Deleterious

2011 NBA Draft

I'm going to start tracking draft position again. I only have 12 teams currently because the other teams still have a good shot at the playoffs. I will adjust as things play out.

OMc6x.png

Opp road win% shows how well your future home opponents play on the road.

Opp home win% shows how well your future road game opponents play at home.

Win% against future opponents tells you how you have fared against those teams already this year. So it looks at your future opponents, then if you have played them already this year. If you have, it spits out your winning % against them.

We really need to tank now to get into that top 5, there is a 3-4 game cushion just to get to 6th. Might as well just lose now.

This draft is such a crapshoot that I'm not even concerned with them tanking. I used to be pulling for a tank job, but looking at the lottery picks this year, there is just no consensus. The first pick might not be a great thing to have and there's a good chance that the best player from this draft might be taken in picks 10-25.

Watched Jajuan Johnson in person last night. He's going to get killed in the NBA. I'd consider Etwaun Moore in the second round though. He's tough and can score.

This draft is such a crapshoot that I'm not even concerned with them tanking. I used to be pulling for a tank job, but looking at the lottery picks this year, there is just no consensus. The first pick might not be a great thing to have and there's a good chance that the best player from this draft might be taken in picks 10-25.

Drafting Kyrie Irving would change things for the pistons immensely.

The draft doesn't appear to be that great. Although, we seem to say that every year.

From last years draft, only 2 guys are averaging double digit points per game. Wall and Cousins. Fields is the only one from the second round for a total of 3 guys averaging double digit points per game from the entire draft.

The draft doesn't appear to be that great. Although, we seem to say that every year.

From last years draft, only 2 guys are averaging double digit points per game. Wall and Cousins. Fields is the only one from the second round for a total of 3 guys averaging double digit points per game from the entire draft.

There was a recent article how this draft was the worst since the 2000 Draft, which only has three total all star games to it's credit.

What would your top 10 look like today from that draft? Picks 2-4 were just awful.

Boy, top 10 is hard. Top 5 would be something like:

Redd

Martin

Crawford

Turkoglu

Miller

Drafting Kyrie Irving would change things for the pistons immensely.

I like the thought, but there is no way they could tank their way to the #1 pick at this point. They needed to start the tank job on day 1 of this season.

But then again, Irving has been hurt all year. Is he really as good as he looked? He didn't face any adversity or any tough conference games. If I had the #1 pick this year, I'd be reluctant to take Irving. Hell, I'd be reluctant to take anyone. I'd rather have 2 picks between 10-25 than one pick in the top 10. More margin for error.

I finished adding all the teams I think have a shot at finishing out of the playoffs. The problem now is, crappy eastern conference teams like Indiana and Philadelphia are taking up lottery slots because they have better records than teams like Utah and Phoenix who are currently out of the playoffs. It will fix itself as the season winds down and I start to eliminate teams who are locks to make the playoffs.

Standings through 2/26

Jp6dH.png

I finished adding all the teams I think have a shot at finishing out of the playoffs. The problem now is, crappy eastern conference teams like Indiana and Philadelphia are taking up lottery slots because they have better records than teams like Utah and Phoenix who are currently out of the playoffs. It will fix itself as the season winds down and I start to eliminate teams who are locks to make the playoffs.

Standings through 2/26

Jp6dH.png

We need to at least try to finish worse than the Clippers and Milwaukee. It does not look like we will be able to catch the other teams worse than us.

JaJuan Johnson has been very impressive lately for Purdue. He is a guy I would not mind drafting in the second round, or even late first round if we could acquire a second first round pick. Not a ton of upside but I think he can be a decent defensive player with his length and he has a decent jump shot as well.

Decided to check out Barnes and Henson on ESPN tonight. Both look very impressive.

Standings through 3/2. A few teams remaining game numbers are wrong. It will be fixed in tomorrows post.

J77V8.png

Edited by Deleterious

Based upon the percentages, it looks we're more likely to move down in the draft, not up.

The draft may be a crapshoot but the Clippers history of complete failure is not. People should take notice when their front office trades their lottery pick and says they think this is the worst draft in years.

I fully expect to look back on this draft in 10 years and have it be viewed as one of the best.

The draft may be a crapshoot but the Clippers history of complete failure is not. People should take notice when their front office trades their lottery pick and says they think this is the worst draft in years.

I fully expect to look back on this draft in 10 years and have it be viewed as one of the best.

Depends on who comes out by I like this draft a lot as well. Last year, at #7, we were looking at Udoh, Monroe, or Ed Davis. This year, we could be looking at a list that includes Derrick Williams, Terrence Jones, Enes Kanter, Harrison Barnes, John Henson, and the trio of European big men. I don't know whose stock will rise or fall but I like that list of players more than I liked last year's list.

Yeah, as a Piston fan I am not worried about the weak draft stuff. There are good enough prospects in the top 20 to be had. Sure, there is no one guy that has "best player on a championship team" written next to his name, but it sure looks comparable to last years at least. I would love either Derrick Williams or Terrance Jones on this team.

Last year when we felt "lucky" that GS passed on Monroe so we did not get stuck with *insert future busts name* here, it didn't really turn out that way. Ed Davis would have been fine on this team, and almost all of us disliked the idea of him predraft. Heck, EVERYBODY (sans me) hated Aminu, and now he is a clear cut HOF type player already.

Depends on who comes out by I like this draft a lot as well. Last year, at #7, we were looking at Udoh, Monroe, or Ed Davis. This year, we could be looking at a list that includes Derrick Williams, Terrence Jones, Enes Kanter, Harrison Barnes, John Henson, and the trio of European big men. I don't know whose stock will rise or fall but I like that list of players more than I liked last year's list.

While I wasn't a big Udoh fan, ending up with Monroe was pretty great for #7 and Davis would have been a great pickup too, as he has shown a high level of defensive ability as a PF.