T&P_Fan

Michigan Basketball 2010-11

watching the game it looks like michigan might have found some hidden Gems in Hardaway Jr. and Morris

Really good game. Actually exceeded my expectations. The only problem I had in the first half was the rebounding but it got better in the 2nd half and we ended up out rebounding Bowling Green. The shooting from the floor and behind the arc was also a good sign, because if this team is going to win games they are going to have to shoot with a high percentage. Evan Smotrycz was on fire in the first half, draining 4 3's. He is only a Freshmen too. Good game all around.

watching the game it looks like michigan might have found some hidden Gems in Hardaway Jr. and Morris

Not the best of competition to judge by but Morris looks like he's taken a great leap forward from last year (not surprising since he's only a sophomore). 11 assists is pretty impressive. Hardaway, though basically only playing the second half, looked good too. He might fill that Harris role more quickly than expected, with the added bonus he actually wants to be in Beilein's offense. Smotrycz and Morgan showed some signs too and Novak back at SG is going to be much more of contributor this season.

They are a really young team so I'm not sure what the season will bring. Winning the games they are supposed to, especially convincingly is a great start.

Not the best of competition to judge by but Morris looks like he's taken a great leap forward from last year (not surprising since he's only a sophomore). 11 assists is pretty impressive. Hardaway, though basically only playing the second half, looked good too. He might fill that Harris role more quickly than expected, with the added bonus he actually wants to be in Beilein's offense. Smotrycz and Morgan showed some signs too and Novak back at SG is going to be much more of contributor this season.

They are a really young team so I'm not sure what the season will bring. Winning the games they are supposed to, especially convincingly is a great start.

+1

I can't believe Concordia Ann Arbor is on their schedule... an NAIA team 15 minutes down the road. 774 students currently enrolled.

Should be a real nailbiter.

Yeah, I couldn't believe that either. I don't think (at least I really hope) that game will be very interesting.

I was really impressed with Morris, he looks like he grew up a lot over the summer. He slowed the game down and made his teammates better. I know it was against bowling green, but it sure was a good start.

Morris and Hardaway give me some hope. I'm liking them both. Plus we have better big man depth this year with Morgan,Horford etc. Novak doesn't have to play 4 now and so on.

The basketball game is about to start. TP get in this thread and talk some basketball so we can agree on stuff once in awhile.

The basketball game is about to start. TP get in this thread and talk some basketball so we can agree on stuff once in awhile.

Morgan off to a real good start. Im trying watch the Lions game as well.

Morgan off to a real good start. Im trying watch the Lions game as well.

Sloppy game so far. Score is 15-8 halfway through the first half. Michigan only shooting 33% with 4 turnovers.

Edit: Make that 5 turnovers

Morgan 4-5 with 8 points.

Morgan is playing well, especially on the boards. However we need to shoot better if we have any hope this season. Weak team, we should be finding open shots and draining them.

Morris has 10 and 7 in the 1st half. I am extremely encouraged with what Morris is showing so far this year. Seems to be in control.

Great way to end the half. Started out a bit sloppy but went on a good run.

Halftime

Michigan 41

Gardner-Webb 19

Field Goals 17-31 (54.8%)

3-Point Shooting 3-9 (33.3%)

Tim Hardaway Jr 13 Points

Jordan Morgan 12 Points

Darius Morris 12 Points

Final From Ann Arbor 80-58 Michigan wins. Pretty dominating performance. Shot above 50% from the field.

Darius Morris Led all scorers with 21 Points. Jordan Morgan had 20 and Tim Hardaway Jr added 15 but he didn't really play much in the 2nd half. Michigan is now 3-0 on the year.

Sounds like a good performance. Wish I could have watched it. Bring on Syracuse (who is actually in a close one with William & Mary right now)

Sounds like a good performance. Wish I could have watched it. Bring on Syracuse (who is actually in a close one with William & Mary right now)

Syracuse hasn't actually played very well this year so maybe Michigan will have a chance to win that game. It is Syracuse though and they have a lot of talented players so it will still be a test.

They honored Rose, King, and Jackson at halftime. Video at the link with a 30 second sound byte from Jackson too.

Michigan honors Jalen Rose, Jimmy King and Ray Jackson at halftime - AnnArbor.com

We know what Rose and King are up to now. So I was curious what Jackson is doing. This is from his wikipedia page:

Ray Jackson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jackson now lives in Austin, Texas where he runs a moving company and Rise Up Inc., a not-for-profit organization that assists children socially, educationally and on the basketball court.

They honored Rose, King, and Jackson at halftime. Video at the link with a 30 second sound byte from Jackson too.

Michigan honors Jalen Rose, Jimmy King and Ray Jackson at halftime - AnnArbor.com

We know what Rose and King are up to now. So I was curious what Jackson is doing. This is from his wikipedia page:

Ray Jackson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Will there ever be a day when all five come back?

Playing Syracuse tonight, this will be a good measuring stick to see where this basketball team is. I am pretty excited for the game, thought it would be a day game like last year. Have to wait til tonight though.

Does Michigan have a chance?

Does Michigan have a chance?

Looking forward to this as well.

They have a chance if they hit 40% or better on their 3pt attempts

I think this will be a good game but I don't think I will be able to watch. It is on HDnet and not many people have that channel so I don't think I will be able to find a stream anywhere.

Syracuse has struggled a lot this year early on but their still a very talented team so this is a good test to see where we are at.

As already stated, shooting well will be the key, as it will be with every big game we play this year. If we shoot over 40% from 3 pt territory we will have a shot.