Deleterious

2011 NBA Draft

This explains the lottery system and how it works.

NBA Draft Lottery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some good draft sites.

2011 NBA Draft - ESPN

NBADraft.net

DraftExpress - NBA Draft, NCAA/International Basketball Website.

HoopsHype - NBA Draft 2011

NBA-DRAFT.COM: 2011 NBA Mock Draft - 2011 NBA Draft - Basketball News, Articles & Blogs

Some of you might remember last year when I made this. If there is interest, I will probably do it again this year when we hit the 60 game mark. Or somewhere around there.

Some of you might remember last year when I made this. If there is interest, I will probably do it again this year when we hit the 60 game mark. Or somewhere around there.

Interested!

Just looking at the standings right now, the Pistons are going to need some injuries or luck to finish with a high lottery pick. Kind of depressing.

Just looking at the standings right now, the Pistons are going to need some injuries or luck to finish with a high lottery pick. Kind of depressing.

Ah mediocrity!

Well, what they need to do is just flat-out decide to suck - and Joe is too hard-headed to allow that....that's precisely why we weren't in position to draft either John Wall, Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins.

Being kinda bad is way worse than being THE worst; college talent is no where near as deep as it was, 15 or more years ago. If you don't draft in the top-four picks these days, you're getting a project.

Well, what they need to do is just flat-out decide to suck - and Joe is too hard-headed to allow that....that's precisely why we weren't in position to draft either John Wall, Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins.

Being kinda bad is way worse than being THE worst; college talent is no where near as deep as it was, 15 or more years ago. If you don't draft in the top-four picks these days, you're getting a project.

+1. We are in for years of suck unless Dumars decides to take the proper rebuilding route and allows the team to tank for a couple of years, which I highly doubt he would do.

I don't know who is on my draft board yet. But chances are, the first 3 favorites will be point guards. There is nothing I'd like more than for the Pistons to start this rebuild with a real PG. I've had enough of this combo guard garbage.

Give me Kyrie Irving. I think the Harrison Barnes is the clear cut #1 talk is all but dead. I am sure he has amazing game that will show eventually this year, but just looking at him, physically, he does not look, or play that special.

Not that Sacramento will trade Cousins, but I would think about dangling a deal centered around an unprotected first to Sactown for him.

Edited by ScrubBeaterUpper

I don't know who is on my draft board yet. But chances are, the first 3 favorites will be point guards. There is nothing I'd like more than for the Pistons to start this rebuild with a real PG. I've had enough of this combo guard garbage.

Yeah, the blame for losing 4th quarter leads is on the lack of PG. Stuckey still can't shoot, or make enough plays for others. I really hope he gets the boot after this year. Somehow, someway, a trade this year, letting him go unsigned, anything. For the love of God Joe, don't give him Conley money.

Interesting draft year, for the first year in since 2006 I think the preseason consensus top 2 or 3 won't be the same at the end of the year. I know it's early but Perry Jones and Harrison Barnes don't look like top 3 picks to me. Reminds me a little bit of the 05 draft where clearly the top two players in college ball where Paul and Williams but it goes against conventional wisdom for teams to select guards 1 or 2. Besides Walker and Irving, Terrence Jones looks like he might be a top 5 pick early, and Sullinger looks really good but he might lack the athleticism and height to go top 5.

Interesting draft year, for the first year in since 2006 I think the preseason consensus top 2 or 3 won't be the same at the end of the year. I know it's early but Perry Jones and Harrison Barnes don't look like top 3 picks to me. Reminds me a little bit of the 05 draft where clearly the top two players in college ball where Paul and Williams but it goes against conventional wisdom for teams to select guards 1 or 2. Besides Walker and Irving, Terrence Jones looks like he might be a top 5 pick early, and Sullinger looks really good but he might lack the athleticism and height to go top 5.

