Deleterious

2011 NBA Draft

I am keeping a close on Brandon Knight and Josh Selby. Both look very athletic and both look like they are worthy of lottery picks to me. The debate will be about what position they play given that both are better scorers than passers right now. But after Kyrie Irving, I would put these two in a group with Kemba Walker in a second tier of point guards.

So whats your NBA projection for Fredette, Del?

He has been all over sportscenter the last 3 weeks or so. He definitely knows how to score the ball.

So whats your NBA projection for Fredette, Del?

He has been all over sportscenter the last 3 weeks or so. He definitely knows how to score the ball.

I honestly haven't seen him play yet. I just hate his name.

I honestly haven't seen him play yet. I just hate his name.

If you get a chance, check out a BYU game. Its amazing how a 6"2 guard can score as easy as he can. He is lights out from the outside and finishes very well on both sides of the hoop with either hand. I watched the Utah game where he scored something like 49 and last week when he had 42.

I dont want to talk him up too much, be is a legit scorer, how that transfers to the NBA? Who knows.

Undersized, slow shooting guards have a tough time in the NBA no matter how good of shooters they are. Ask Louis Bullock, Shawn Respert and Salim Stoudamire, though Jimmer seems stronger than those guys. Judging just by highlights it seems like that offense keeps the ball in his hands a lot and he shoots mainly off the dribble not running off screens with a quick catch shoot like he would have to in the NBA ala Steve Kerr. I haven't seen enough of Fredette to make a judgement but if the NBA thinks he can handle the ball enough to create his own shots and play some point there will be a role for him.

Edited by tigerz

If you get a chance, check out a BYU game. Its amazing how a 6"2 guard can score as easy as he can. He is lights out from the outside and finishes very well on both sides of the hoop with either hand. I watched the Utah game where he scored something like 49 and last week when he had 42.

I dont want to talk him up too much, be is a legit scorer, how that transfers to the NBA? Who knows.

He's too small, and too slow, he won't be able to get his shot off in the NBA.

Where the Pistons will end up drafting, I think they should get the Illinois guard. He's big like Dumars likes, but he is a pass-first type PG.

Where the Pistons will end up drafting, I think they should get the Illinois guard. He's big like Dumars likes, but he is a pass-first type PG.

Mccamey is one to watch, don't know if he will go 7-12 which is where Detroit will be drafting most likely.

My top 3 so far, the guys who I think will make an immediate impact next year:

1.)Kyrie Irving

2.)Terrance Jones (he can score in the NBA right now, didn't know this but he has a 7-3 wing, he can score next level.)

3.)Jared Sullinger (not a big star, but he will be a double double guy at some point)

So many Euro guys in the draft which are real hard to get a good handle on. Perry Jones is a confusing prospect, Brandon Knight if he can actually play the Point could be one to watch, Derrick Williams I like, Selby, maybe, just not a top heavy draft at all.

JoeD has to do his homework this year.

Mccamey is one to watch, don't know if he will go 7-12 which is where Detroit will be drafting most likely.

My top 3 so far, the guys who I think will make an immediate impact next year:

1.)Kyrie Irving

2.)Terrance Jones (he can score in the NBA right now, didn't know this but he has a 7-3 wing, he can score next level.)

3.)Jared Sullinger (not a big star, but he will be a double double guy at some point)

So many Euro guys in the draft which are real hard to get a good handle on. Perry Jones is a confusing prospect, Brandon Knight if he can actually play the Point could be one to watch, Derrick Williams I like, Selby, maybe, just not a top heavy draft at all.

JoeD has to do his homework this year.

David Thorpe wrote a good article for ESPN insider basically saying that Selby is being held back in the structured Kansas offense and will do better once he gets to the NBA's fast paced style of play. Says Russell Westbrook and Jrue Holliday had the same problems in college.

Jan Vesely was announced as winner of the European Young Men's Player of the Year award for 2010. Rubio had won it the past 3 years and finished 2nd this year. The top 5 had a bunch of guys you will see in the draft probably.

1) Jan Vesely

2) Ricky Rubio

3) Jonas Valanciunas

4) Andrew Albicy

5) Enes Kanter

FIBA Europe

John Henson from North Carolina has really stepped his game up lately and is exactly the type of player the Pistons need. If he continues to play well in to the tournament, he will probably play himself into a top 5 pick and we won't even have a shot at him.

John Henson from North Carolina has really stepped his game up lately and is exactly the type of player the Pistons need. If he continues to play well in to the tournament, he will probably play himself into a top 5 pick and we won't even have a shot at him.

Personally, I don't like Henson. I still don't like Barnes either who draft.net has us taking at #7.

Edited by ScrubBeaterUpper

Personally, I don't like Henson. I still don't like Barnes either who draft.net has us taking at #7.

Henson has huge bust potential but he also has the chance to be a defensive difference maker, which is hard to find.