Deleterious

2011 NBA Draft

I just think that's his role on that team. Realistically, he's the only legitimate scorer on that team. I like him and I think he'll be a good point guard in the NBA. I'm sure we won't have to worry about the Pistons drafting him though. Joe likes big guards, Kemba doesn't qualify.

His role on the Pistons could be pretty damn close to what is now though couldn't it?

Stuckey, our leading scorer (insert laughs here), turned down a deal before the deadline & will now be a restricted FA at the end of the year. I know Joe loves him & all, but I just don't see how he's worth it.

Tayshaun is another toss up when it comes down to be back or not. Again, Joe has said he wants to bring him back, but in out current state, I wouldn't be shocked to see him go elsewhere.

Rip will be in the last year of his contract. We might not have been able to get rid of him last year, but I have to assume we'd be able to trade away his huge expiring contract next year.

So who's that leave us? A streaky BG & an overpaid CV, along with Monroe? Basically nobody who be counted on as a legitimate scorer.

He might not be the traditional big guard that Joe D likes, but depending on where we end up, he still might be the best choice. Only reason I take him completely off the board for us, is if they re-sign Stuckey, which I think would be a big mistake. We'd end up wasting money (shocker) on a guy who is basically a bigger, worse overall shooting version of Kemba.

Kemba Walker is more athletic than I thought he was. He is not an ideal point guard because his forte is scoring. But the chances the Pistons find a good point guard this offseason are slim to none anyways. Most of the point guards with NBA potential coming out of college now are combo guards and we will probably have to replace Stuckey with another combo guard...just one that is more productive and can shoot.

I would definitely throw Walker's name into the mix if we were are picking in that 6-8 range.

Standings through 3/11.

Another New Jersey win. Last 2 were without Williams, so thats big.

Indiana and Charlotte are now tied for 8th in the EC. So we have 15 teams on the list today.

Full Size

SK0yd.png

I wouldn't touch Kemba with a 10 foot pole. He's just not a useful NBA player IMO. He's only helpful if he's completely ball dominant and in score first mode. That simply does not lead to wins in the NBA. He'll give you a highlight here and there, but basically, he's Earl Boykins with better height IMO

I wouldn't touch Kemba with a 10 foot pole. He's just not a useful NBA player IMO. He's only helpful if he's completely ball dominant and in score first mode. That simply does not lead to wins in the NBA. He'll give you a highlight here and there, but basically, he's Earl Boykins with better height IMO

Again, I'd argue that it is a product of his role on that team. That's what he's expected to do and he's done it very, very well for the most part. Even going back to last season, he was more of a facilitator who deferred to Jerome Dyson. Dyson graduated and he had to step up his scoring for his team to stay successful. I agree with Hart, if we're picking 6-8 and he's there, we'll definitely have to take a long look at him. There aren't any quality FA PGs out there, so that isn't really an option. Kemba might end up being our best bet.

Edited by tigerkid23

Pistons may win the lottery though, NBA is funny like that. The draft is weak except for SF's, which the Pistons don't need. Two Euro big guys Jonas V something and Enes Kanter and Irving are about all else there is. Perry Jones probably would be there too, he might be a good fit next to Monroe, but he's probably a project at the NBA level.

Pistons may win the lottery though, NBA is funny like that. The draft is weak except for SF's, which the Pistons don't need. Two Euro big guys Jonas V something and Enes Kanter and Irving are about all else there is.

I wouldn't mind ending up with a high upside player like the Joneses and Barnes to be honest. I don't think we have no need for SFs though. Prince will be gone, Jerebko is a 4, and Daye isn't a sure thing by any stretch.

I don't know a ton about Kanter or Valanciunas, but everything I've read about Kanter suggests he wouldn't really be a complement to Monroe. Valanciunas's length is intriguing, but I've heard he's very raw. Ideally, I'd like an athletic shot blocker playing next to Monroe. Dream situation for me in this draft would be Irving (duh). He would change everything.

Standings through 3/12.

Another good night for the Pistons lottery odds. Milwaukee and the Clippers both won last night.

Full size

b1aCv.png

Even a bump up to the 6th spot would make me happy.

I wouldn't mind ending up with a high upside player like the Joneses and Barnes to be honest. I don't think we have no need for SFs though. Prince will be gone, Jerebko is a 4, and Daye isn't a sure thing by any stretch.

I don't know a ton about Kanter or Valanciunas, but everything I've read about Kanter suggests he wouldn't really be a complement to Monroe. Valanciunas's length is intriguing, but I've heard he's very raw. Ideally, I'd like an athletic shot blocker playing next to Monroe. Dream situation for me in this draft would be Irving (duh). He would change everything.

Barnes is an interesting prospect. If he has a big tourney, he could easily end up as a top three player in this draft and challenge Irving for the top spot.

This is just my take on Barnes, But I want to know what Barnes can do that warrants a top 5 pick.

Is he a facilitator? Not really.

Is he an elite level athlete? I don't see the strength, I don't see any "Wow" in his athelticsm, Terrance Jones OTOH, I see it in him. Barnes is certainly more orthodox than Jones, but he is not a freak.

Can he shoot? Yes, he can shoot and probably find a niche next level, but I don't see a 20+ ppg player. I don't see Danny Granger in him, I don't see Tracy McGrady in him, I don't see Star in him at all.

Even if he scored 20 a game at UNC all year long, I still don't see that translating to the NBA with what he does and how he does it.

