T&P_Fan

Michigan Basketball 2010-11

If this team makes the NIT, Beilein probably deserved that stupid extension.

You are completely underrating them. This is a good team.

You are completely underrating them. This is a good team.

I have a feeling that conference play will tell a different story.

Oh. Well, good to know. I guess my expectations were too high for this game.

I think your expectations might be too high for this team.

Rob

I will miss this one. I am on my way to Portland for the week. This should be a blow out though.

I think your expectations might be too high for this team.

Rob

Really? I am expecting them to have a shot at the NIT. Is that really too high?

Just got back from the Concordia game. Michigan let them hang around for awhile, and Concordia got it within 6-7 at times in the 2nd half, but Michigan pulled away at the end and won by 21. Certainly not the best performance, but I'll take it. That Rocko Holmes had an impressive game for Concordia. Jordan Morgan also looked good.

Best part of the day was sneaking into the Big House to see the ice. Took some friends who have never seen Michigan Stadium inperson before, and they were blown away. The lights look amazing too.

Really? I am expecting them to have a shot at the NIT. Is that really too high?

Before the season and the Clemson win, I would have said definitely yes. Their upperclassmen are just not very good, and their potentially better players are awfully young. Seeing Morris play better, seeing Morgan contribute, seeing Smotrycz and Hardaway score effectively, maybe your expectations aren't crazy. I do think they will be massively up and down this year, and it feels like a REALLY hard team to predict.

Rob

Before the season and the Clemson win, I would have said definitely yes. Their upperclassmen are just not very good, and their potentially better players are awfully young. Seeing Morris play better, seeing Morgan contribute, seeing Smotrycz and Hardaway score effectively, maybe your expectations aren't crazy. I do think they will be massively up and down this year, and it feels like a REALLY hard team to predict.

Rob

I agree.

Just got back from the Concordia game. Michigan let them hang around for awhile, and Concordia got it within 6-7 at times in the 2nd half, but Michigan pulled away at the end and won by 21. Certainly not the best performance, but I'll take it. That Rocko Holmes had an impressive game for Concordia. Jordan Morgan also looked good.

Best part of the day was sneaking into the Big House to see the ice. Took some friends who have never seen Michigan Stadium inperson before, and they were blown away. The lights look amazing too.

How could Morgan look good when his guy, 4 inches shorter, scored 29 on him?

How could Morgan look good when his guy, 4 inches shorter, scored 29 on him?

Take it within the context of where Jordan Morgan was 12 months ago. Look, the kid probably isn't going to become an All-Conference talent in the next year or two (hell, he might not ever), but he's come a long way in a relatively short time, and he's going to give your roster at least serviceable size! Bottom line - nobody who knew their *** from their elbow would have thought he'd have that opportunity just over year ago.

Take it within the context of where Jordan Morgan was 12 months ago. Look, the kid probably isn't going to become an All-Conference talent in the next year or two (hell, he might not ever), but he's come a long way in a relatively short time, and he's going to give your roster at least serviceable size! Bottom line - nobody who knew their *** from their elbow would have thought he'd have that opportunity just over year ago.

This is true. He is still not even close to being in ideal condition, which I assume is why he got abused by a 6'5" guy, but he's showing that he's a legit Big Ten player.

This is true. He is still not even close to being in ideal condition, which I assume is why he got abused by a 6'5" guy, but he's showing that he's a legit Big Ten player.

Lets see him play some other Big Ten players before we say that.

Michigan up 17 at halftime vs the Utes. Darius Morris is simply the best player on the court. What a good player he is becoming.

Watched the whole game... this is a very interesting team. I don't feel like they will stack up well against the Big 10 across an entire season, but they have enough energy and good shooters to pull off a handful of big upsets, which might be enough to get them into the tourney if they can pile up the wins early in the season here...

This team is better than last year's team. Darius Morris has come on by leaps and bounds.

This team is better than last year's team. Darius Morris has come on by leaps and bounds.

What do you think fueled this? I was just talking with my buddy and neither of us ever expected Morris to be the player he appears to be right now. He seems to be in complete control on the floor. Morgan has also exceeded my expectations this far.

Will they win some Big Ten games?

What do you think fueled this? I was just talking with my buddy and neither of us ever expected Morris to be the player he appears to be right now. He seems to be in complete control on the floor. Morgan has also exceeded my expectations this far.

Will they win some Big Ten games?

I think Beilein is a good coach and Morris was a talented kid in high school. Put the two together and you have a player who has improved a lot.

They'll struggle with the size and athleticism of some teams in the Big Ten, but they'll be alright. I think they'll be an NIT team, but with a little luck they could be a fringe NCAA tourney club.