T&P_Fan

Michigan Basketball 2010-11

BTW I know some on here thought Michigan might end the season ranked, well they were not in the postseason top 25 released today. They finished 37 (in the other receiving votes category)

Did people actually think that?

Did people actually think that?

uhmm....from the Michigan - Duke thread

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see them crack the final poll this year.

No ****. Good find. I think I'll retire from message boards now. There is no excuse for thinking that.

Though, in my defense, not being surprised and thinking it would actually happen are two different things entirely.

I'll stick with that argument for now.

I think in the aftermath of the game it made sense to think that, but even Michigan fans have pretty much forgotten about that now, especially since Duke immediately got smashed. I imagine the average voter doesn't even remember anything other than that Michigan lost.

Yeah, had Duke won it all .. maybe that helps, but it was basically wishful thinking (unless you were Shelton:)

I think I was guilty as well, although I am not sure. I believe I was more adament about Michigan being ranked in the pre-season poll next year.

I think I was guilty as well, although I am not sure. I believe I was more adament about Michigan being ranked in the pre-season poll next year.

Which I think is more likely than I would have guessed based on some peoples "Way to early rankings", they are getting the respect that they deserve moving forward that I thought some people would fail to recognize. Of course if Morris leaves that all changes.