Deleterious

2011 NBA Draft

I don't think he's a pure PG, but does he make his teammates better, I think yes. He collapses the D and is decent at making plays at that point. He gives you 5 assists with a decent A/TO ratio. Putting his head down and attacking the basket is what we ask him to do for christ's sake. I am NOT saying he's good as these guys, but I could easily say Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook are guys who can't shoot, don't make their teammates better and put their head down, attack the basket and pray for a foul. I'd argue that we have long been dying for a guy like that. Not everyone has to play like Steve Nash. Just because Stuckey is not a jump shooter people want to label him as a guy who doesn't get his poitns within the offense. He does exactly what the play called for him requires.

and the stuff about him not being a good defender or not being big enough for a SG, that's just pure nonsense. He isn't ideal to guard ultra quick PGs, true, but without any help from team D, espeically his bigs, its hard to look good. D.Rose can beat anyone one on one off the dribble, except maybe Lebron, lol. I'll take Stuckey guarding any SG in this league though. Not saying he's going to straight shut everyoen down, but he'll more than hold his own.

I'm not labelling him some superstar, but just because he's not what we might have expected doesn't mean he can't play. He's a better player than say, George Hill who just went for the 15th pick(a top 10 player who fell too) and a 2nd.

We just cant agree here. In no way, not one aspect, do I think Stuckey makes his teammates better. Yes, Stuckey does draw defensives into the paint, but he doesnt find the open guy, he throws up a wild shot and charges his defender. Rose obviously makes his team better in every way imaginable, so I dont know where you are going there.

I have never watched stuckey play and thought, his teammates were better for it. We watched McGrady limp around and make his teammates better with one knee.

As I always tell me buddies: Stuckey F'n blows.

Great, I get to take on all the Stuckey zealots by myself.

lol at "zealots". There has not been a single person who has posted here and said Stuckey is a great player, a good point guard or the building block for this team. The point is he is a guy with some skills that if utilized properly could be a good benefit for this team.

My problem with Stuckey is not his playstyle it is his low efficiency. If Stuckey shot 48% and 35% from 3pt his playmaking or lack thereof would not remotely be an issue.

lol at "zealots". There has not been a single person who has posted here and said Stuckey is a great player, a good point guard or the building block for this team. The point is he is a guy with some skills that if utilized properly could be a good benefit for this team.

:grin:, its always nice to use hyperbole to drive home a point!

And I think Stuckey could benefit an NBA team, just not the Detroit Pistons. He shouldnt start for anyone in the league, but his ego is too big to be a bench player in Detroit.

Knight has requested to wear #0. Macklin requested #20 but its unknown what D-League uniform that will go on.

Come on, don't derail my happy train about Macklin! I think he's going to be a nice surprise. Hope, anyway.

We just cant agree here. In no way, not one aspect, do I think Stuckey makes his teammates better. Yes, Stuckey does draw defensives into the paint, but he doesnt find the open guy, he throws up a wild shot and charges his defender. Rose obviously makes his team better in every way imaginable, so I dont know where you are going there.

I have never watched stuckey play and thought, his teammates were better for it. We watched McGrady limp around and make his teammates better with one knee.

As I always tell me buddies: Stuckey F'n blows.

The facts simply don't back up that he doesn't find open teammates. I never said he was Steve Nash or close.

Again, I am absolutely not putting Stuckey near Rose's class. He's a star. However, the statement that he makes his teammates better in every way, I find that laughable. Luckily, he was on a team that was great as a TEAM, similar to the Pistons a few years ago ,due to their depth, defense, rebounding and cohesiveness offensively. He was asked to do no more than be a volume scorer, which he excels at. However, in the playoffs, that just didn't cut it. He couldn't find an open teammate to save his life nor could he help his team in any other way, like Lebron did when his offense wasn't going strong.

I am not here to downgrade Derrick Rose. He had an amazing(though not an MVP) caliber season. However, he's a lot more Monta Elliss than Dwayne Wade.

If you don't want a slashing/scoring type on the team because you consider that a blackhole, I get it, but Stuckey is doing what he is asked to do and in being able to do so, is the type of player many teams are looking for. Constantly. I'd sure like to see him improve his outside shooting, but otherwise I'm good with his game.

Come on, don't derail my happy train about Macklin! I think he's going to be a nice surprise. Hope, anyway.

I actually kind of agree. I mean, I don't expect much from Mackllin and he may dissapear, but he's the kind of guy I'm cool with taking at that piont. I like his size, toughness and post ability on both ends. He's raw and needs to be more focused though.

I think Stuckey could be good off the bench... but not in Detroit. His time has run out. I'd really like to see Gordon starting next to Knight and bring Rip off the bench if Dumars can't trade him (I'm very skeptical).

At this point, just letting Stuckey and Prince walk would be a good start. I'm skeptical that Dumars can make any significant upgrades via trade and I wouldn't be surprised to see absolutely nothing done in that regard. Frankly, I'd like to see a 28-54 season so they can get a nice pick in next year's absolutely loaded draft. So running with the group they have minus Tay & Stuckey would probably get that accomplished.