NBA Exec: If Sullinger Was 6-11, He’d Be No. 1 Pick - RealGM Wiretap

NBA Exec: If Sullinger Was 6-11, He’d Be No. 1 Pick

Ohio State lists Jared Sullinger at 6-9, but one NBA executive estimates he’s closer to “6-7 1/2.”

Another front-office executive told Fox Sports Ohio that if Sullinger was 6-11, he’d be the No. 1 pick in the draft.

If he makes himself available for the draft, Sullinger will be poked, prodded, and measured by NBA officials. His actual size without shoes and with shoes could sway some teams in the draft.

Chad Ford is on the new Bill Simmons podcast. I havent listened yet, but I am reading some comments on Twitter. Ford talks about how Kyrie Irving wont be an elite-level PG and wont be an all star.

Standings through 3/14.

Another huge win from the Nets last night against Boston. New Jersey now has 1 less win than Detroit with 2 games in hand. Pistons have a must lose game against Toronto on Wednesday night.

Full Size

CvmHF.png

This is just my take on Barnes, But I want to know what Barnes can do that warrants a top 5 pick.

Is he a facilitator? Not really.

Is he an elite level athlete? I don't see the strength, I don't see any "Wow" in his athelticsm, Terrance Jones OTOH, I see it in him. Barnes is certainly more orthodox than Jones, but he is not a freak.

Can he shoot? Yes, he can shoot and probably find a niche next level, but I don't see a 20+ ppg player. I don't see Danny Granger in him, I don't see Tracy McGrady in him, I don't see Star in him at all.

Even if he scored 20 a game at UNC all year long, I still don't see that translating to the NBA with what he does and how he does it.

I think Barnes will show off his skill even more at the NBA level, where the game is a little more open. The kid just dropped 40 in an ACC tourney game, which is a pretty rare occurence. He's a very good athlete, very well rounded and has a great basketball IQ. Great shooting range too. I think young Mcgrady is a very good comparison. He's a much better playmaker than Granger

I'm a huge Kanter fan fwiw. He's very skilled in the post and he's also very tough and physical. He can defend and score at the 5 spot in the NBA if you ask me. He and Monroe wouldn't be the most athletic frontcourt, but I'll take it. Beat em down like the Lakers do.

Edited by Nastradamus

I called for the Lions to tank and was told that I needed a shrink. Is it wrong that I want the Pistons to stake out a high draft spot as opposed to a couple more wins for the rest of the season? Let's say the Piston's lowered the bar a little and went 3-12 for the rest of the season, would that really be such an unforgivable act? Am I a bad person for cheering for that? That kind of play could have them picking has high as fourth in my estimation; a pick that could have them landing Sullinger to compliment Monroe up front or if luck was wearing Red & Blue that evening a stab at trading up for or maybe even selecting Irving.

I called for the Lions to tank and was told that I needed a shrink. Is it wrong that I want the Pistons to stake out a high draft spot as opposed to a couple more wins for the rest of the season? Let's say the Piston's lowered the bar a little and went 3-12 for the rest of the season, would that really be such an unforgivable act? Am I a bad person for cheering for that? That kind of play could have them picking has high as fourth in my estimation; a pick that could have them landing Sullinger to compliment Monroe up front or if luck was wearing Red & Blue that evening a stab at trading up for or maybe even selecting Irving.

Football and basketball are two different sports. One player means everything in basketball, not so in football. The Lions need quality depth players, not another rookie top 2 pick taking up 1/3 of their salary cap. The Lions are on their way up, the Pistons are one their way down.

All of that was explained to you before.

Besides, no point in tanking this year because the draft sucks. Also, the Pistons don't have to try to tank, they're just going to get beat because they suck.

The draft may suck(though I find it unlikely, at worst it compares to last year), but either way, it has the elite guys at the top that would be worth it. Barnes and Irving will be superstars and Kanter is going to be a very good C in this league. Beyond that, some good players are emerging

Derrick Williams, P.Jones, Sullinger,Henson,Terrance Jones, the Morris twins, Valanciunas,Montejunias,Kawhi Leonard,Kemba Walker. That's a pretty solid lottery grouping IMO. Similar to your average year at least. Sure, there are flaws with all of them, but thats the way it typically goes. Guys like Plumlee, Jajuan Johnson,Brandon Knight,Jimmer and Jordan Hamilton could move up amonst others too.

The draft may suck(though I find it unlikely, at worst it compares to last year), but either way, it has the elite guys at the top that would be worth it. Barnes and Irving will be superstars and Kanter is going to be a very good C in this league. Beyond that, some good players are emerging

Derrick Williams, P.Jones, Sullinger,Henson,Terrance Jones, the Morris twins, Valanciunas,Montejunias,Kawhi Leonard,Kemba Walker. That's a pretty solid lottery grouping IMO. Similar to your average year at least. Sure, there are flaws with all of them, but thats the way it typically goes. Guys like Plumlee, Jajuan Johnson,Brandon Knight,Jimmer and Jordan Hamilton could move up amonst others too.

If Kyrie declares where do you think he gets drafted?

If Kyrie declares where do you think he gets drafted?

Top 2, only barnes may pass him and it will have to be a team that already has a PG most likely. However, I hear some have downgraded him likely. Hopefully he plays in the tourney so we can see a little more of him. He seems like a Paul/Rose hybrid to me though.