Deleterious

2011 NBA Draft

Yea, that doesn't matter, most all of them say that. I remember last year Greg Monroe saying he was coming back as well to Georgetown.

After OSU lost to Kentucky tonight, Sullinger said he will be coming back next year.

Sullinger and his father have been pretty adamant about coming back next for another season. I guess we'll see. Would love to see him in a Piston uni this upcoming season or next.

10 games left, Jersey has 11 ... only two games out, it's not over yet. It'll be impossible to pass Toronto.

Oh, but watch the Pistons will all ten and slip way, way back.

Sullinger and his father have been pretty adamant about coming back next for another season. I guess we'll see. Would love to see him in a Piston uni this upcoming season or next.

I want to see him leave. I want to see everyone leave. If he and Barnes come back, the draft instantly gets much weaker and we are left with a worse pick.

Yeah but it makes our pick next year better, and maybe it's with another GM, it's not like this won't be a lottery team next year. The players that look like that I like at 6-8 will either a. still be there (aka reaches) b. don't fit c. are big time projects. And if they win the lotto Barnes and Sulliger aren't yet in my top 3.

This draft has nice depth IMO, but Sullinger not leaving thins it out at the top and barnes and/or Irving staying would really put a damper on it. Oh well, we just gotta get the 1 pick and take Williams(as a PF).

I definitely like Derrick Williams. He looks like a stronger Josh Smith to me and I think his athleticism and shot blocking ability would play well with Monroe's game.

Stronger Josh Smith is a great comparison. With a better outside shot(and smarter as far as when to take them). Monroe and Williams would be a tough combination for teams to deal with

Josh Smith has always been a very good shot blocker, Williams has yet to show that skill. Although Monroe/Williams would be a tough tandem on offensive, it's hard to build a good defense (particularly post-handcheck rules) without at least one good help defender. I wouldn't hesitate to pick Williams #2 but if Irving stays in he's still my top choice.

Two of Derrick Williams' best highlights this year were blocks. Game saving blocks if I remember correctly.

Report: Irving leaning towards entering draft - CBSSports.com

Report: Irving leaning towards entering draft

Kyrie Irving had a great season for Duke. That you can say that considering he missed almost the entirety of the season with a foot injury shows you just how good he was. When Irving returned for the NCAA tournament, there was concerned he would be rusty. Instead, he was his usual brilliant self. Duke's early exit from the tournament thanks to Derrick Williams and company for Arizona was the only thing stopping a fairytale story. But having missed so much of the season, would Irving want to wait to assure himself the top pick? Would the likely lockout prevent him from making the jump to the pros this soon?

Apparently not.

ESPN reports that Irving is "leaning strongly toward declaring for the NBA Draft." With Jared Sullinger stating publicly and emphatically that he's returning to Ohio State, it would pretty much be down to a two-man race for the No. 1 overall pick in the draft. From there it would really just end up as a question of need for the team in the top spot.

The lockout complicates matters here. If Irving does declare, he'll be drafted before the current CBA expires, but will not have his contract negotiated until after the lockout. So the question of whether he'll be under current or new salary structures for rookies is unclear. An interesting note, however. NBA players are paid on various calendars, but in most cases, rookies don't receive their first check until November. So should a lockout extend for six months, say until the beginning of 2012, Irving would only really lose two paychecks in that scenario, as opposed to six.

Irving has the complete package. Prior to the summer of 2010, Brandon Knight was considered the top freshman point guard and expected top overall pick. But Irving absolutely exploded in summer play, and then showed even more on the national stage at Duke. He's at an elite level in terms of touch, speed, agility, handle, and play-making ability. He doesn't have John Wall's vision, but he has a better jump shot to start. He's a total package, provided that his foot checks out after a physical.

Should the Cavaliers land the top spot based off what will be the worst record in the league, it's easy to see them passing on Irving. Not only do they have salary tied into Baron Davis and Ramon Sessions, but going for a big is the more traditional route. The Kings, however, would likely love to find Irving available. That scenario could lead to Tyreke Evans moving to small forward, creating a devastating lineup of Irving, Marcus Thornton, and Evans, with DeMarcus Cousins down low. That's Thunder 2008 stuff.

