MoTownTigers15

Adam Dunn is a free agent: Tigers "hopeful but you never know"

Yes!

Werth, Cabrera, Dunn .. that'd be dangerous!

this is the "dream" lineup for next year. if everything that is realistically possible was done.

1. Austin Jackson CF

2. Carl Crawford LF

3. Justin Upton RF

4. Miguel Cabrera 1B

5. Adam Dunn DH

6. Jhonny Peralta SS

7. Scott Sizemore 2B

8. Brandon Inge 3B

9. Alex Avila C

Bust the bank for Werth + Dunn. It's time for the Tigers to make a serious WS run in 2011

If we are able to get Dunn, I'm more worried about our pitching rotation than anything else. Verlander, Scherzer, and pray for rain?

There's too many question marks with Porcello, Coke, Galarraga, et al. I'd rather have those three competing for a #4 and #5 slot than hoping they'll be 3-4-5 in our rotation, and praying that 1 and 2 don't get injured.

lol, there are very few things more pathetic than correcting simple spelling errors on an internet message board.

are you one of those guys who makes sure people use "your" and "you're" correctly too?

Don't be rude just because I don't agree with you.

Get a clue.

If we get Dunn, I don't want VMart, unless Avila is gone.

I think it's a given that if we sign Dunn, than VMart is off the table. V-Mart has part-time DH written all over him.

Don't be rude just because I don't agree with you.

Get a clue.

I'm not being rude. I just think it's faulty logic to say that if we sign a guy who is going to hit 35-40HRs and get on base 40%+ of the time will keep us a 3rd place team. I mean wtf kind of production do you want out of the DH? The production Dunn will give us demolishes the production we've had in the past.

Basically, it's about sense....and you're not making any my friend.

lol, there are very few things more pathetic than correcting simple spelling errors on an internet message board.

are you one of those guys who makes sure people use "your" and "you're" correctly too?

Usually if you're telling someone to get a clue, or something along those lines, you want to have a clue about simple grammar and spelling yourself. Wouldn't you want to come off at least a little intelligent when you're attacking someone simply because they don't agree with you on baseball opinions?

And for the record, yes I cannot stand when people misuse "your" and "you're."

The problem is, if we're signing Dunn to bat 5th, who's going to bat second and third?

If we don't do something like resign Maggs, I'd rather see Cabrera bat third and Dunn bat fourth. Even if we do resign Maggs, he should be batting second.

Usually if you're telling someone to get a clue, or something along those lines, you want to have a clue about simple grammar and spelling yourself. Wouldn't you want to come off at least a little intelligent when you're attacking someone simply because they don't agree with you on baseball opinions?

And for the record, yes I cannot stand when people misuse "your" and "you're."

Except spelling truly as truely, has less than 0 to do with Adam Dunn not being good enough to be a Detroit Tiger, as the cat man is suggesting.

Almost as pathetic as telling somebody they are terrible and have no clue. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Obviously not, since he didn't correct yours.

OH NOES. Anything but people who use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation on a message board! ANYTHING BUT THAT!

Except spelling truly as truely, has less than 0 to do with Adam Dunn not being good enough to be a Detroit Tiger, as the cat man is suggesting.

I doubt anyone is suggesting that spelling has to do with Dunn, but when you're trying to discredit other people it usually makes you look better if you grasp spelling and grammar is all I'm saying.

And back to Dunn.

Meh. I just looked up his posts. Seems it's nothing personal with me.

He attacks everyone that doesn't agree with him.

Let's move on. I don't want this to turn into one of "those" threads.

And for Yoop's and Benke's sakes, I hope we sign Dunn.

;-)

If we get Dunn why bust the bank for another big bat? Add some smaller pieces and we should be able to compete. I'd hold my money and load again next year because this class isn't that great and you'd have Guillen's 12 million coming off the books.

God, what could be worse than knowing the basic rules of the language one purports to speak?

The problem is, if we're signing Dunn to bat 5th, who's going to bat second and third?

If we don't do something like resign Maggs, I'd rather see Cabrera bat third and Dunn bat fourth. Even if we do resign Maggs, he should be batting second.

I hope Dunn would bat third if we don't sign any other big bat, you can't IBB Cabrera if there's already someone on first

Excellent punctuation!

Had to.

I hope Dunn would bat third if we don't sign any other big bat, you can't IBB Cabrera if there's already someone on first

Joe Maddon did it. With runners on 1st and 2nd no less. With Dunn's speed I could see it happen a couple times.

God, what could be worse than knowing the basic rules of the language one purports to speak?

That is fine, but pointing out flaws on a sports message board seems pretty unproductive. If I spell truly as truely are people not going to understand what I was saying? No, obviously not. Anyways back to the Dunn watch! :happy:

That's what I'd do. If Dunn and Cabrera are on the same team, they have to hit 3-4. You can't have two bats like that and not have either one of them bat in the first inning every time. Raburn or Peralta can bat 5th.

That is fine, but pointing out flaws on a sports message board seems pretty unproductive. If I spell truly as truely are people not going to understand what I was saying? No, obviously not. Anyways back to the Dunn watch! :happy:

People only seem to care about spelling/punctuation when you attack other posters or get snitty with people.

lol, there are very few things more pathetic than being a jerk on an internet message board.

Fixed that for you.