T&P_Fan

Michigan Basketball 2010-11

Really happy we were able to pull out a win in the ACC/Big Ten challenge. If you look at the remaining games leading up to the Big Ten Opener against Purdue we have a shot at going into the Big Ten schedule 10-2. I wonder how many Big Ten wins it would take from that point on to have a shot at the tourney?

Really happy we were able to pull out a win in the ACC/Big Ten challenge.

Kudos on that win. Definitely went a long way in getting the B10 back on "track" following the other UM's debacle.

If you look at the remaining games leading up to the Big Ten Opener against Purdue we have a shot at going into the Big Ten schedule 10-2. I wonder how many Big Ten wins it would take from that point on to have a shot at the tourney?

I don't know...What with Concordia lurking just around the corner! :wink:

Although to be fair, were I a betting man, I'd wager you drop one of these 3 contests: Harvard, Utah or Oakland. My money would be on Oakland. Having said that, I think you'll need 10-2 to have a good shot at the NIT.

Edited by lionstigersand...

Kudos on that win. Definitely went a long way in getting the B10 back on "track" following the other UM's debacle.

I don't know...What with Concordia lurking just around the corner! :wink:

Although to be fair, were I a betting man, I'd wager you drop one of these 3 contests: Harvard, Utah or Oakland. My money would be on Oakland. Having said that, I think you'll need 10-2 to have a good shot at the NIT.

We will see how it plays out. Concordia doesn't count towards our RPI so as long as we don't lose that game doesn't matter. I'm not to concerned about Harvard but that might come back to bite me. Utah is my biggest concern and I'm not even sure why. When Big Ten play rolls around we will need to shoot better that is for sure.

Michigan will have no problems leading up to the Big Ten opener, they will be 10-2 and you can take that to the bank.

Michigan is still being under-rated. Syracuse and Utep and both tourney teams and much more experienced. Michigan will learn. This current team is an NIT lock with an outside shot at the tourney.

Darius Morris will be the best point guard in the Big Ten next and probably one of the best in the country. He has the size and vision to be a pg. Things are looking good.

Michigan will have no problems leading up to the Big Ten opener, they will be 10-2 and you can take that to the bank.

Michigan is still being under-rated. Syracuse and Utep and both tourney teams and much more experienced. Michigan will learn. This current team is an NIT lock with an outside shot at the tourney.

Darius Morris will be the best point guard in the Big Ten next and probably one of the best in the country. He has the size and vision to be a pg. Things are looking good.

You need to transfer some of your optimism to the football program man.

Wow.

Out...To...Lunch...

Uh oh. Maybe somebody will call this foolish. :grin:

Haha, well played sir.

I dont know why my optimism is much higher for the basketball program, but it is. I like what Beilein is doing and I think the direction of the program is in good shape.

Winning at Clemson for a team who starts two freshman and has no seniors is an impressive win. This next month will only help to build the momentum.

Im confident in this Michigan team, except Stu Douglas, he is still god awful.

Haha, well played sir.

I dont know why my optimism is much higher for the basketball program, but it is. I like what Beilein is doing and I think the direction of the program is in good shape.

Winning at Clemson for a team who starts two freshman and has no seniors is an impressive win. This next month will only help to build the momentum.

Im confident in this Michigan team, except Stu Douglas, he is still god awful.

I like this group too, though they are raw. Morris looks like a stud, Hardaway will be and Horford and Morgan show potential to be better bigs than we have had lately.

Tommy Amaker returns to Crisler this Saturday when Michigan plays Harvard.

Ha, should be fun....I was at Tommy Amakers last game as Michigan coach, I made sure to let him know he was done as he was walking off the court :cheeky:

I watched both Syracuse and Utep, and then Clemson the other night. So far, I'm impressed with them. I honestly like this team more than last years team. I think they will be better than people think.

I watched both Syracuse and Utep, and then Clemson the other night. So far, I'm impressed with them. I honestly like this team more than last years team. I think they will be better than people think.

This team definitely looks more like what they need to be to win, the 2 stars and a bunch of bums routine hasn't worked, but the players they added so far seem to have a nice skillset, Smotrych and Hardaway both look tough so far as freshman. They'll take their bumps throughout the season, especially if Zack, Stu and Vogrich go through any shooting slumps, but I like this team to watch better than last years for sure.

Michigan about to tip off vs Harvard, on the Big Ten Network.

You watching Mike?

Can't find a stream. You know of one?

I didn't get a chance to watch the game but I see it went final. 65-62 win. Michigan basketball just seems to have all kinds of trouble with Ivy League schools. Anybody who watched the game know what went wrong? I guess as a program were not in a position to complain about close wins, regardless of who it is against(unless it's Concordia). Still, I was expecting something more like a 10-15 point win.

I didn't get a chance to watch the game but I see it went final. 65-62 win. Michigan basketball just seems to have all kinds of trouble with Ivy League schools. Anybody who watched the game know what went wrong? I guess as a program were not in a position to complain about close wins, regardless of who it is against(unless it's Concordia). Still, I was expecting something more like a 10-15 point win.

I didn't think anything went wrong, Michigan was leading by 3,4,5 points for most of the game against a good opponent. Douglass had a huge game and Morris looked like a real floor leader.

I didn't think anything went wrong, Michigan was leading by 3,4,5 points for most of the game against a good opponent. Douglass had a huge game and Morris looked like a real floor leader.

Oh. Well, good to know. I guess my expectations were too high for this game.

Harvard looked like a solid team. This was a game of runs, back and forth. And Michigan showed some real poise at the end, Morris handled the team well and Douglas took over in the 2nd half. The game changed when Blake Mclinfjcbnsid (I think thats how they spell it) came in and spelled Jordan Morgan. He played solid post defense and got a couple buckets.

Edited by T&P_Fan