Game #9: Pistons Vs Clippers - 11/12/10

2-6 (0-4)

det.gif @ thlac.gif 1-8 (1-3)

Live from The Staples Center

Staples_Center-1.jpg

Game Info: 10:30 pm EST Fri Nov 12, 2010

TV: FSNDetroitlogo.jpg

Injury Report:

Los Angeles: Baron Davis - Out (Knee). Randy Foye - Out (Hamstring). Eric Gordon - Questionable (Shoulder). DeAndre Jordan - Questionable (Knee). Chris Kaman - Out (Ankle).

Detroit: Chris Wilcox - Out (Hamstring).

Team Stats

lac.gif

Team Four Factors

eFG%: 0.473 (24th of 30)

TOV%: 0.156 (26th of 30)

ORB%: 0.275 (10th of 30)

FT/FGA: 0.211 (25th of 30)

Team Leaders

Win Shares: Eric Gordon 0.5

Minutes Per Game: Eric Gordon 36.9

Points Per Game: Eric Gordon 21.1

Rebounds Per Game: Blake Griffin 10.1

Assists Per Game: Eric Bledsoe 5.2

Steals Per Game: Eric Bledsoe 1.0

Blocks Per Game: DeAndre Jordan 1.4

det_3.gif

Team Four Factors

eFG%: 0.468 (26th of 30)

TOV%: 0.133 (8th of 30)

ORB%: 0.268 (14th of 30)

FT/FGA: 0.208 (27th of 30)

Team Leaders

Win Shares: Ben Gordon 0.8

Minutes Per Game: Tayshaun Prince 34.4

Points Per Game: Ben Gordon 17.0

Rebounds Per Game: Ben Wallace 8.2

Assists Per Game: Ben Gordon 2.6

Steals Per Game: Ben Wallace 1.2

Blocks Per Game: Charlie Villanueva 1.1

Half of the Clippers' team is out with injuries. I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's a good thing we're getting them before they are healthy.

I watched a bit of the Clippers' game a couple of nights ago on the replay on ESPN against the Spurs.

I remember them cutting the deficit to four and then losing it down the stretch with some techs and stuff like that. That's about how much attention I gave the game. It was nice to see McDyess be a major force on the boards. Beyond that I don't recall him scoring.

Hopefully the Pistons don't have a brain fart tonight because they should win this game. Granted that doesn't mean much but no reason to lose to the Clippers who have this many injuries.

I know I won't be watching this game. I'll be working until 12:30 tonight. Hopefully, they'll start the rebroadcast around 1 a.m. I guess they could still be doing Pistons Live at that time as well.

I know I won't be watching this game. I'll be working until 12:30 tonight. Hopefully, they'll start the rebroadcast around 1 a.m. I guess they could still be doing Pistons Live at that time as well.

Replay doesn't start until 3 AM. Might want to record it live.

Huge, must lose game tonight for the Pistons. We know the Clippers will take care of business and lose when they come to Detroit, we must return the favor tonight. Harrison Barnes isn't gonna show up here on his own, we need an entire team effort.

I'm starting to hate Kuester, no matter how this game comes out.

- Drubbed in the third quarter

- Monroe glued to the bench in favor of Maxiel

- Villanueva is their best player now, they need him to start.

- Prince is a blackhole out there and still gets 40 minutes per game,

- one of the best closers in the league gets bench planted at the end of the game

- Hamilton can't get his own shot at the end of games

- no feel for timeouts to stop runs

- no halftime adjustments

- even McGrady getting bench planted, he finally hit a couple of jumpshots a few nice passes and some good defense.

- does Ben Wallace have it in his contract not to play in the 4th quarter?

Pistons can't overcome this crap, with a mediocre coach they would win some of these games, their bench is dominant.

pistons are a joke. keep messing around and winning games like this. lets pick #10 in the draft and add someone with no potential, why not. these games are so critical to lose, yet we pull this one out of our *** somehow.

meanwhile a team like the clippers with a young core will be 1-9 and in prime position.

pistons are a joke. keep messing around and winning games like this. lets pick #10 in the draft and add someone with no potential, why not. these games are so critical to lose, yet we pull this one out of our *** somehow.

meanwhile a team like the clippers with a young core will be 1-9 and in prime position.

I hate that lose on purpose sh-t, Idk how you can watch a team you pull for, and hope they lose. It will never make sense to me.

I'm starting to hate Kuester, no matter how this game comes out.

- Drubbed in the third quarter

- Monroe glued to the bench in favor of Maxiel

- Villanueva is their best player now, they need him to start.

- Prince is a blackhole out there and still gets 40 minutes per game,

- one of the best closers in the league gets bench planted at the end of the game

- Hamilton can't get his own shot at the end of games

- no feel for timeouts to stop runs

- no halftime adjustments

- even McGrady getting bench planted, he finally hit a couple of jumpshots a few nice passes and some good defense.

- does Ben Wallace have it in his contract not to play in the 4th quarter?

Pistons can't overcome this crap, with a mediocre coach they would win some of these games, their bench is dominant.

I agree with most of this.

Kuester just doesnt look like he has clue whats going on out there, like when Melrose coached the Lightning for a few hours last season.

Good to see them hang on and win last night though.

Good to see them win last night. End of the game and OT was frustrating as all hell since Kuester had BG on the bench and Monroe never plays. Max looked decent last night but he should not be playing as much as he is.

I loved seeing Max get some playing time. His free throw shooting was clutch and much needed.

I missed the second half because of League Pass Broadband. They have a way of spoiling a game if one were to go into OT. They pretty much tell you that the game went into OT if you are watching it on archive. It's stupid and I don't see how anyone would like to know that. It takes away from knowing if a game will come down to a last shot in the 4th. I have to hide where they show which is a ridiculous process that I go through that warrants questions from my girlfriend as to why I have my hand blocking a part of the screen for a few seconds while squinting.

Back to the game... good stuff from CV obviously. I think we have such an incredible talented squad on paper. I know that means nothing, but I really think we'll have a much more competitive team to watch as the season progresses. The first half was very nice and surely I wouldn't be so rosy if I caught the 3rd and the full 4th quarter. A collapse like that against a beat up LAC team is unacceptable. I like watching the Clippers, but I think DeAndre Jordan might be one of the worst players in the league. Pretty useless player.

Thumbs up to the LAC broadcast team too. Funny guys, good rapport, and they don't take themselves too seriously. I wasn't a huge Rebecca Haarlow fan for some reason at one point, but she is one of the finer talents on a NBA sideline IMO. I'm talking strictly looks by the way.

Edited by jonjd

As odd as it sounds, that was a disappointing win.

The Clippers are bad. They are missing 2 starters and a third has a bum shoulder. They turned the ball over 21 times. Even as bad as the Pistons are, they should win that game by double digits.

I forgot about the 21 turnovers Del. Ridiculous. This shouldn't have been close.

I hate that lose on purpose sh-t, Idk how you can watch a team you pull for, and hope they lose. It will never make sense to me.

it's not hoping that they lose, that's scewed thinking. by rooting for them to win games in a 100% meaningless season you are rooting for them to lose/stay mediocre in the grand scheme. i guess some people are just not capable of looking at the big picture.