From Beaver Stadium, in University Park, Pennsylvania

PennStateBeaverStadium.jpg

For the Big Ten Championship

200px-MSUSpartans_Logo.svg.pngPenn+State+Logo+2005.gif

(10-1)(6-1) @ (7-4)(4-3)

4913361860_d3dbc3e09f.jpg

AT

Penn State Nittany Lions

150px-CapitalOneBowlLogo.png150px-Outbackbowl2008logo.png150px-GatorBowl.png150px-TempeInsightBowllogo.jpgTexasBowlLogo.png150px-DallasFootballClassic.PNG

Date: Saturday, November 27th, 2010

Time: 12:00pm EST

Television Broadcast Provided by:

ESPN/ESPN2

Radio Broadcast Provided by:

www.spartansportsnetwork.com

Notable Games:

Michigan @ Ohio State - 12:00pm EST, ABC

Northwestern @ Wisconsin - 3:30pm EST, ABC

MSU plays for a Big Ten Championship for the 2nd time in 3 years

All we need is nine teams ahead of MSU to lose, and they'll go to the National Championship!!!

Just noticed, MSU computer average really dropped off the past three weeks. They're down to #12 in the computers. That sucks.

Unless U-M (or Northwestern) wins, this game means nothing, bowl-wise.

Unfortunately.

Well, you know, we are still playing for a Big Ten championship...

Imo, Beaver Stadium is the best/toughest venue in the B10. Great atmosphere, great volume, great fan participation, and usually really good teams.

FTR, I've attended games at the following B10 venues: MSU, UM, PU, OSU, NU and UW...

I've been to MSU, U-M, NWU, Purdue, and PSU. I missed chances to go to Illinois and Indiana.

Well, you know, we are still playing for a Big Ten championship...

Absolutely. That's sweet, definitely, but I'm just a little ticked about the bowl situation. Petty? Sure. But whatever...

Jayvee, the BCS standings were out early tonight. Saw it on ESPN at like 5pm CDT.

And I too struggle between the frustration of the tie-breaking system/timing of losses, vs. playing for a big ten championship. Since we can't control one, I'll go with what we can control, and that is having the team get a championship ring.

Imo, Beaver Stadium is the best/toughest venue in the B10. Great atmosphere, great volume, great fan participation, and usually really good teams.

FTR, I've attended games at the following B10 venues: MSU, UM, PU, OSU, NU and UW...

Josh, were you in town for an MSU game? I agree that Beaver Stadium is crazier than the Shoe, but the Shoe gets crazy for big games, MSU just isn't a big game, no offense.....

A Big 10 co-championship and a New Years bowl game against the defending champions (Alabama) is probably a better fate for MSU than the Orange Bowl against the ACC champion.

I'd feel much more confident in an Orange Bowl win, however.

If I'm an MSU fan, I'd rather see my team take on a national championship contender in a game people are excited about than beat some second-rate team in an Orange Bowl that won't be watched outside of East Lansing.

That's how I felt when Iowa got the ever living crap kicked out of them by USC in the 2003 Orange Bowl. Even knowing the result, I'm glad we got a shot at the best team in the country.

Josh, were you in town for an MSU game? I agree that Beaver Stadium is crazier than the Shoe, but the Shoe gets crazy for big games, MSU just isn't a big game, no offense.....

Yes I was. You'll be "pleased" to know that in 19 hundred and ninety-eight, I just happened to spend a lazy fall afternoon, with 3 of my best friends, in the seats of your beloved Horseshoe...Watching my Spartans shock a 4td favorite...

Another fond memory of that day, was the confirmed stardom of Julian Peterson - he was an absolute beast all game.

Yes I was. You'll be "pleased" to know that in 19 hundred and ninety-eight, I just happened to spend a lazy fall afternoon, with 3 of my best friends, in the seats of your beloved Horseshoe...Watching my Spartans shock a 4td favorite...

Another fond memory of that day, was the confirmed stardom of Julian Peterson - he was an absolute beast all game.

Hey, I was at that game as well. Probably didn't enjoy the game quite as much as you did though. :)

Well then, I totally understand why that crowd wasn't too loud... :grin:

Just for discussion purposes re: msu in a bcs bowl.

First, one of osu and Wisconsin will have lose, and we know what will happen if msu and wisc tie, so we will we assume nw beats wisc. That puts osu in the rose. So, what happens next?

Assuming Oregon and auburn win, then the rose will have to take Boise. The sugar will replace auburn with lsu. Orange is forced to take acc. I believe sugar has next pick, and they are looking at msu, tcu, Stanford, and big east. I guess I don't know what they would want here, but msu appears to be an attractive option. I suppose if they don't get picked, msu will be equally as attractive to the orange. So I guess it's 50/50 between these two bowls for msu under this scenario.

But what if auburn loses to bama? I think they beat south Carolina and qualify for the sugar. Osu is still in the rose, but the rose can pick Stanford to replace Oregon. The sugar is then picking among sec, tcu, msu, and big east. They can't take sec, so it's between msu and tcu. Slightly different than above. But in this case, if they go with tcu, orange will surely take sec, and big east goes to fiesta. So, under this scenario, it's sugar or nothing.

Thus, if assuming a bcs bowl for state, it's more likely to be the sugar against an sec team than the orange against the acc.

Fin.

yeah, I didn't make it to that game due to a vodka induced haze....I do remember waking up to hear the 4th down call when Germaine dropped back and threw an interception, and I puked on my floor and passed out for another 24 hours

yeah, I didn't make it to that game due to a vodka induced haze....I do remember waking up to hear the 4th down call when Germaine dropped back and threw an interception, and I puked on my floor and passed out for another 24 hours

I remember sitting in the kitchen at my mom's house watching on a little 17" TV. When that pass was intercepted in the end zone, I yelled at him to get down, rather than running it out of the endzone. Luckily, it didn't end up mattering.