Deleterious

2011 NBA Draft

He'd be a small 2, I don't think he will be able to get his shot off in the NBA very well, he's less athletic and shorter then Reddick. Probably won't be able to guard anybody either, they hide him in their defense.

less athletic than REddick? No way. Jimmer is going to play in this league. He's significantly better than Reddick as a prospect. He gets his own shot and he can use his strength to help him defend. Great feet too. He reminds me of Ben Gordon a lot more than Reddick and he went pretty high.

I have to say I am intrigued by Nolan Smith. I know he is a combo guard but I also realize that is probably the direction we are going to have to go unless we win the lottery and get Irving. Not a lottery pick though.

He has a great work ethic. He might make himself into a PG, kinda like Chauncey. You also have to keep an eye on Brandon Knight for sure.

He has a great work ethic. He might make himself into a PG, kinda like Chauncey. You also have to keep an eye on Brandon Knight for sure.

Liked what I saw of Knight. He can score. Seems like he has a propensity to turn the ball over pretty often, though. Gonna have to change that. Guys like him are a dime a dozen in the NBA otherwise. 6'4 combo guards who can score..

No need to rush a PG pick on another crappy combo guard. Odds are Stuckey is back at least 1 more season. While he isn't ideal, he will do until a true PG is found.

That's a pretty negative assessment of Monroe. He's very skilled and I think he'll be a guy who can run the high post for you if not be a dump down to the low block type. He's been a good rebounder and defender for us this year too, much more active defensively than I thought.

It sounds more negative than it is. I said he was not a "great defender" which he is not, he can be average or better, though he does have quick hands. I said he was not a "great D rebounder" which he is not, he loses a lot of battles yet, but he is not that bad at it. He does a couple things real well, but he is limited. I have no doubt that he will be a double-double guy. But so is Love, and that team sucks. We need a few complimentary skill sets to pair with Monroe. A guy who can score down low off more than set ups and put backs is top of my list.

I like Monroe, but I don't think we should pass on certain PF or C types because of him. I like the idea of a 3 man frontcourt rotation where all 3 guys are probably not stars, but all do something useful.

Twitter

When its all said and done, I'm not sure a GM can afford to draft Kanter in top-10 w/how little we actually know about him? He has no resume

Jimmer is without question a better prospect than Reddick was. And no way Reddick is more athletic, Reddick is taller, thats it.

I do think Jimmer will be able to translate to the NBA game, the guy can flat out score.

Source: Barnes Leaning Toward Staying At North Carolina - RealGM Wiretap

Source: Barnes Leaning Toward Staying At North Carolina

Harrison Barnes is a top NBA prospect. Most NBA draft outlets have him pegged as a top five pick.

With those kind of projections, you'd think the 6-foot-8 small forward would be a lock to come out. Not so, according to ESPN.com’s Chad Ford.

Barnes would like to win an NCAA championship for the Tar Heels before declaring for the draft, a source told Ford.

"He's the sort of guy who cares about more than just going to the NBA," the source said. "He wants to leave his mark."

Via Chad Ford/ESPN.com

I like Monroe, but I don't think we should pass on certain PF or C types because of him. I like the idea of a 3 man frontcourt rotation where all 3 guys are probably not stars, but all do something useful.

Yah, I hear what you're saying. I wouldn't pass on a guy like Sullinger for the record. I'd love his game on this team. I'm also not that big on Henson. He can be an effective player no doubt, as he can run the floor, defend the rim and the pick and roll, rebound and at least score off garbage for you. However, he's not a starter long term IMO. 3rd big, energy type.

I think this would be a great decision for him. I think with the type of lead dog role he will play in the NBA he could use a little more seasoning. He is a fantastic talent, but he hasn't learned how to put the whole package together just yet. I'm not saying he can't go to the NBA right now by any means, but long term he'd probably have a better chance of being a superstar rather than a star if he stayed in school a year.

nonsense. How long has it been since HS kids were being drafted, 5 years? After he goes through workouts his position will be solid. A talented big, in a draft devoid of them, isn't going to fall far. If teams just don't think he's good, that's one thing, but not enough resume? No way.

nonsense. How long has it been since HS kids were being drafted, 5 years? After he goes through workouts his position will be solid. A talented big, in a draft devoid of them, isn't going to fall far. If teams just don't think he's good, that's one thing, but not enough resume? No way.

What is his resume the last 2 years? 1 game at the Nike Hoop Summit?

List his resume for me the past 2 years if you could, I cant find any info on him playing organized ball the past 2 years.

Sullinger Leaning Towards Staying At Ohio State For Sophomore Season? - RealGM Wiretap

Sullinger Leaning Towards Staying At Ohio State For Sophomore Season?

Despite the prevailing thought that Jared Sullinger's first season Ohio State will also be his last before going to the NBA, his father James "Satch" Sullinger maintains that his son won't declare for the 2011 NBA Draft.

"Jared isn't ready to leave school quite yet," Satch said. "He's having too much fun."

Via FoxSportsOhio

I'm pretty sure Oden said this too. I'm not buying it on Barnes or Sullinger in the end. Sullinger's more likely to stay probably though.

I wouldn't take Jimmer with a 2nd round pick. We've seen this all before. How is he any different than Adam Morrison or Gordon Hayward?

With the 3rd pick there are a ridiculous amount of options. I'd flip a coin over Kemba or Derrick Williams.

Well he's a G for one. Like someone said, how is he different than Curry(I personally think Curry's a little quicker and a better passer, but as a scorer they are similar). Reddick has made it and Fredette is the better prospect of those 2. Like I have said, he is most similar to Ben Gordon at this point.

Kemba at 3? I've never laughed so hard. I'd much rather have Jimmer than Kemba. Have you ever in your life seen a successful team with a guy like Kemba as a starter? Ever?

What is his resume the last 2 years? 1 game at the Nike Hoop Summit?

List his resume for me the past 2 years if you could, I cant find any info on him playing organized ball the past 2 years.

Did I say he had a resume? He did have the Nike game(all time record, breaking Dirk's record) as well as as being MVP of the under 18 FIBA Championships in 09. Wasn't my point by any means though. The kid was a 5 star prospect. He's 6'11, strong and skilled. Could he still fail? Sure. Is he unproven against top talent? Absolutely. However, teams will draft talent, especially talented bigs. They were drafting HS kids as of not too long ago. He didn't play a ton in Euroleague, but when he did play he was impressive.

Did I say he had a resume? He did have the Nike game(all time record, breaking Dirk's record) as well as as being MVP of the under 18 FIBA Championships in 09. Wasn't my point by any means though. The kid was a 5 star prospect. He's 6'11, strong and skilled. Could he still fail? Sure. Is he unproven against top talent? Absolutely. However, teams will draft talent, especially talented bigs. They were drafting HS kids as of not too long ago. He didn't play a ton in Euroleague, but when he did play he was impressive.

Yeah, that was the most impressive 2 points per game ever scored :ponder:

Yeah, that was the most impressive 2 points per game ever scored :ponder:

This isn't about me defending Kanter as a prospect.

Howver, he did average 18 and 16 in 9 games in the U18 Euro championships.

This isn't about me defending Kanter as a prospect.

Howver, he did average 18 and 16 in 9 games in the U18 Euro championships.

I have no problem with Kanter as a prospect. He might be good and he might suck. I have never seen him play and couldn't pick him out of a group of 2 people.

I was just busting your balls about the Euroleague comment is all. No harm.

No prob, its all good. FTR, if we have teh chance, I hope we take him. Could be another Darko situation, but man we need to gamble on a talented big if given the chance.