Deleterious

2011 NBA Draft

Yeah, as a Piston fan I am not worried about the weak draft stuff. There are good enough prospects in the top 20 to be had. Sure, there is no one guy that has "best player on a championship team" written next to his name, but it sure looks comparable to last years at least. I would love either Derrick Williams or Terrance Jones on this team.

Last year when we felt "lucky" that GS passed on Monroe so we did not get stuck with *insert future busts name* here, it didn't really turn out that way. Ed Davis would have been fine on this team, and almost all of us disliked the idea of him predraft. Heck, EVERYBODY (sans me) hated Aminu, and now he is a clear cut HOF type player already.

I think Irving is in that category of best player on a championship team. As far as point guards go over the last 10 years, I would put him second to Chris Paul.

Outside of Irving, I think there are a few guys that could end up franchise players but it is unlikely to happen...kind of like Favors last year. I would put Perry Jones, Harrison Barnes, and possibly one or two of the European players.

Standings through 3/6.

JWg3z.png

Just gotta hold off the Clips and the Bucks for that 7th spot. I've been seeing a lot of mocks that have us taking Kemba Walker. Please no.

Yeah, as a Piston fan I am not worried about the weak draft stuff. There are good enough prospects in the top 20 to be had. Sure, there is no one guy that has "best player on a championship team" written next to his name, but it sure looks comparable to last years at least. I would love either Derrick Williams or Terrance Jones on this team.

Last year when we felt "lucky" that GS passed on Monroe so we did not get stuck with *insert future busts name* here, it didn't really turn out that way. Ed Davis would have been fine on this team, and almost all of us disliked the idea of him predraft. Heck, EVERYBODY (sans me) hated Aminu, and now he is a clear cut HOF type player already.

Aminu as a clear cut HOF type player? Am I missing something here

Standings through 3/7. I am cropping the image a bit so it fits on the screen without people having to scroll. If you want a slightly larger version to read, click the link and a slightly larger one will open. Its only about 150 pixels bigger.

Full size

kcQjv.png

I think Kemba Walker might end up being one of the better players from this draft. I wouldn't mind him on the Pistons... as long as Stuckey is somewhere else.

I think Kemba Walker might end up being one of the better players from this draft. I wouldn't mind him on the Pistons... as long as Stuckey is somewhere else.

meh. high volume shooter that only shoots 40 percent from the floor and 35 percent from three. needs the ball to be effective. he's a worse brandon jennings. so many 5-15 3-14 7-22 10-28 shooting nights since the first 8 or so games.

meh. high volume shooter that only shoots 40 percent from the floor and 35 percent from three. needs the ball to be effective. he's a worse brandon jennings. so many 5-15 3-14 7-22 10-28 shooting nights since the first 8 or so games.

Agreed. Too small (we can't possibly pair him with Ben Gordon) and too agressive of a shooter. Might as well keep Stuckey and his size over Walker.

I mean, I'd rather have Derrick Williams. But I definitely think Walker is a better option moving forward than Stuckey.

Probably just hoping the grass is greener...

Hey D, you see Monroe go 2nd in Chad Ford's re-draft? Just had to throw that out there. It was kind of poorly done overall to be honest though.

Hey D, you see Monroe go 2nd in Chad Ford's re-draft? Just had to throw that out there. It was kind of poorly done overall to be honest though.

You didn't need your 3rd sentence after you wrote the first one.

I think Monroe has been a little better than originally expected this season. Got to hang your hat on something this season.

I think Monroe has been a little better than originally expected this season. Got to hang your hat on something this season.

Without a doubt he has been.

Where the Pistons picked and the players available to them at that spot, he was a great pick.

Thank you Golden State for being stupid and taking Udoh.

I think it was Thorpe who did that. Cousins still goes ahead of Monroe in my book

And Ford is not that bad.

Thank you Golden State for being stupid and taking Udoh.

I don't know much about NBA draft stuff, but this pick seemed kind of weird and I was glad that they took Udoh before Monroe.

Yah, it was kinda like GS overcompensated to try to address the fact that they are always horrible defensively. That said, Udoh will probably be pretty solid. He can rebound, play team defense and block shots. Not much offensively, but he isn't a black hole either. They should have taken Monroe and not signed Lee probably(and kept Randolph by virtue of this), but Udoh isn't as bad as he appears right nwo.

I think it was Thorpe who did that. Cousins still goes ahead of Monroe in my book

And Ford is not that bad.

Yah my bad. I agree that Ford is not that bad. he gets good info quite often.

I'm not sure that Cousins is a surefire #2 pick though. Man is he a headache, I'm not sure you can win with him. Monroe seems to embrace defense and team play.

Any difference of opinion on Kemba Walker in the past few days? He's been stepping up pretty big in what seem to be the biggest games of the year for UConn.

Yeah, he's been called undersized & a low percentage, high volume shooter, but I can't help but say he's been showing that he has the ability to step up & change games.

Any difference of opinion on Kemba Walker in the past few days? He's been stepping up pretty big in what seem to be the biggest games of the year for UConn.

Yeah, he's been called undersized & a low percentage, high volume shooter, but I can't help but say he's been showing that he has the ability to step up & change games.

I just think that's his role on that team. Realistically, he's the only legitimate scorer on that team. I like him and I think he'll be a good point guard in the NBA. I'm sure we won't have to worry about the Pistons drafting him though. Joe likes big guards, Kemba doesn't qualify.