People need to stop looking at Stuckey for what he is not and look at him for what he is. Even if he done getting better, which I don't believe to be the case, he is still a solid player. I would say a good comparison for Stuckey is Kyle Lowry and I know he has been mentioned on this board several times as a player that would fit well here.

At this point, just letting Stuckey and Prince walk would be a good start. I'm skeptical that Dumars can make any significant upgrades via trade and I wouldn't be surprised to see absolutely nothing done in that regard. Frankly, I'd like to see a 28-54 season so they can get a nice pick in next year's absolutely loaded draft. So running with the group they have minus Tay & Stuckey would probably get that accomplished.

Man, I hate rooting against my teams, but tanking for a season or two seems to be the best path for future success. Would love for a chance at Sullinger in next offseason's draft.

Man, I hate rooting against my teams, but tanking for a season or two seems to be the best path for future success. Would love for a chance at Sullinger in next offseason's draft.

Stuckey is definitely going to be back. They are still going to suck next year though, and will still end up with a top 8 back. I'd like to see them sign Greg Oden. He is worth the risk

Some pretty good players on this list of the top undrafted players. The late 2nd round of the NBA draft seems to be where teams reach with the high risk, hish reward foreign players rather than the solid 4 year contributor at the NCAA level.

Ben Hansbrough headlines list of best undrafted college players - The Dagger - NCAABBlog - Yahoo! Sports

Gores seems to me to be the type of guy tp take a high risk-reward swing with Oden

Hate the Duke guy pick...shoulda been Benson...they desperately need a rim protector/weak side shot blocker, not another guy who can't crack the SF rotation

Like Macklin....better player than Max I bet....

Stuckey will likely stay but sign and trade w him would be great. Tay too. Rip can be cut loose for a bag of balls...Charlie V hopefully tries to go to hollywood to do that dude on Stargate's role...anything to get him off the team....

Tay and Stuckey for Rudy Gay?

Tanking is fine w me...Barnes Jones or Sully...gotta have....

Hate the Duke guy pick...shoulda been Benson......

Tell me about it.

I sure hope that doesn't bite them in the rear-end...

I like the Singler pick. He is a classic small forward who does a lot of things well and has a toughness to his game. The obvious draw back is he is a below average athlete by NBA standards. But I will still take him any day of the week over Austin Daye at small forward.

The Pistons do need a shot blocker in the worst way but I have such low confidence in Benson's future prospects that I am glad we did not pick him.

I like the Singler pick. He is a classic small forward who does a lot of things well and has a toughness to his game. The obvious draw back is he is a below average athlete by NBA standards. But I will still take him any day of the week over Austin Daye at small forward.

The Pistons do need a shot blocker in the worst way but I have such low confidence in Benson's future prospects that I am glad we did not pick him.

Why? The Singler pick might have been one of the worst picks Dumars has made, he SUCKS. He's a SF that can't shoot, he doesn't have enough Athleticism for good college teams, let alone the NBA. Jerebko's bigger/taller/faster and younger then he is. Why didn't they take Leuer, at least he's 7'0 and can shoot, anyways it was a wasted effort seemed like a throwaway pick, not a typical Dumars type pick, he usually picks athletes at least. Dajuan Summers is way better then Singler, and he will be cut loose.

I like the Knight pick, Maclin was good value, but Singler just sucks.

Why? The Singler pick might have been one of the worst picks Dumars has made, he SUCKS. He's a SF that can't shoot, he doesn't have enough Athleticism for good college teams, let alone the NBA. Jerebko's bigger/taller/faster and younger then he is. Why didn't they take Leuer, at least he's 7'0 and can shoot, anyways it was a wasted effort seemed like a throwaway pick, not a typical Dumars type pick, he usually picks athletes at least. Dajuan Summers is way better then Singler, and he will be cut loose.

LOL. A 2nd round pick in a remarkably weak draft is the worst Joe D pick ever? That has to be a joke.

You guys act like we passed on a sure thing in Benson. The guy is going to be abused in the NBA by guys, he is a toothpick with no lower body strength (I've seen him in person- he is not a force, and I don't think he will ever be a serviceable NBA player).

Wow this seems like the start of a huge story.

....and Bismack is 18, honest.

What a serious lack of scouting by the TWolves. That is just an awful organization.

Can't agree with that. Singler does need to improve his shooting(he shot near 40% in his soph and junior years before a very cold senior season where he dropped to 32), but he has a very well rounded game. Great basketball IQ and toughness, rebounds his position, excellent passer. I'd be shocked if he doesn't have an NBA career and I think getting an NBA player at 33. Singler's a worker and a winner IMO, plus I think he'll end up being a guy who can knock down those open 3s. He can be my 10th man any day.

Benson is a guy I go back and forth on, he may have an NBA career, but his upside is 4th big man, I'm not concerned about passing on him. I did want Honeycutt more than him and Leuer could be a steal, but I'm guessing they saw something in Singler they liked. Too often teams take the homerun swing on late 1st and 2nd round prospects when they should take the college senior who is proven and will produce

Singler was a projected mid first round pick at various times in his collegiate career. He should have declared after the 2009 season, but the Pistons could have done much worse.

Mock Draft history:

DraftExpress NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Kyle Singler, Stats, Comparisons, and Outlook

He'll contribute, and that's more than most teams will get from their second rounders.