SpartanValor

#10 Michigan State @ Penn State

Wow the Spartans have not won a Big 10 title in 20 years in football. I had no idea you have had such a drought!

We prefer to look at it like, "The Spartans have not won a B10 Title since Saturday"

156271_10150313956880154_216043845153_16212084_6105590_n.jpg

"My vision here is to win championships. That's my vision." - November 27, 2006

Our goal is to win the championship. That's our number one goal. Where people place us from there, we'll still go to whatever bowl we go to as Big Ten champs. - November 27, 2010

Just think how awesome it will be next year. Michigan State and Ohio State would have been playing this week, 11-1 vs 11-1 to decide who owns the Big Ten Championship and goes to the Rose Bowl. So excited for the expansion.

Edit: Oops, forgot Wisconsin wasn't in MSU's division. That means it would be.... Wisconsin vs Michigan State?

I agree were not getting a bcs berth, but the bcs at large has nothing to do with bcs standings (assuming in the top 12).

Also see no way a BCS conference game picks MSU over Ohio St either...sorry, but OSU is a bigger draw. They may have had a fighting chance if OSU got in the Rose Bowl and were fighting Wisconsin.

That's exactly what I said in My last post.

Not really, you didnt say anything about Ohio State being in Rose or anything...but if you want to be that way...

What I said was " we are not getting a bcs berth." but if you didn't realize that statement would apply to both Wisconsin and osu, I apologize. I thought it was understood that the big ten would get two bcs berths. My bad

Well if your AD is mentioning Wisconsin in his posts, then Id assume he is arguing to be in the rose bowl....Of course they could get 2 bids(likely) but if he was just trying to get the second bid he would focus solely on OSU, at least that would make the most sense since (again) a team wont jump a team when both dont play so Wisconsin is going to the Rose Bowl.

I just don't see MSU getting an at-large invite over Ohio State since Wisconsin heads to the Rose Bowl. It doesn't hurt to try and make your case though. Ask Urban Meyer.

I just don't see MSU getting an at-large invite over Ohio State since Wisconsin heads to the Rose Bowl. It doesn't hurt to try and make your case though. Ask Urban Meyer.

Ya, but Urban Meyer still played another game before they jumped Michigan...everyone here is done playing

Ya, but Urban Meyer still played another game before they jumped Michigan...everyone here is done playing

True, good point.

Wisconsin beat osu and we beat Wisconsin, so why would he shy away from our signature win?

Who said you should? Your AD is comparing your season against both OSU and Wisconsin. If he is going to compare your resumes with Wisconsin, I dont get why it cant be inferred he is arguing to be in the Rose Bowl

Wisconsin beat osu and we beat Wisconsin, so why would he shy away from our signature win?

He shouldn't. I am not saying he shouldn't lobby for it. I just don't think it's going to work. Right now it's essentially Ohio State vs Michigan State. If you are an outside observer not a fan of either program, who would you think is the more attractive draw? I know it sucks but that's the way it is. Michigan State had a great season, their Big Ten Champs and nobody will ever take that away.

Who said you should? Your AD is comparing your season against both OSU and Wisconsin. If he is going to compare your resumes with Wisconsin, I dont get why it cant be inferred he is arguing to be in the Rose Bowl

But we've already stated the reasons why it would be futile bargaining for the rose bowl. You don't think the AD knows that? He deserves more credit than that Johnny.

He shouldn't. I am not saying he shouldn't lobby for it. I just don't think it's going to work. Right now it's essentially Ohio State vs Michigan State. If you are an outside observer not a fan of either program, who would you think is the more attractive draw? I know it sucks but that's the way it is. Michigan State had a great season, their Big Ten Champs and nobody will ever take that away.

If tv ratings don't matter (and to a bcs bowl, I honestly don't know if it matters or not), then I think we have a better chance. Still a very nonexistent chance, but let's quote dumb and dumber here

If tv ratings don't matter (and to a bcs bowl, I honestly don't know if it matters or not), then I think we have a better chance. Still a very nonexistent chance, but let's quote dumb and dumber here

I don't know if TV ratings make a difference or not. I do know that how well a schools fan base travels(even though it gets made fun of a lot) does matter. Ohio State has an overall reputation as a fan base that will show up in bunches wherever their team is. I am not saying Michigan State wouldn't, but perception often trumps reality.

Also, it's too bad MSU had to lay an egg against Iowa. They turned out to be a very beatable team. 12-0 MSU and there wouldn't be a debate.

Bring them on:) Its the year we didnt get to play OSU and win outright:)

Absolutely. I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- it's really too bad MSU didn't play OSU this year. It cost them the Rose Bowl.