JonBenke

Michigan @ #8 Ohio State

I did after the Ohio State game. And I still think the way Michigan got hosed out of the National Championship game was wrong at the time. However, there is no way you can argue that Michigan and Ohio State were the best teams in the country that year after the fact. USC and Florida were pretty clearly better.

Michigan always stinks when it has to travel West though. I dont think it was fair to play USC in LA. Pretty much a home game. Not that it should be an excuse. Flordia truly did dominate OSU though.

Michigan always stinks when it has to travel West though. I dont think it was fair to play USC in LA. Pretty much a home game. Not that it should be an excuse. Flordia truly did dominate OSU though.

Well, that is how it goes for most Big Ten teams in bowls. Go to the Rose bowl, you get a Pac-10 team out west. Go to the Capital One or Outback Bowl and get an SEC team down south. I agree it gives you a little bit of a disadvantage but not a 20 point one. Michigan got clobbered, so did Ohio State. I hated it just as much as everyone else after it happened because I was arguing so hard for Michigan to be in the National Championship, then I looked like an idiot.

I did after the Ohio State game. And I still think the way Michigan got hosed out of the National Championship game was wrong at the time. However, there is no way you can argue that Michigan and Ohio State were the best teams in the country that year after the fact. USC and Florida were pretty clearly better.

In those games -- yes, they were.

Before the postseason I think it was pretty clear Michigan/OSU deserved to be in the title game (unless you just felt rematches are dumb, which is a very valid opinion) Florida had needed A LOT of luck to get were they were, outgained by vanderbilt, winning games due to 3 blocked kicks, etc.

But, given that Ohio State got completely humiliated and Michigan barely fared any better, I don't think you can argue that they were the two best teams that season.

Did you guys miss me? I know Buddha did.

Anyways I don't know the last time I came around but it's that time of year when I think about all of my "friends" here. I don't really have any trash talking to add other than Go Bucks!

And while we're on subject of the 2006 teams....

The National Championship and Rose Bowl of 2007 would be two totally different games if it wasn't for the 50 day layover Ohio State and Michigan faced. If those games were played at the end of November after both teams were hitting on all cylinders, I think both team would have won their respective games. That just leads to the phrase "if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas". Players like Troy Smith enjoyed the Award Ceremony Circuit a little too much and ate a little too much In-N-Out Burger and showed up out of shape against Florida.

By the way - any visitors coming to Columbus for The Game? Stop by Section 28AA row 2 and come find me.

any visitors coming to Columbus for The Game? Stop by Section 28AA row 2 and come find me.

Me and my friend down here, the Ohio State fan, we tried to get tickets... Didn't work out!

She just got married, her husband is a huge USC fan .. but we're hoping to go in two years.

It's Ohio State week. The last week of the regular season. It's been a long, sometimes exciting, often times disappointing journey we have been on in 2010. We enter this week to face off with our arch rivals, attempting to wrap up their 6th consecutive conference title. We are 7-4 and looking for any sort of glimmer of hope in a win. Before we look forward, let me show you a video I really liked before the season started. It gives us a glimpse of our attitude before this 2010 season started.

-IV-xZZay9E

You know. It's also Thanksgiving today. When I think back on this 2010 season of Michigan Football, there are a lot of things I think we have to be thankful for as fans.

1. Denard Robinson. He might very well be the most exciting player to watch in the country.

2. Roy Roundtree. He's small, he isn't extremely fast, but he's always open, and ready to break one for a long gain, or break a single game record.

3. Our offensive line, one of the best overall units in the country.

4. Our Seniors, who could have bolted with some of their classmates, but stuck it out for the program.

I am also thankful for this team as a whole. Our defense might be bad, but these kids work their tails off to get better. Sometimes I think people forget that, these are all just kids(especially on defense). They don't complain, they don't care what the newspaper says, they don't care what the statistics say, they just play. This team could have gotten down, and could have given up a long time ago. They never quit, when their down in a game, or when they have lost three games in a row. Maybe, just maybe they have enough fight in them for one huge win.

I think as fans, even some of us older than the players on the field can be taught a valuable lesson by this group of players. No matter what your opinion be on the coaching staff, these players have worked hard and deserve our support.

Sometimes in this great rivalry the unthinkable happens. Maybe the unthinkable will happen this Saturday afternoon. Maybe it won't. For one day, let's all be Blue, because these players are about to give it their all on the field for us.

GO BLUE!!

The only suspense in this game will be whether OSU beats Michigan badly enough to get RichRod fired.

With West Virginia beating Pitt today, Michigan has to be the favorite in this game. The # of teams Michigan has beat who are likely heading to a BCS Bowl? 1. Ohio State? 0.

SoS don't lie

I'm afraid the only question in this one is how many points U-M falls behind before their "unstoppable" offense finally musters a score.