C03BRA

Hamilton beats Miggy for MVP

So the list of Tiger runner ups include Cabrera 2010, Magglio 2007. Cecil Fielder 1990 & 1991, and Alan Trammell 1987.

FWIW, I do not think any of those guys were the most effective player in the league in those respective years.

For a team that has only made the playoffs 4 times in 40 years, they've had 5 MVP's in the past 14 years.

This whole thing is a travesty, a sham and a mockery...it's a traveshamockery!

Exactly! Could the media's total lack of respect for Tigers players be a reason why some players don't want to play in Motown? Not only, are deserving Tigers routinely overlooked for annual awards etc., but also lifetime achievment awards such as the HOF, Trammel, Whitaker, and others, Freehan, etc. In addition, there is likely, immediate monetary gain associated with these awards not to mention how it could affect a players legacy and future value.

Exactly! Could the media's total lack of respect for Tigers players be a reason why some players don't want to play in Motown? Not only, are deserving Tigers routinely overlooked for annual awards etc., but also lifetime achievment awards such as the HOF, Trammel, Whitaker, and others, Freehan, etc. In addition, there is likely, immediate monetary gain associated with these awards not to mention how it could affect a players legacy and future value.

Watch this:

bOhi8FOvwaE

Like I said when Jackson lost the ROY, Cabby had no chance. Zero. I am not surprised the vote wasn't even close and I'm not surprised that he finished low on many ballots. To me, this is the key issue--Cabby had virtually no protection in that lineup and still put up incredible, phenomenal numbers. Hamilton had all kinds of protection and had less RBIs. It has nothing to do with who makes the playoffs (it isn't supposed to, at least).

For those that don't think a Detroit bias exists, well, keep on believing that. This vote pretty much solidifies it for me. I'll be shocked if any Detroit baseball player wins the MVP in my lifetime. They've pretty much gone my father's entire lifetime without one, so it wouldn't surprise me. Last one: Hank Greenberg...1940.

Detroit is an afterthought, folks.

I'll be shocked if any Detroit baseball player wins the MVP in my lifetime. They've pretty much gone my father's entire lifetime without one, so it wouldn't surprise me. Last one: Hank Greenberg...1940.

Detroit is an afterthought, folks.

Dear Bob,

Pitchers are players too.

Signed,

Hal Newhouser 1944-45 AL MVP

Denny McLain 1968 AL MVP

Willie Hernandez 1984 AL MVP

Willie Hernandez was a reliever no less. It's hard enough for relievers to get Cy Youngs let alone an MVP.

Position player was inferred. :ermm:

Look at what Cabby had around him in that lineup and tell me he single handedly didn't keep this team afloat this year. To me, that's where it's end of story. Hamilton had plenty around him and in the end, they still couldn't beat good pitching.

Hamilton deserved it. The only reason people are in here complaining is obvious homerism.

I am fine with Hamilton and I woulda been fine with Cabrera. I didn't care to see Cano so high..Yeah he's a stud but look at the lineup he plays in and that homerun friendly ball park.

I do still believe Jackson should have won and agree that he got hosed.