JonBenke

Michigan @ #8 Ohio State

Brandon said he would not address the issue until after a bowl game, so that's when it must happen.

If Harbaugh expresses interest in the UM football head coaching position I can see Brandon firing RR before the bowl game. It's the only scenario I see where RR is fired before the bowl game though.

Terrible game -- pretty much no positives for UM here. I thought RR's job would be safe after getting 7 wins, but the past 2 games have been bad losses. I would put RR's chances of getting fired at 50/50 right now. If he loses the bowl game in poor fashion his firing will likely be more imminent.

I, for one, look forward to SP and Pyro coming here and telling us all how stupid we are for not realizing the brilliance of RichRod, and how Michigan was THISCLOSE to winning this game if it hadn't been for bad luck.
Michigan Depth Chart By Class | mgoblog

ponder

Ask and you shall receive!

Honest question for supporters of Rodriguez going into yesterday's game: Do you still feel he should be retained?

Honest question for supporters of Rodriguez going into yesterday's game: Do you still feel he should be retained?

By my count, there have been four posters who were the most vocal richrod supporters.

mike, shelton, pyro and sp.

Mike is on the "keep him unless you can get harbaugh" bandwagon

Shelton is drinking heavily and no longer cares who the coach is

SP is still blaming Lloyd Carr and is happy with the program

Pyro thinks next year will be a repeat of 2006 or 2008 if we keep Richrod

2 support, 1 equivocal support, 1 lush.

By my count, there have been four posters who were the most vocal richrod supporters.

mike, shelton, pyro and sp.

Mike is on the "keep him unless you can get harbaugh" bandwagon

Shelton is drinking heavily and no longer cares who the coach is

SP is still blaming Lloyd Carr and is happy with the program

Pyro thinks next year will be a repeat of 2006 or 2008 if we keep Richrod

2 support, 1 equivocal support, 1 lush.

Is UM fandom a prereq for being on this list? If not, how do I get added to the list? These calmer UM-OSU games are probably better on my heart, better for my daughter's vocabulary as she's less likely to pick up on those **** words.

congrats to tOSU for 6 conference championships in a row......it was fun reading this thread this morning. Someone needs to calm down, psycho......

It's becoming really hard to support RichRod. We are able to squeak by the creampuffs of college football but we get utterly destroyed against anyone worth their weight. The offense certainly looks promising, however without Denard we struggle to score as if Nick Sheridan was still our QB. The defense is a mess with many young players -- if RichRod does stick around for 2011 and the defense is still embarrassing he won't have any more excuses, as his injured guys will be back and all of those freshmen he loved blaming everything on will be sophomores.

Personally I am tired of the RichRod circus and I don't see us becoming anything more than John L. Smith Spartans redux. I would see if Harbaugh is interested in coming on board next season using back channels if I were Brandon.

It's becoming really hard to support RichRod. We are able to squeak by the creampuffs of college football but we get utterly destroyed against anyone worth their weight. The offense certainly looks promising, however without Denard we struggle to score as if Nick Sheridan was still our QB. The defense is a mess with many young players -- if RichRod does stick around for 2011 and the defense is still embarrassing he won't have any more excuses, as his injured guys will be back and all of those freshmen he loved blaming everything on will be sophomores.

Personally I am tired of the RichRod circus and I don't see us becoming anything more than John L. Smith Spartans redux. I would see if Harbaugh is interested in coming on board next season using back channels if I were Brandon.

Well, I think the question was for people who have been supporters of RR. I thought you weren't really on that bandwagon? Maybe I'm wrong and if I am I apologize.

On your other points. The offense clearly runs better with Denard, however I think it is unfair to say it is Sherridan like useless when hes not in. The offense made big leaps last year with Tate. This year in limited time Tate has been ok(not great). He played really well down the stretch against Illinois and I'm sure we don't win that game without him. He played well against Bowling Green, granted it's Bowling Green but it's the only real times we have seen him in extended action.

I think your right about the defense. It will be interesting to see what happens with it next year if RR is still around. I personally think it will improve, maybe not to good, but to mediocre, which would be nice given our ability to move the ball(which should only get better next year since we return 10 starters on offense). Next year is the put up or shut up year with the defense imho. It doesn't have to be a stellar defense, but it must show improvement and a general upward trend. I think most of these players having a year under their belt of game experience, plus time to bulk up and learn more in the spring and fall camps will really help. Plus the injured players hopefully returning healthy. If it doesn't get any better, then it's a huge problem.

Lastly I am extremely confused about these John L Smith comparisons RR has been getting. John L Smiths teams got worse every year. At the very least Michigan has improved in the win column by 2 games every year of RR's tenure.

Well, I think the question was for people who have been supporters of RR. I thought you weren't really on that bandwagon? Maybe I'm wrong and if I am I apologize.

On your other points. The offense clearly runs better with Denard, however I think it is unfair to say it is Sherridan like useless when hes not in. The offense made big leaps last year with Tate. This year in limited time Tate has been ok(not great). He played really well down the stretch against Illinois and I'm sure we don't win that game without him. He played well against Bowling Green, granted it's Bowling Green but it's the only real times we have seen him in extended action.

I think your right about the defense. It will be interesting to see what happens with it next year if RR is still around. I personally think it will improve, maybe not to good, but to mediocre, which would be nice given our ability to move the ball(which should only get better next year since we return 10 starters on offense). Next year is the put up or shut up year with the defense imho. It doesn't have to be a stellar defense, but it must show improvement and a general upward trend. I think most of these players having a year under their belt of game experience, plus time to bulk up and learn more in the spring and fall camps will really help. Plus the injured players hopefully returning healthy. If it doesn't get any better, then it's a huge problem.

Lastly I am extremely confused about these John L Smith comparisons RR has been getting. John L Smiths teams got worse every year. At the very least Michigan has improved in the win column by 2 games every year of RR's tenure.

I've been torn on RichRod all season. These past two games against Wisconsin and Ohio State have soured me on him, as we are still getting mauled as we were in 2008. I'm willing to endure one more season of RichRod as I would like to see how his system would work with more experienced players. However if he were replaced I would not shed any tears, as this has been by far the worst experience I've ever had during my 20 years of being a UM football fan.

I've been torn on RichRod all season. These past two games against Wisconsin and Ohio State have soured me on him, as we are still getting mauled as we were in 2008. I'm willing to endure one more season of RichRod as I would like to see how his system would work with more experienced players. However if he were replaced I would not shed any tears, as this has been by far the worst experience I've ever had during my 20 years of being a UM football fan.

+1

That's fair.