Deleterious

2011 NBA Draft

he reminds me of Gilbert Arenas a little, though he's shorter. He's got those long arms, he can get to the lane at will and score, unlimited shooting range and certainly not a pure PG.

I don't see Kemba staying after that run, but if he does, it might help him to become a better PG when he enters the league. There are few Allen Iversons out there.

At 7, we should have good options even if Barnes stays. Irving,Williams,Valanciunas,Kanter,Walker,P.Jones,T.Jones,B.Knight,Vessely,Burks and others will be on our short list. I sure don't want a perimeter player, but it might be our only option.

Edited by Nastradamus

Del, if youre the GM of the pistons and you get the #1 pick next year, who do you take first?

Del, if youre the GM of the pistons and you get the #1 pick next year, who do you take first?

I would probably take Irving.

I would probably take Irving.

My thinking as well. Many are saying he doesnt quite have the vision of Wall, but I think he will show that he understands the flow of the game better. If he goes #1 that will be two years in a row that a pg was drafted first. When was the last time that happened?

My thinking as well. Many are saying he doesnt quite have the vision of Wall, but I think he will show that he understands the flow of the game better. If he goes #1 that will be two years in a row that a pg was drafted first. When was the last time that happened?

I don't know what positions guys played before the early 70's. But from the early 70's on it has never happened. Just took a quick glance, but from what I see Rose, Wall, and Magic are the only PG's taken #1. Add AI if you want to count him as a PG.

I'd definitely take Irving at #1 too. Derrick Williams at #2. After that though who knows...

Yah if we get a chance at a stud PG it'd be hard to pass unless there were an elite C in this draft. I think a guy like Irving could instantly make this team somewhat relevant again. He'd make it a lot easier for everyone else to get quality shots and brings a fear factor that nobody else on this team does. Irving and Monroe would be great building blocks regardless of who else we keep.

Some really odd things would have to happen for the Pistons to move out of the 7th slot in the lottery. So I am done with the updates unless something changes.

How is the lottery weighted?

The percentages of getting the 1/2/3 pick are listed for each slot on that spreadsheet I have been posting.

I'd definitely take Irving at #1 too. Derrick Williams at #2. After that though who knows...

We could really use some draft lottery luck this year. At #7... meh. Not horrible, but... please give us some luck this year...

At #1: Irving.

At #2: Williams.

At #3: Valanciunas.

I'd take any of those 3.

The percentages of getting the 1/2/3 pick are listed for each slot on that spreadsheet I have been posting.

Awesome, thanks Del. It sure would be nice to slip into the top 3.

Twitter

If ESPN had a camera at this scrimmage, Bismack Biyombo 's blocks and dunks would make up half of Sportcenter's Top-10 plays tonight.
People scratched their heads when I put Bismack Biyombo in our top-20 in January. Now the talk around Portland is he's a lottery pick.

He is talking about the Nike Hoops Summit. Don't know a darn thing about that kid, but his measurements are freakish.

Bismack Biyombo

Weight: 243 lbs.

Height (w/o shoes): 6'7.75"

Height (w/ shoes): 6'9"

Wing Span: 7'7"

Body Fat: 4.8%

Standing Reach: 9'3"

To give that some perspective. Last year Monroe had a 7'2.25" wing span and a 9'0.5" standing reach.

Twitter

Offense is the weakest part of Bismack Biyombo's game, but he's carrying the World Team rw/his play inside the paint. Stock rising big time.
Bismack Biyombo had zero experience, but came into ACB and immediately led the league in blocks. That's how you know he's something special.

Twitter

Biyombo has six blocks in 21 minutes. Gilchrist has 5 for US. But Biyombo's have come against future lottery picks.

I've seen Biyombo go from not even mentioned in the mock drafts, to now being mentioned in many first round mocks & as high as 15th overall. Probably going to go up even higher after his triple double.

Scouts Rave About Biyombo Amid Age Concerns - RealGM Wiretap

Scouts Rave About Biyombo Amid Age Concerns

Bismack Biyombo's triple-double in the Nike Hoop Summit increased his already growing momentum heading into the 2011 NBA Draft.

"He runs the floor, he defends and he's cat-quick,'' said an NBA scout of Biyombo. "His offensive skills need to be developed, but his athleticism screams out.''

"He's Ben Wallace, basically,'' said another NBA executive.

A half-dozen NBA scouts and executives told Sports Illustrated that they had concerns if he was older than his listed age of 18. Biyombo is physically more mature and also exhibited leadership skills to suggest he is older than his age.

He began his professional career in Yemen in 2009, and then moved to the Spanish fourth division in 2009-10. He quickly worked his way up to Spain's ACB, the top national league in Europe, where he is currently averaging 6.4 points, 5.1 rebounds and 2.3 blocks in 14 games with the club Fuenlabrada.

"The way I play here, I play everywhere,'' he said following the Hoop Summit. "In the ACB I play with a lot of smart guys, I play with a lot of strong guys, and when I step on the court I just want to kill them.''

His favorite players are Kevin Garnett and Kevin Love.

"Kevin Garnett is intense player -- every time he's not on the floor, his team is missing him,'' said Biyombo. "I want to (play) defense as a team. I want to help everybody on my team and I want to win the game ... That's what I heard from my first coach, that the good offense is defense. If I block a lot of shots then it's good offense. If I get a lot of rebounds, then it's good offense.''

This guy will make a GM look brilliant, or possibly get him fired.

Twitter

RT @goodmanonfox: Baylor freshman Perry Jones - a likely lottery pick - is staying in school and will not declare for NBA Draft.

Kemba Walker of Connecticut Huskies to enter NBA draft, report says - ESPN

Report: Kemba Walker going pro

STORRS, Conn. -- Connecticut has called a news conference for Tuesday with junior guard Kemba Walker to reportedly announce his intention to enter the NBA draft.

Walker, who led UConn to its third national championship, is projected as a first-round NBA draft pick and coach Jim Calhoun has said he has advised Walker to forgo his senior season.

The Hartford Courant reported Monday that Walker had played his final collegiate game, citing an unnamed source.

Walker averaged almost 24 points and five assists per game in leading UConn to a 32-9 record, including an 11-0 run through the postseason. He accounted for 45 percent of his team's points.

But with an NBA lockout looming, Walker had left his options open.

"It would be a lot of fun if I came back," he said last week. "These guys are my brothers and I love them. So, if I have an opportunity to come back, it would be special."

No surprise seeing Kemba going pro. Already won a Championship, graduating in May, was the leader of that team, I just don't see how coming back would help him.

I mentioned Kemba during the Big East tournament, and would still gladly take him & get rid of Stuckey, but I don't see it happening, because I don't think he'll make it to us anymore (if we're stuck at 7th).

Also, regarding Biyombo, one of the interviews from the Hoops Summit that I saw had scouts not necessarily looking for instant impact out of him, but hoping what he could turn out to be a few years down the road.

sigh. Darius Morris is really high on those draft boards. I don't think he's coming back.

On the other hand, Kalin Lucas isn't even ON the draft boards, which is surprising considering how he's so much better than Morris...

Well, if Darius has to go I hope he becomes a Piston some how. Give me him and either Faried or the homey Biyombo. We need a defensive force like that down low. Darius will need time, but he's a big guard, good defender and has great court vision and passing skills. Poor shooter, but good stroke and is expected to develop unlike Stuckey. Never will be a great athlete, but I can live with that personally.

No Kemba!