I'll be honest and say that I haven't seen Perry Jones play a game yet, but his stat line looks pretty good. 13 points per game, close to 10 rebounds per game, 2 blocks per game, and limited turnovers. Combine that with a freakish combination of athleticism and size and I think you have a top-3 pick. Granted, he hasn't really played anyone yet, so I guess we'll see how he holds up once conference play begins.

I've watched a handful of Harrison Barnes and he looks overrated to me. Like you said though, it's very early. A lot of things can change between now and June or whenever the draft is.

I'll be honest and say that I haven't seen Perry Jones play a game yet, but his stat line looks pretty good. 13 points per game, close to 10 rebounds per game, 2 blocks per game, and limited turnovers. Combine that with a freakish combination of athleticism and size and I think you have a top-3 pick. Granted, he hasn't really played anyone yet, so I guess we'll see how he holds up once conference play begins.

I've watched a handful of Harrison Barnes and he looks overrated to me. Like you said though, it's very early. A lot of things can change between now and June or whenever the draft is.

On Perry all I saw was a weekday, day game against a bad team while I was eating lunch but he's the third option offensively. He's kind of stepped into Udoh's old role but he's 5 years younger with more upside, and taller. He has put up some nice numbers and there are some good options on that team definetly will keep an eye on him during the Big XII season. I should qualify looking like a top 3 pick in the sense that other one and done guys like Durant, Carmelo, Griffin, Beasly, Wall looked like NBA stars forced to play college ball, Perry looked like he is where he's supposed to be.

draft board:

1st choice - Perry Jones

2nd choice - Brandon Knight

Walker killed Knight the other night, and I am not sure either one of them are true point guards.

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Irving Scores 31 Points In Duke's Win Over Michigan State

Irving Scores 31 Points In Duke's Win Over Michigan State

Duke freshman Kyrie Irving scored 31 points to go with four assists in Duke's 84-79 win over Michigan State at Cameron Indoor Stadium on Wednesday.

“He’s one of the best point guards I’ve ever seen,” senior teammate Nolan Smith said. “He’s very coachable. He loves being on the court with us. Whenever I have something to say to him, he looks me in the eyes and listens. He’s been a great teammate.

“But he’s on a different level as far as confidence. We know there are going to be games where he’s just going to go – and we’re going to follow him.”

Irving has been given great freedom by Mike Krzyzewski.

“We’ve changed the way we play because of him,” Krzyzewski said.

He looked pretty good last night.

DraftExpress has a weekly feature called Trending Prospects. It's very long so I wont paste it here. But here is a description.

DraftExpress: Trending Prospects (12/2/2010)

Every week on DraftExpress we'll be looking at a number of NBA draft prospects who have caught our eye, updating their DX scouting reports along the way. This week we evaluate the likes of Terrence Jones, Reggie Jackson, Charles Jenkins and Steven Gray.

Okay...so we are now tied for third worst in the league in the lost column. That is a good sign but a bit misleading because we have played some tough teams recently. I would expect the Pistons to win 2 or 3 games this week as we play Cleveland, Houston, NO, Minnesota, and Toronto.

What the Pistons should do is trade Tayshaun as soon as possible for a draft pick because he has been our best player recently and is doing too much to help this team win.

Hart, that is exactly why Joe will hang on to Tay. It goes against Joe's principles to tank it. Tay decided to wait 'til his last contact year to show a pulse. And knowing Joe, he'll either keep Tay past the deadline, or, trade him for some other albatross contact. Not to mention he won't trade Rip because he won't be willing to take a bag of BBQ chips for him. At this point, I just don't trust Joe and frankly, want this team sold, ASAP.

Okay...so we are now tied for third worst in the league in the lost column. That is a good sign but a bit misleading because we have played some tough teams recently. I would expect the Pistons to win 2 or 3 games this week as we play Cleveland, Houston, NO, Minnesota, and Toronto.

What the Pistons should do is trade Tayshaun as soon as possible for a draft pick because he has been our best player recently and is doing too much to help this team win.

Yea, trade him to Orlando, TP/Hamilton to Orlando for VC.