).

I think that while we might persue the others, in the end we might have to work out a deal for a bat and have suggested that Beltran could be available (with the Mets eating some salary).

Sorry, bubba. My bad.:embar:

Maggs, he wants to come back and he's earned it. We were just fine with him hitting fifth. Put Martinez in the mix and you may just have something.

Trading for Carlos Beltran is of course another option. If that knee is healed, and the Mets take some salary back (Guillen) that would be a tempting gamble.

I could see Guillen and WElls for Beltran. We take a small salary hit, give them a prospect and help them dump Beltan, who they don't seem to want around.

Maggs, he wants to come back and he's earned it. We were just fine with him hitting fifth. Put Martinez in the mix and you may just have something.

Maggs would hit 3rd. This is how I would actually do it.

Jackson

Inge(takes pitches and runs well enough to not block Jackson horribly, plus too many similar hitters in bottom of lineup)

Maggs

Cabrera

VMart

Raburn(possibly Boesch or Wells at times)

Peralta

Avila

Sizemore(possibly Guillen or even Rhymes)

That's a lineup that can drive in a lot more runs than last year's version.

He said "big hitter", not little bat.
Big Bat? Well that bat looks big in the photo - until you see the fingers behind him lol. We've been on a kick of posting cat pictures in certain threads here, so I figured if cats why not bats?

I would like to think that DD is talking to Cleveland about Shin Soo Choo. Who do we have that the Indians might be interested in?

I would like to see Ryan Raburn play in Detroit every day, but unfortunately I cannot see this happening. Maybe Cleveland could be persuaded to take him (and someone else obviously) as an everyday outfielder - with all my best wishes for Ryan!

With Martinez on board DHing part time, how do you guys (and gals) feel about somebody that wants to DH part time like Thome?