MoTownTigers15

Adam Dunn is a free agent: Tigers "hopeful but you never know"

According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, Adam Dunn is "moving closer" to a deal, possibly with the Tigers.

We didn't see Dunn signing so quickly, but the Tigers have been very aggressive so far this winter, wrapping up deals with Brandon Inge, Jhonny Peralta and Joaquin Benoit. Dunn has been reluctant to accept a DH job in the past, but a few extra million could probably change his mind. Nov. 17 - 1:44 pm et

VIA ROTOWORLD.

Sorry if this was posted already.

That would be a surprise.

But what is not a surprise is that DD does all of his shopping in the first 2-4 weeks of the offseason. He does this every year. The only guys he signs after that period are arbitration cases, or All-star free agents that can't find a home elsewhere (Pudge, Maggs, Valverde, Damon).

So the fact that we'd move quick and either overpay or set the market for free agents, is not a surprise at all.

Dunn has hit 38+ HR, 96+ RBI each of last 7 years and a .370+ OBP 5 of last 7 years

He is the model of consistency, he would be a huge addition, and Im sure Miguel would love having him hitting behind him.

I like these as independent threads...the individual signings spur other discussion.

This is pretty surprising to me actually. He gives us a thumper but he clogs up our outfield. Ah well...I like the protection for Miggy and Rhine Reighburn

Not going to classify it as a false alarm, but we're not close.....yet

Via Heyman's Twitter:

hearing dunn isn't close yet with any 1 team, tho tigers are showing keen interest

It would be really surprising for him to sign this early instead of trying to get more and more money from teams.

It would be really surprising for him to sign this early instead of trying to get more and more money from teams.

I'm imagining we've made an offer, and they're going to review with the Nationals, White Sox, and any other interested parties to see if they can up the ante?

Not going to classify it as a false alarm, but we're hearing dunn isn't close yet with any 1 team, tho tigers are showing keen interest.

That's just what they want you to think...

I was told by a guy who has a guy who is a contact in the Nats organization that says that the whole "Adam Dunn won't DH" thing is just a bargaining tactic, and that he thinks Dunn will happily go and play wherever the money is, to whatever end necessary. So signing him doesn't necessarily mean he will be in LF.

I was told by a guy who has a guy who is a contact in the Nats organization that says that the whole "Adam Dunn won't DH" thing is just a bargaining tactic, and that he thinks Dunn will happily go and play wherever the money is, to whatever end necessary. So signing him doesn't necessarily mean he will be in LF.

the closest adam dunn will be to left field is when hes rounding second headed for third after a homer.

the closest adam dunn will be to left field is when hes rounding second headed for third after a homer.

What about pre-game stretching? Or are we only counting in-game scenarios?

What about pre-game stretching? Or are we only counting in-game scenarios?

Ah! got me there sheed. Although if it were up to me, he'd complete his stretching in the hitting tunnel. Maybe practice putting the bat down and walking to first, I hear thats exausting.

sorry about that this can be deleted when ever!

Nope. There is nothing wrong with this thread. I personally think the big, general threads are clunky and difficult to follow, especially for those who are only interested in one or two of the topics being discussed in them. And this subject is certainly thread-worthy and on-topic all by itself.

I'm glad this thread is here. I get tired of having to dig thru the muddled "general" threads. I'm a member of a lot of message boards but I have to say, as I much as I love this one, the policing of threads is getting very old.

Ah! got me there sheed. Although if it were up to me, he'd complete his stretching in the hitting tunnel. Maybe practice putting the bat down and walking to first, I hear thats exausting.

Ahhhh, who are we kinding. We know Dunn's pre-game stretching consists of 5 hot dogs and couple Bud Lights to wash them down.