Irving could still decide to return next season, should his foot have issues, draft evaluations come back lower than expected, or Coach K pulls some Magic, again. But with Austin Rivers as widely acclaimed entering the season, the logical choice is to make the jump, take the money now, and ensure a high pick. Irving looks every bit the next NBA star.

So our choices in this draft are to:

Get lucky and a top 3 pick = Irving, Williams, or Valanciunas.

Or at #7, hope Brandon Knight falls to us, or Perry Jones, or... ???

Twitter

Harrison Barnes commits to "work left to be done" at NC Tells family and friends wants and feel Heels can move forward and " win a title "

Not sure who that guy is. I read he was also the first to break the news Barnes was going to UNC. I guess the official announcement is Tuesday.

I hope these kids really enjoy the college life. If they actually think they need to come back and get paid $0 for another year because there is "work left to be done" then I don't know. College sports are just a glorified minor league except its everyone but the student-athletes getting paid (legitimately..) so I see coming back for another year when you're a lottery pick as giving up a lot of cash personally and transferring it to old people around the UNC program.

I hope these kids really enjoy the college life. If they actually think they need to come back and get paid $0 for another year because there is "work left to be done" then I don't know. College sports are just a glorified minor league except its everyone but the student-athletes getting paid (legitimately..) so I see coming back for another year when you're a lottery pick as giving up a lot of cash personally and transferring it to old people around the UNC program.

1. UNC is going to have talented players and is going to make money regardless

2. He is getting free education and free room and board. Even if he doesnt graduate, he will still have another year of college done so he can return and finish quicker if his basketball career fails. Heck, even Rasheed Wallace went back to school and finished his degree. Its not like college athletes get nothing

3. Why wouldnt you want to stay in college? Do you remember how fun college was?

Twitter

RT @AlexKennedyNBA: Josh Selby will enter the NBA Draft and hire an agent. He's currently working out at Impact Basketball in Las Vegas.

Smart move on one hand if all of these guys end up staying. He'll get picked higher I guess. Don't think it'll benefit him in the long run though. His game needs a lot of work. It'd probably benefit him to get drafted by a good team (20-30 range) and not play right away.

Kemba Walker Hints At Return To UConn - RealGM Wiretap

Kemba Walker Hints At Return To UConn

Kemba Walker sounds like he may return to Connecticut.

The most candid answer he gave came Sunday when he said, "If I'm in the right situation, I'll have to take my chances."

UConn coach Jim Calhoun said that Walker told him long ago that he plans to return and jokes that "I'm holding him to it." But the possibility is real.

"Everyone's got the assumption that I'm leaving," Walker said. "Everybody says, 'Oh, he had his Senior Night already and he's graduating early,' but that's not even the case. I just want to get (class work) over with because if I was able to come back, I would have maybe one class. . . . I don't see why people make those assumptions."

Walker was asked Sunday whether there would be anything left to accomplish if the Huskies captured the title.

"Yes, if we win a national championship, I'm thinking back-to-back," he said. "We'll have a great team. We'll have the same team, actually. If I could get back to this point again, it would be fun. These guys are like my brothers."

Barnes, Henson Close To Decisions On Draft - RealGM Wiretap

Barnes, Henson Close To Decisions On Draft

North Carolina freshman guard Harrison Barnes is nearing a decision about whether to enter the NBA draft.

Barnes is weighing his options, as is teammate John Henson.

“It’s something for them to watch and still see there’s basketball and that we aren’t going anywhere,” Henson said, then paused. “I mean, that we’re not going anywhere right now.”

Henson, a projected lottery pick in the 2011NBA Draft, said he’ll have a decision on his plans for next year by Saturday. Teammate Harrison Barnes, who is all but guaranteed a top-five pick in the draft, will have fans wait just a few days longer.

“It’ll probably be in at least a week, week and a half or so,” Barnes said.

The deadline for early entry into the draft is April 24.

Irving Weighing Options In Regards To Draft - RealGM Wiretap

Irving Weighing Options In Regards To Draft

Kyrie Irving spent the weekend at home in New Jersey but isn't ready to say whether he's returning to play for Duke next season.

Considered the No. 1 prospect for this summer's NBA draft, Irving said via Twitter on Monday that he needs more time to decide if he's turning pro.

"I'll have my decision made up in the next week or so," Irving posted on Monday around 4:30 p.m.

Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski has said he will support whatever decision Irving makes.